What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2035 - JeepForum.com

 76Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #30511 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,417
It's not always lying...lol. I had the "low coolant" and "rear lamp failure" messages before, neither of which have been a lie yet.


97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30512 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM
mikebontoft
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Murray
Posts: 245
11mpg! Not bad considering just how hard I was on it...
mikebontoft is offline  
post #30513 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 08:22 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,417
A couple years ago, possibly right before I got rid of my budget boost in lieu of my current setup, I went messing around in the snow for a full day. I ended up with a hand calculated 8.2 MPG when all was said and done. That was the worst tank I've ever had but it was fun.

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #30514 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 PM
96_zj_laredo
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
A couple years ago, possibly right before I got rid of my budget boost in lieu of my current setup, I went messing around in the snow for a full day. I ended up with a hand calculated 8.2 MPG when all was said and done. That was the worst tank I've ever had but it was fun.
So far, my worst tank has been 12, but I'm averaging about 13 between all the calculations I've made

All I need in life is my Jeep, my guns, and my wrenches... And maybe some fine women too
96_zj_laredo is offline  
post #30515 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 PM
mikebontoft
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Murray
Posts: 245
Y'know... I couldn't care less about my mileage. I did with the Toyota because it was slow. I got the same mileage now as I did with a 3.0 V6 manual... yeah..
mikebontoft is offline  
post #30516 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,727
My VIC still only tells me the truth.

Today I decided I'd forego tires for the Orvis for now, because I found a stellar deal on a supercharger for my 240. That, and I don't trust the shop I was gonna have my tires mounted and balanced at anymore.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #30517 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 PM
mikebontoft
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Murray
Posts: 245
240 as in...?

Superchargers are pretty cool. I've been debating on what I should do to get some power out of this 360 or if I should even try it.

Good god my front discos are loose as hell. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's loose suspension/steering components. Unfortunately I have both! Guess I'll see what a remanned Durango box will cost through work so I can pay for it...eventually . Oh and a PS pump too.

I dunno about the disconnects. Maybe time to order some good ones. These JKS' seem pretty old and well worn.
mikebontoft is offline  
post #30518 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 11:09 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices
 
kg6mov's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cupertino
Posts: 10,530
I'm not sure how you're finding the 360 lacking in power, but you can get pretty far with just NA. Real tunes are the big thing, intake and exhaust as well.

1996 ZJ Green Laredo V8, 2.5" OME and Bilsteins, 33's, Holes drilled in the roof.
1998 ZJ 5.9 - Junked
1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline  
post #30519 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 11:32 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
240 as in...?

Superchargers are pretty cool. I've been debating on what I should do to get some power out of this 360 or if I should even try it.
240 as in SX. 240SX. It's a Nissan. It's not fast enough yet.

I wouldn't bother blowing a Magnum. They're not very good at it without being rebuilt for boost, and they make plenty NA, with proper modification.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #30520 of 44363 Old 02-26-2014, 11:49 PM
mikebontoft
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Murray
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

240 as in SX. 240SX. It's a Nissan. It's not fast enough yet.

I wouldn't bother blowing a Magnum. They're not very good at it without being rebuilt for boost, and they make plenty NA, with proper modification.
I had figured that's what you meant... but I didn't want to sound stupid. Have you welded the diff yet? Haha.

To be fair, I drive a lot of BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rovers... those with the V8 or V8SC move pretty well. The turbos are insane. I also used to (still do but don't drive it) have a Mazda 626 with 340wtq. Fast, but front wheel drive.

360 has the power... I just need to get to it. It came with a 3" exhaust when I bought it, along with an MSD 6A and 8.5mm wires etc. Except factory coil (?). Time to do some research on these mods.
mikebontoft is offline  
post #30521 of 44363 Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 AM
Myusername1674
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 2,310
Adjusted my caster, adjusted rear pinion angle... rearend is almost perfectly aligned but still got mad vibes, I'm pretty sure my rear ds is too short though causing it not to seat on the slip yoke... Oh yay more money... and to think I had it shortened last fall with the tcase swap, now the new lift makes my driveshaft to short... I really should have thought that one through better : : :

Almost took the doors off today, but I figure I'd give it another few days... Ready for spring for sure

95 FiveTwo ZJ, DD, Lifted, Locked on 35s, Build (in progress)

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline  
post #30522 of 44363 Old 02-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson
Posts: 459
So I was fiddling around and just noticed that there is a little vent type cut out on the tranny tunnel on the drivers and passenger side. But it seems to have some fluid in it. Coolant maybe? It's only like this on the passenger side. Any input would be appreciated.
Syncityj is offline  
post #30523 of 44363 Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 AM
mikebontoft
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Murray
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
So I was fiddling around and just noticed that there is a little vent type cut out on the tranny tunnel on the drivers and passenger side. But it seems to have some fluid in it. Coolant maybe? It's only like this on the passenger side. Any input would be appreciated.
Probably the HVAC case drain, but that's my guess.
mikebontoft is offline  
post #30524 of 44363 Old 02-27-2014, 09:58 AM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
I had figured that's what you meant... but I didn't want to sound stupid. Have you welded the diff yet? Haha.

To be fair, I drive a lot of BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rovers... those with the V8 or V8SC move pretty well. The turbos are insane. I also used to (still do but don't drive it) have a Mazda 626 with 340wtq. Fast, but front wheel drive.

360 has the power... I just need to get to it. It came with a 3" exhaust when I bought it, along with an MSD 6A and 8.5mm wires etc. Except factory coil (?). Time to do some research on these mods.
Ew, what do you take me for, some stanced-out drift loser? No, I'm going either clutch-type or helical LSD. If you're going to do something, do it right.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #30525 of 44363 Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 AM
mikebontoft
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Murray
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

Ew, what do you take me for, some stanced-out drift loser? No, I'm going either clutch-type or helical LSD. If you're going to do something, do it right.
Stanced out? No. But it seems that everyone on the local drift group does that as their first "mod." "Hey I just got my (insert RWD vehicle here) and can't wait to weld the diff so I can drift!" Open diff it, or do it right... otherwise don't drift it.
mikebontoft is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 37 04-29-2016 10:36 PM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome