What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2021 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #30301
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
That viper key has to add 50 HP eh?
I heard it was only good for 25 at the rear wheels, but I need spares and for the same price as a Jeep key, I figure it couldn't hurt.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #30302
Sourlemon
1996 ZJ 

Took a photo of my jeep, and Drifted for over 500 miles 2 weekends ago in the snow we had! Such a blast helping people who got stuck, and drifting away!
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #30303
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Finally decided to get an Addco rear sway bar and energy suspension greasable bushings. I can already tell by the weight that it's much more substantial than the stock bar. I don't know why I waited so long, the front was a great improvement. Thanks Kolak!
screen-shot-2014-02-18-12.48.52-pm.jpg

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #30304
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Unread 02-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #30305
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
It does change the effective rolling diameter by allowing the tire to squish more.
it may be as tall but the tire still has the same amount of tread and still rolls longer that the others to make a full rotation
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #30306
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
it may be as tall but the tire still has the same amount of tread and still rolls longer that the others to make a full rotation
It's the only aired down crawl it will ever see.
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #30307
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
That looks great. Who done it?
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #30308
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
It's the only aired down crawl it will ever see.
All that bald-*** street tire will see anyway. I'm not wheeling it on bald street tires, that'd be dumb. The tires I'm looking at are a set of Kumho KL78 A/Ts, and I'm planning a trip to Colorado this summer for some tougher wheeling than Texas typically offers. (As well as a number of trips to the local spots)

I don't know what your deal is, Polka, but I think you ought to stop talking out your ***.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #30309
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
All that bald-*** street tire will see anyway. I'm not wheeling it on bald street tires, that'd be dumb. The tires I'm looking at are a set of Kumho KL78 A/Ts, and I'm planning a trip to Colorado this summer for some tougher wheeling than Texas typically offers. (As well as a number of trips to the local spots)

I don't know what your deal is, Polka, but I think you ought to stop talking out your ***.
Put your diaper back on you big baby.

When you get those tires, get all the same size this time lol. That way you won't have to "deflate one to match" and also run the risk of a blowout because it's old, bald, under inflated, and overheating.
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #30310
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I heard it was only good for 25 at the rear wheels, but I need spares and for the same price as a Jeep key, I figure it couldn't hurt.
Yep, 50 hp. 25 to the rear, 25 to the front...
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #30311
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
That looks great. Who done it?
Me and my dremel, mainly the dremel, lol.

51mm hole saw for initial bore, wire wheel to clean deposits, to shape 'n smooth; tungsten carbide cutter, 60 grit drum, 120 grit drum, 350 grit spongy thing, polish pad
Unread 02-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #30312
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Put your diaper back on you big baby.

When you get those tires, get all the same size this time lol. That way you won't have to "deflate one to match" and also run the risk of a blowout because it's old, bald, under inflated, and overheating.
Implying I've had this Jeep long enough to put mismatched used tires on it.

Don't speak. It makes you look as dumb as you are.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #30313
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You are still driving it around like that with the front shaft in aren't you? Or were you smart enough to take it out? Either way driving on bald under inflated tires causes blowouts.
Unread 02-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #30314
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
Me and my dremel, mainly the dremel, lol.

51mm hole saw for initial bore, wire wheel to clean deposits, to shape 'n smooth; tungsten carbide cutter, 60 grit drum, 120 grit drum, 350 grit spongy thing, polish pad
That's something I'd consider attempting to do on my own I think, as long as a tune or any other "supporting" mods aren't really necessary. How long did it take you?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #30315
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
That's something I'd consider attempting to do on my own I think, as long as a tune or any other "supporting" mods aren't really necessary. How long did it take you?
The longer you take the better it looks First time it took me a full 24 hours over two days. You don't need a tune.

A hole saw and a vice is a good way to go. I used a brake honer and then sanded. Looks great and it's free! I didn't notice anything big but the throttle response was much better.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.