What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2034 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 02-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #30496
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Thats pretty sad but im bored. The baby is sleeping oldest daughter is in her room youngest daughter is taking a shower and wife is picking up dinner

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
Yeah, I was out at dinner and didn't really feel like getting my phone all greasy.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #30497
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post

That's much better than the $55 EACH I paid for cam bolts at the stealership..... BEFORE I learned that auto parts stores could get them too.
I was afraid I'd have to call the dealer if I couldn't find any. Thankfully Napa pulled through at 5:30 tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post

Rockauto has them for $25 a pair i think

That's be great if I didn't need them ASAP lol

Quote:

I have a commercial account at our local Napa.
2 cam bolts, 2 cam washers, and 2 nuts. My cost = just under $21 including tax.

Live and learn....
I ended up using our Napa shop account and it was $35.69 for the pair. I wonder if they're different brands or just location to cause that big of a price difference.

OT: short arms done and new cam bolts showed up a half hour before our shop closes. Didn't get a chance to align it but so far no vibes and drives 100% better than before. All the OEM bushings nearly fell apart taking them out. I'll throw it up on the alignment rack tomorrow and dial her in. I'm stoked I can drive it now without it wandering all over the road.
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #30498
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

I got my new iro double shear track bar in ups today. Its going on this weekend with my new header panel all new lights up front radiator and a/c rip out along with a new serp belt

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #30499
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
I ended up using our Napa shop account and it was $35.69 for the pair. I wonder if they're different brands or just location to cause that big of a price difference.
Sorry, bad memory... looked at receipt again: $26.88.(compared to $115 after tax for two cam bolts on the wife's ZJ. I managed to save the washers & nuts on hers. Not so lucky on mine)
EDIT: make that "just under $27", not $21. My bad!
Still quite a difference either way.
I'm guessing mine were a cheap brand, since I had to remove the pressed on cam washer and rotate it 7 splines on one and 4 on the other in order for it to line up with the cam washer on the nut end of the bolt.
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #30500
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Bleh, all I did was find one thing after the other causing problems in the front end. I also suddenly developed a phantom brake fluid leak. The reservoir drained almost dry on me 2 days ago, I've traced every inch of brake line from caliper to abs and nothing. I've started to notice that when something goes bad on this ZJ it never does it the easy/expected way.
Unread 02-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #30501
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

My torque converter wants to keep unlocking while in OD. Looked to be a half quart low but I don't think that would cause that all of a sudden. Any suggestions? Kinda funny I fix one issue yesterday and another starts today....gotta love jeeps lol.
Unread 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #30502
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
My torque converter wants to keep unlocking while in OD. Looked to be a half quart low but I don't think that would cause that all of a sudden. Any suggestions? Kinda funny I fix one issue yesterday and another starts today....gotta love jeeps lol.
Mine did that when I first got it.
My brake switch wasn't resting fully in place in it's mount.
It was sending a signal like I was using the brake pedal when I wasn't.
If the switch isn't fully depressed when the pedal returns to it's released position it makes the PCM think you're on the brakes, unlocking the converter.
Unread 02-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #30503
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

Mine did that when I first got it.
My brake switch wasn't resting fully in place in it's mount.
It was sending a signal like I was using the brake pedal when I wasn't.
If the switch isn't fully depressed when the pedal returns to it's released position it makes the PCM think you're on the brakes, unlocking the converter.
Hmm ok I'll check that out thanks
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #30504
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ
Mine did that when I first got it. My brake switch wasn't resting fully in place in it's mount. It was sending a signal like I was using the brake pedal when I wasn't. If the switch isn't fully depressed when the pedal returns to it's released position it makes the PCM think you're on the brakes, unlocking the converter.
That's weird, I blew my brake switch about a month ago, my brake lights were stuck on, and my torque converter still locked in OD
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #30505
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Got mine stuck this morning going to work. I made a side trip and found out how far i can flex in it. I almost dropped a front spring and tucked my rear pass tire so far into the fender that it locked it completely down. I really need to get my 4wd fixed so i can play again.

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #30506
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_zj_laredo View Post
That's weird, I blew my brake switch about a month ago, my brake lights were stuck on, and my torque converter still locked in OD
Multiple contacts within one switch assembly.
One set can be bad while the other is still good.
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #30507
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

On my drive home from work it shifted fine and acted as it should. I'm totally baffled by it's behavior this morning.
Unread 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #30508
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Drove a 150 mile round trip after work to look at what I thought was a set of four wheels, only to get there and find out it was only three. Came home empty handed, but at least the ZJ ran great.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #30509
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ
Multiple contacts within one switch assembly. One set can be bad while the other is still good.
Makes sense
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #30510
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Cleaned up all the solder points on my Vic and fixed the rear lamp failure then 15 minutes later it comes back on but actually because I have a blown out bulb
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.