Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#40,661 ·
Took it in for the N45 recall check, factory hitch checked out fine, though they wondered why it was hammered silver instead of black. :laugh: Left it there for a few hours because I had class, went to pick it up and the tech couldn't get it to run for more than a few seconds then it'd turn off and the alarm would blare, which is odd because my factory alarm has been disabled...went out back, hit unlock on my Compustar remote, honking stopped, hopped in, fired up, and drove away :rofl:

#40,667 ·
Yep, abs/airbag acceleration switch.

#40,669 ·
Carpeted rear cargo area and wheel wells also carpeted where I removed the rear seat belt adjuster to match the cargo storage area I built where the rear seats were. That adhesive on the wheel wells is some tough stuff. Used heat gun and a razor and pulled and skinned it just like I would a hide.

Also appears that the pinging has been taken care of and looks like after having no success with all the prescribed remedies per FCA bulletins that the suggestion of the MAP resolved it. I will no for sure next week when I take a trip back to the Doc.

Attachments

#40,670 ·
6 months ago her ZJ kept stalling out -- I checked everything I could -- eventually - Pep-boys - traced it down to the crank sensor and $175-ish later :2thumbsup:

Last month it died again - free tow to back to Pep-boys :rolleyes:

( I told them -- No spark ) --- They couldn't find any thing wrong -- no charge for the tow :thumbsup:

Ran fine for two weeks --- then the same thing -- free tow to P/B's ------ they had it idle in the shop for 2 hours - zero problem :mad: Again -- no tow charge :rolleyes:

3 days later it died a few blocks from the house - called for a tow again -- the tow service said they would be there in a few hours - so I walked home --- one hour later just for poops & giggles I went back and ---- yet it started :thumbsup:

Called the tow guy and said its now at my house --- 2 hours idling back at their shop -- couldn't find anything wrong :mad:

So I decided to start throwing parts at it to see what sticks -- with the pep internet order discount --

Crank sensor -- $71.

On line 25% off discount - no shipping cost but tax's and they sent some tire wipe crap that I'll give away -- YJ don't need no shiny tires :cool:

The sensor came today -- $58.

As I was typing this -- it died again -- now its going to be towed again

#40,672 ·
I bought a replacement daily driver for it. Or, daily rider, rather. Niner gets worse fuel economy than expected, and I needed an excuse to build some credit anyway. Whoo, motorcycles.

Gonna keep the niner on daily standby status though. Weather is a thing.

#40,674 ·
Cleaned the sand out of it. Fishing this morning, and the water exploded with a school of jack crevalle. Dolphins had herded mullet into the shallows and the jacks said breakfast time! Water looked like a washing machine. Landed a 30 lb der. Got the Rugged Ridge mat set just in time, made quick work of it.

#40,680 ·
BJ 60's are just as good, if it's got enough driver side tube to put your mounts in.

I don't believe anybody who says that they're going to rebuild the kingpin on their axle on the trail.