What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2032 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #30466
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GCL View Post
Changed rear diff fluid. Soon getting new front shocks. Also anybody interested in a KOR roof tire carrier? I think it's for a zj but I'm not entirely sure
Kind of. I thought of just making my own though.

Led lights look good. Did you ever see the difference a headlight polish made to my lenses? They look new again.

mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #30467
inkspot88
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GCL View Post
Changed rear diff fluid. Soon getting new front shocks. Also anybody interested in a KOR roof tire carrier? I think it's for a zj but I'm not entirely sure
I am! You can pm me a price if you'd like. I sure hope it's for a zj.
inkspot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #30468
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
the fastest way around a corner is always the largest arch you can fit through the corner at the highest speed possible without losing traction. Drifting corners is slower than keeping traction in a corner. It might be cool and flashy, but there's a reason you don't see f1 cars on gp circuits drifting.
and there is a reason you dont see f1 cars on dirt

luh luh luh context luh luh luh

bleh
Unread 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #30469
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

A lot of drift sluts are held together by zip ties after they crash, like so:

He then combines that notion with the style of the so-called doge meme to satirize the above fact
Oh I see thanks for explaining......and here I thought I was being creative lol.

OT: brought it to work hoping to get the short arms on and ended up being busy most of the day. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get at least the lowers done.

Also thinking about swapping my JK wheels from the WJ to the niner. Found this pic earlier....is this someone on here's? Looks friggin badass!
Unread 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #30470
chiefjohnston
1996 ZJ 

Added two more cross rails on my roof rack, replaced bulbs in instrument cluster, stood back and invisioned her with lift and bigger tires!
chiefjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #30471
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Replaced the distributor.
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #30472
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
The fastest way around a corner is always the largest arch you can fit through the corner at the highest speed possible without losing traction. Drifting corners is slower than keeping traction in a corner. It might be cool and flashy, but there's a reason you don't see F1 cars on GP circuits drifting.
In theory, this is true. However, in practice the traction condition is not always the perfectly sticky concrete track with sticky race slicks and lots of downforce, that you see in F1 and GP.

In situations where the grip limit is low, or difficult to discern, it can be faster to exceed the grip limit in a controlled drift at a high speed than to try to find and not exceed the grip limit. In a corner it may be impossible to find the grip limit, and in such a case the driver will always be slower than a well-executed slide.

This is why, especially in rally, you do see a lot of drifting in professional racing. Even in GT racing, there's a lot of subtle 4-wheel drifting, due to the nature of the vehicle aerodynamics. It's faster in those cars to drive with the wheels slipping slightly, than to stay below the grip limit.

Anyway, today I replaced the batteries in my keyfob. Long-range lock/unlock ftw!

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #30473
V8jeepinVA
too much to list

1998 ZJ 

Had wheel spacers never used them put them on and like the look. Now need wider wheels so I can take them back off
V8jeepinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #30474
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Received a call this morning from my mom, whose been driving my ZJ. Apparently to get out of a parking spot, she put it in "4-wheel drive". She asked if I'd ever experience hopping with the tires before, turns out she'd been driving it in part time 4 wheel drive. Since my 242 swap, my linkage has always had some problems, so now its stuck in 4 part time until I crawl underneath it.
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #30475
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColee View Post
Received a call this morning from my mom, whose been driving my ZJ. Apparently to get out of a parking spot, she put it in "4-wheel drive". She asked if I'd ever experience hopping with the tires before, turns out she'd been driving it in part time 4 wheel drive. Since my 242 swap, my linkage has always had some problems, so now its stuck in 4 part time until I crawl underneath it.
And this is why nobody else is allowed to drive my Jeep.

Unread 02-25-2014, 04:18 AM   #30476
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
And this is why nobody else is allowed to drive my Jeep.
I let my wife drive my ZJ whenever. The rule is as long as she doesn't adjust the seat, she's good. I taught her to use my electric fan as well as the transfer case, if the weather deems that necessary. She hasn't driven it recently, nor have I. Upon my last inspection, I found a torn boot on the TRE at the end of the draglink. I have the TRE to replace it; I don't have the time. Maybe I can get to it in a couple of weeks, when I'm finally home from all this traveling for work. It's due for an oil change and tire rotation as well.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #30477
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
A lot of drift sluts are held together by zip ties after they crash, like so:

He then combines that notion with the style of the so-called doge meme to satirize the above fact

i think its a good repair if its not intended to be serious

no disrespect from me because if it works it works y'know

the doge bit was for levity
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #30478
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Couple of days ago but new 3.5 re springs dropped trans pan (had the cork gasket in it still) found out my double Cardone joint is shot, I need new plug wires, and motor mount on drivers side is gone.
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #30479
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
i think its a good repair if its not intended to be serious

no disrespect from me because if it works it works y'know

the doge bit was for levity
Like I said, it's all for satire.

Unread 02-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #30480
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

Ordered my RE budget boost
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.