What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2026 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #30376
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Oh yeah, I'll agree with that. The more samples you have, the better. My running average, according to Fuelly, is 13.9 MPG. I've calculated a lot worse than that and also had Fuelly represent a lot lower than that. I've also had some really good tanks where I had 200 miles of highway driving that averaged quite high. To be honest, I'm surprised my Fuelly average is that high. That's tracked for over 10,000 miles as well so I'd imagine it's fairly accurate. About all of that is with my lift and maybe 5000 of it is with my 31s. All in all, I guess for what my ZJ has done to it, that's not too terrible for an average.
I used to be good about actually logging mine. I got lazy after a while. I still calculate every tank, but I'm not so good about tracking it anymore. Here's the data from when I did log religiously: http://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-l...vehicleid=3613

It's been about 1.5 years and 28k miles since I got lazy about it though I'm entertained to see that I got the tanks from when I brought my parts ZJ home on there. I'd forgotten that I broke 11 mpg on the highway towing another ZJ on a trailer, lol.

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #30377
JColee
1997 ZJ 

I slammed into a hidden pot hole covered in rain water and snow melt, felt that something wasn't right and I pulled onto a side street to check my tires. Front passenger was okay but my rear passenger tire went flat almost instantly after the hit. I turned on the flashers and started changing the tire in the rain, when two more cars rounded the corner, flashers on with flat tires.

I offered to help one of them out as well, an elderly gentleman who had back surgery recently, and changed his front tire quickly.

I suppose I'll be checking the tire tomorrow and hoping it can be saved, but I doubt it.
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 05:16 AM   #30378
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
Hahah yep did this one by myself, held the skid up with a ratchet strap then used jack stands for the hitch. Pain the *** but I got er done

sent from, uh
Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I bet that worked better than my folding chair and using my legs idea... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I used to be good about actually logging mine. I got lazy after a while. I still calculate every tank, but I'm not so good about tracking it anymore. Here's the data from when I did log religiously: http://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-l...vehicleid=3613

It's been about 1.5 years and 28k miles since I got lazy about it though I'm entertained to see that I got the tanks from when I brought my parts ZJ home on there. I'd forgotten that I broke 11 mpg on the highway towing another ZJ on a trailer, lol.
I went about a year without logging mine because I wasn't daily driving it. I ended up daily driving it this December because I lost my job with my company car. Now that I have another job with another company car, it's probably not going to be tracked anymore again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColee View Post
I slammed into a hidden pot hole covered in rain water and snow melt, felt that something wasn't right and I pulled onto a side street to check my tires. Front passenger was okay but my rear passenger tire went flat almost instantly after the hit. I turned on the flashers and started changing the tire in the rain, when two more cars rounded the corner, flashers on with flat tires.

I offered to help one of them out as well, an elderly gentleman who had back surgery recently, and changed his front tire quickly.

I suppose I'll be checking the tire tomorrow and hoping it can be saved, but I doubt it.
I did that last year with my company car. I knocked the tire off the bead, from what I could see. Firestone didn't think that though, or at least they told the lease company I needed all 4 new tires because the 4 wheel drive system couldn't handle different tires. I would have argued them but they didn't give me the chance. I went there to pick it up when it was done and it had 4 Primewells installed on it. Luckily, the lease company paid for it and not me...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #30379
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got this in the mail today... Damn it USPS, you're cramping my style. And my air cleaner.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #30380
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Got this in the mail today... Damn it USPS, you're cramping my style. And my air cleaner.

Those are custom bends to allow more air flow. As long as most of the air gets filtered......
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #30381
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Tore apart the cargo area and cut the carpet out of the rear getting ready to bedline it and add the tj bezel whenever it gets here today
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #30382
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06
Tore apart the cargo area and cut the carpet out of the rear getting ready to bedline it and add the tj bezel whenever it gets here today
What liner are you using?
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #30383
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Those are custom bends to allow more air flow. As long as most of the air gets filtered......
I guess it's nothing a little RTV won't fix... Race Jeep problems...
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 02-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #30384
jdcobbzj18
1994 ZJ 

31.10.50 no lift
unnamed-5-.jpg

jdcobbzj18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #30385
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69
What liner are you using?
I went with the monstaliner in od green
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #30386
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06
I went with the monstaliner in od green
Very nice I did brown eyed girl to match my interior color medium driftwood
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #30387
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Fixed my low idle and slow crank issue by tightening battery cables. I love easy fixes. Also, does anyone know why a ZJ needs 4 female seatbelt ends for the back seat, or is it just mine?
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #30388
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj97ltd
Also, does anyone know why a ZJ needs 4 female seatbelt ends for the back seat, or is it just mine?
I think it had something's to do with cars seats.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #30389
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I think it had something's to do with cars seats.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Oh, ok. This is my 4th ZJ and I don't think I've ever noticed.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #30390
mikebontoft
1998 ZJ 

I just parked next to another badass ZJ.
mikebontoft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.