What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 202 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 07-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #3016
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98zjkidd View Post
Almost got arrested in it because of a Dick cop in my small town said it was unsafe, because it had a loud exhaust, blacked out tails, and no front bumper.
i think every small town has one dick cop i got into an fight with one are new cops he was tail gating me in a 45mph so i put my turn signal on and pulled over he pulled in behind me with no lights on i asked him why he was following me he called me an a ss hole and told me to shut up then i get a citation in the mail for 400 bucks!!!! my town is corrupt something crazy.

93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #3017
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ZJDave

i think every small town has one dick cop i got into an fight with one are new cops he was tail gating me in a 45mph so i put my turn signal on and pulled over he pulled in behind me with no lights on i asked him why he was following me he called me an a ss hole and told me to shut up then i get a citation in the mail for 400 bucks!!!! my town is corrupt something crazy.
Ya its so bull**** bc I've had at least 15 cops of not more follow me and not do ****
98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #3018
808Defender
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ZJDave View Post
About 2 years ago I had a cop pull me over (I WAS speeding) but instead of pulling behind me he pulled in front of me. I was harassed and drug out of my car forcefully and had some other issues with him. now he pulled in front because his dash cam could not see him doing what he was doing. He actually yelled and used some "racial" words towards me. Me being the hot head he was lucky I did not clean his clock. I was charged with resisting arrest ( he handcuffed me to give me a citation then let me go. I got about 2500.00 in total fines but when I went to court to fight it I ended up paying the speeding ticket and that was all and the Judge was very concerned as yo why he would pull infront of me. Out here in Seattle I have seen many less then fair cops especially on the Eastside in Bellevue and Kirkland.
808Defender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #3019
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

ive had that happen to was doing 110 and the cop slid his car in front of me but he pulled out of a used car dealer in an unmarked car with no lights or sirens so i called him on it and he has to let me go from entrapment. but with this cop he said i was speeding well i happen to pull over in front of a 45mph sign and pointed it out to him he said i was going faster then that which i was only doing maybe 40 since he was riding my bumper hes a new young cop and thinks he is gonna change the world. otherwise it went to his head got a court date in a few weeks to take care of it.
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #3020
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98zjkidd
Nope he followed me home and said next time I see u driving with out it fixed I'm forcing an inspection then bringing u to county.

So my girlfriends mom just came to pick us up to bring us out to dinner and see that Dick has another jeep pulled over, but this was just a stock xj. I have a zj with a 4" lift and 31/11.5 swampers.

I think he is just pissed he doesn't have a jeep.
Can your jeep pass inspection, is it legal? If so I'd keep driving around and get his badge number and report him for harassment. Ps I love California, I've seen some pretty messed up cars, jeeps, monster trucks driving around. And when I took my doors off I had no side mirrors. Never once got bothered.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #3021
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

We don't have any inspections in Indiana other than emissions in some counties. I'm in a county with emission testing, but technically, I could probably get away with a decent amount of "unsafe" modifications. Too bad I don't have the time/money to do more to the Jeep... Eventually maybe...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #3022
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Took her wheelin....ahhhhh, all is right with the world again.

Hung right in there with the wranglers!
image-1653740519.jpg  
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #3023
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps

Can your jeep pass inspection, is it legal? If so I'd keep driving around and get his badge number and report him for harassment. Ps I love California, I've seen some pretty messed up cars, jeeps, monster trucks driving around. And when I took my doors off I had no side mirrors. Never once got bothered.
I was just looking at the lift laws in Maine and I don't need bumpers, and if I have an exhaust its fine. I'll be calling the state troopers tomorrow to confirm, and if its true ill put a print out of the lift laws and wait for that Dick *** to pull me over and give it to him. And if he tries to arrest me ill just make a quick call to the troopers
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #3024
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Only thing he could of gave me **** for was for the blacked out tails
Unread 07-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #3025
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJFABN View Post
So what size wrench did you use to get that light off?
What were the prices in your efforts of pricing?

You went a little overboard on the tech, dont you think?
Thats funny.
On topic: Nuthin... its been parked at work since Thursday. Im driving the company truck while Im on-call till Tuesday. Saving my gas $$$.
Unread 07-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #3026
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

made a grand cherokee fuel pump fit in an 89 cherokee
Unread 07-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #3027
Andy05
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Defender View Post
About 2 years ago I had a cop pull me over (I WAS speeding) but instead of pulling behind me he pulled in front of me. I was harassed and drug out of my car forcefully and had some other issues with him. now he pulled in front because his dash cam could not see him doing what he was doing. He actually yelled and used some "racial" words towards me. Me being the hot head he was lucky I did not clean his clock. I was charged with resisting arrest ( he handcuffed me to give me a citation then let me go. I got about 2500.00 in total fines but when I went to court to fight it I ended up paying the speeding ticket and that was all and the Judge was very concerned as yo why he would pull infront of me. Out here in Seattle I have seen many less then fair cops especially on the Eastside in Bellevue and Kirkland.

Its *******s like this (the cop, not 808defender) that give cops a bad name. I am a cop in the military and I can't stand the way civilain cops act. Cops should uphold the law and set the example. Im sorry that so many people have had so many bad run-ins with these idiots. If you can get their badge # and report that and get them off the street.

Last edited by FPKites; 07-03-2011 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Just type what you want, let the filter do its job
Andy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #3028
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Getting a little heated in here guys, let's tone it down. This is a family friendly forum.

Let's not try to get around the filter either. Just type what you want. We're all intelligent adults here, and we can count asterisks.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #3029
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Indeed I respect law enforcement and what they do but the job goes to there head and they think they can do whatever they want they misuse there power and shouldn't but there's not much that can be done for cops are always right around here so if its your word against a cops your going to lose and I really don't think that's right.
Unread 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #3030
youwish023
1994 ZJ 

I bought another ZJ on wednesday. This one is black with grey interior. Doesn't have nearly the tires I have on my other ZJ (Cooper Discoverer STTs). When I got it the tires were shot, the bumper was cracked, the top to the center was missing, the sunglasses holder was missing, the stereo didn't work, the blinkers didn't work, there was a bad dent in the passenger side rear door. All of that is fixed now and lookin sharp! I painted the stock ZJ wheels black and that looks sweet! Now I can't decide if I want to keep it or sell it and make a hell of a profit... I like this ZJ, I just like my other one better lol.

Oh decisions decisions......
youwish023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.