What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2035 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #30511
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

It's not always lying...lol. I had the "low coolant" and "rear lamp failure" messages before, neither of which have been a lie yet.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #30512
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

11mpg! Not bad considering just how hard I was on it...
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #30513
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

A couple years ago, possibly right before I got rid of my budget boost in lieu of my current setup, I went messing around in the snow for a full day. I ended up with a hand calculated 8.2 MPG when all was said and done. That was the worst tank I've ever had but it was fun.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #30514
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
A couple years ago, possibly right before I got rid of my budget boost in lieu of my current setup, I went messing around in the snow for a full day. I ended up with a hand calculated 8.2 MPG when all was said and done. That was the worst tank I've ever had but it was fun.
So far, my worst tank has been 12, but I'm averaging about 13 between all the calculations I've made
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #30515
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Y'know... I couldn't care less about my mileage. I did with the Toyota because it was slow. I got the same mileage now as I did with a 3.0 V6 manual... yeah..
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #30516
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

My VIC still only tells me the truth.

Today I decided I'd forego tires for the Orvis for now, because I found a stellar deal on a supercharger for my 240. That, and I don't trust the shop I was gonna have my tires mounted and balanced at anymore.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #30517
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

240 as in...?

Superchargers are pretty cool. I've been debating on what I should do to get some power out of this 360 or if I should even try it.

Good god my front discos are loose as hell. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's loose suspension/steering components. Unfortunately I have both! Guess I'll see what a remanned Durango box will cost through work so I can pay for it...eventually . Oh and a PS pump too.

I dunno about the disconnects. Maybe time to order some good ones. These JKS' seem pretty old and well worn.
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #30518
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

I'm not sure how you're finding the 360 lacking in power, but you can get pretty far with just NA. Real tunes are the big thing, intake and exhaust as well.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #30519
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
240 as in...?

Superchargers are pretty cool. I've been debating on what I should do to get some power out of this 360 or if I should even try it.
240 as in SX. 240SX. It's a Nissan. It's not fast enough yet.

I wouldn't bother blowing a Magnum. They're not very good at it without being rebuilt for boost, and they make plenty NA, with proper modification.

Shoulda had a V8
Unread 02-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #30520
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

240 as in SX. 240SX. It's a Nissan. It's not fast enough yet.

I wouldn't bother blowing a Magnum. They're not very good at it without being rebuilt for boost, and they make plenty NA, with proper modification.
I had figured that's what you meant... but I didn't want to sound stupid. Have you welded the diff yet? Haha.

To be fair, I drive a lot of BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rovers... those with the V8 or V8SC move pretty well. The turbos are insane. I also used to (still do but don't drive it) have a Mazda 626 with 340wtq. Fast, but front wheel drive.

360 has the power... I just need to get to it. It came with a 3" exhaust when I bought it, along with an MSD 6A and 8.5mm wires etc. Except factory coil (?). Time to do some research on these mods.
Unread 02-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #30521
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Adjusted my caster, adjusted rear pinion angle... rearend is almost perfectly aligned but still got mad vibes, I'm pretty sure my rear ds is too short though causing it not to seat on the slip yoke... Oh yay more money... and to think I had it shortened last fall with the tcase swap, now the new lift makes my driveshaft to short... I really should have thought that one through better : : :

Almost took the doors off today, but I figure I'd give it another few days... Ready for spring for sure

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #30522
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

So I was fiddling around and just noticed that there is a little vent type cut out on the tranny tunnel on the drivers and passenger side. But it seems to have some fluid in it. Coolant maybe? It's only like this on the passenger side. Any input would be appreciated.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #30523
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
So I was fiddling around and just noticed that there is a little vent type cut out on the tranny tunnel on the drivers and passenger side. But it seems to have some fluid in it. Coolant maybe? It's only like this on the passenger side. Any input would be appreciated.
Probably the HVAC case drain, but that's my guess.
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #30524
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
I had figured that's what you meant... but I didn't want to sound stupid. Have you welded the diff yet? Haha.

To be fair, I drive a lot of BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rovers... those with the V8 or V8SC move pretty well. The turbos are insane. I also used to (still do but don't drive it) have a Mazda 626 with 340wtq. Fast, but front wheel drive.

360 has the power... I just need to get to it. It came with a 3" exhaust when I bought it, along with an MSD 6A and 8.5mm wires etc. Except factory coil (?). Time to do some research on these mods.
Ew, what do you take me for, some stanced-out drift loser? No, I'm going either clutch-type or helical LSD. If you're going to do something, do it right.

Shoulda had a V8
Unread 02-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #30525
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

Ew, what do you take me for, some stanced-out drift loser? No, I'm going either clutch-type or helical LSD. If you're going to do something, do it right.
Stanced out? No. But it seems that everyone on the local drift group does that as their first "mod." "Hey I just got my (insert RWD vehicle here) and can't wait to weld the diff so I can drift!" Open diff it, or do it right... otherwise don't drift it.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.