Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#40,461 ·
Proto on the extrusion crap, then buy a real laser sintered from shapeways.

I think I could machine one faster than I could cad draw and print it, and I'm faster at cad.
There's actually already a similar concept sitting up on shapeways. I considered it. But the delivery date would be in September if I ordered it today, and it'd cost twice as much as the whole cable from Crown.

If I'm gonna make a metal clip I'm gonna do it the long way, with a backyard aluminum forge and a lost filler casting. No way I'm waiting 3 weeks for an overpriced industrial 3D printer to convince me 3D printing is useful for rapid prototyping at their lead times.

#40,463 ·
Got it back from my exhaust guy after he put on the Kolak 2.5" setup with a new Dorman manifold, the old one was nearly completely cracked around the diameter of the tube. I am so in love with how this thing sounds, nice deep tone (but not loud) at idle, but really livens up when you put the pedal down

#40,466 ·
Got pulled over for doing 52 in a 30. When he said 52 I said "this thing can go 52mph?" He didn't find it funny...ohh also is was a construction zone with no workers on it....he did nothing to the tahoe that was riding my *** and flew by me after the small construction zone though.
They never do.

#40,469 ·
Its called a manifold, and is no longer available from Mopar.You can pick one up at the JY. If worse gets to worse and you can't find one, let me know. I think I have one brand new in the box.
Thanks! I wound up just drilling it out and putting a bolt and nut on it lol

If I was to need said manifold, what would you let it go for?

Finally drove it without it leaking coolant, had to replace the water pump inlet tube lol o ring was toast, now that I think about, I could've just put an o ring on the old tube. Oh well, it was only 10 bucks haha

Now I just have to vac and refill the ac

Sent from my S5 somewhere in the woods

#40,471 ·
Thanks! I wound up just drilling it out and putting a bolt and nut on it lol

If I was to need said manifold, what would you let it go for?

Finally drove it without it leaking coolant, had to replace the water pump inlet tube lol o ring was toast, now that I think about, I could've just put an o ring on the old tube. Oh well, it was only 10 bucks haha

Now I just have to vac and refill the ac

Sent from my S5 somewhere in the woods
I don't remember what I paid for it, I'll have to look.

#40,478 ·
Took the hose to the mud from the last outing. Cleaned the crap out in the back.

The ****ing box truck was a gallon low on coolant, ****, and I put 2k on the mercedes last week commuting around oregon.

My sister got a part time job though, now she just needs to get her drivers license and then I'll have to deal with a car for her.

#40,480 ·
Woohoo! Passed inspection, now just gotta pay tax and tag. Also got 3 caps for ecm, gonna try and tackle that soon. Tired of waiting forever for the check engine light to come on so it'll start (when it's cold or only a little warm. Also, doesn't stall, just have to wait for the asd to click so the cel will come on.).
May pick up some new front sway bar/link bushings as well. Pretty sure that's what my clunk is b/c they're worn out.