What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2033 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Reply
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #30481
96_zj_laredo
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 265
It was last night, but got her muddy with the girlfriend

image-1629864102.jpg

image-2503575617.jpg

image-981894662.jpg

__________________
All I need in life is my Jeep, my guns, and my wrenches... And maybe some fine women too
96_zj_laredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #30482
Hytek
Senior Member
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 790
Front lowers are in and of course one of the cam bolts snapped in 2 breaking it loose. Waiting on Napa now, $42 a pair fml...
__________________
98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #30483
Hytek
Senior Member
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 790
Short arms are in but still no front lower cam bolts.
__________________
98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #30484
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Like I said, it's all for satire.
...
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #30485
JColee
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Logansport, IN
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

And this is why nobody else is allowed to drive my Jeep.
Well, just went out to fix the linkage and it keeps binding. I disconnected the linkage all together and manually shifted it into 2wd, binding, shifted it into 4PT, binding, shifted it into 4FT, binding. So now is where I start getting a little worried about what the problem is. Transfer case or front differential?
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #30486
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColee View Post
Well, just went out to fix the linkage and it keeps binding. I disconnected the linkage all together and manually shifted it into 2wd, binding, shifted it into 4PT, binding, shifted it into 4FT, binding. So now is where I start getting a little worried about what the problem is. Transfer case or front differential?
It's probably just not coming out of 4PT due to being bound up. Put it in 2wd, drive around a parking lot a bit turning left and right. If it's still binding, try doing it again in reverse. At some point, it'll un-bind enough to let the t-case shift.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #30487
JColee
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Logansport, IN
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
It's probably just not coming out of 4PT due to being bound up. Put it in 2wd, drive around a parking lot a bit turning left and right. If it's still binding, try doing it again in reverse. At some point, it'll un-bind enough to let the t-case shift.
Alright, I'll give that a shot. I'm really hoping that's all it is. It's hardly been driven in Part-Time, I usually just use 4FT, so that may be the problem.
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #30488
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Front lowers are in and of course one of the cam bolts snapped in 2 breaking it loose. Waiting on Napa now, $42 a pair fml...
That's much better than the $55 EACH I paid for cam bolts at the stealership..... BEFORE I learned that auto parts stores could get them too.
__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #30489
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton, tn
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post

That's much better than the $55 EACH I paid for cam bolts at the stealership..... BEFORE I learned that auto parts stores could get them too.
Rockauto has them for $25 a pair i think

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #30490
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Rockauto has them for $25 a pair i think

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
Double check that. They seem to run that each from a lot of places. I got mine on eBay for about $12 each plus shipping. One of mine has a wallered out washer so I figured I'd just buy two new ones.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #30491
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Rockauto has them for $25 a pair i think

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
I have a commercial account at our local Napa.
2 cam bolts, 2 cam washers, and 2 nuts. My cost = just under $21 including tax.

Live and learn....
__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #30492
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton, tn
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

Double check that. They seem to run that each from a lot of places. I got mine on eBay for about $12 each plus shipping. One of mine has a wallered out washer so I figured I'd just buy two new ones.
I just went back and checked and they have them individual for $10.79 a piece or $25.79 for a set. The individuals are moog and the set are acdelco

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #30493
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
I just went back and checked and they have them individual for $10.79 a piece or $25.79 for a set. The individuals are moog and the set are acdelco

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
I would have checked but I'm lazy and know if I told you to, you'd do it.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #30494
roughknight69
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jamestown ny
Posts: 1,862
Picked up the materials needed to make a battery holder since I bought my zj with out one.
image-2730638931.jpg

__________________
Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/roughknight69s-95-zj-build-1319907/[/url]
roughknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #30495
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton, tn
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

I would have checked but I'm lazy and know if I told you to, you'd do it.
Thats pretty sad but im bored. The baby is sleeping oldest daughter is in her room youngest daughter is taking a shower and wife is picking up dinner

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.