What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2019 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #30271
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Today, I washed the Orvis. So pretty when she's shiny.
Mine only looks that good when it's still wet lol

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #30272
NissanGuy23
1996 ZJ 

Since my PCM got fixed, the ZJ has been running good, and mostly got me through the winter. Recently thought i ran into a no-crank condition at work. Starter has been tested and is strong, battery is also good. After failing to fix it myself, i had it towed to pep boys, where they claimed it was a bad ground connection to the starter. They added a new nut, charged me the $70 and i was on my way. Now, the Jeep is at my complex, and once again wont crank.

Any advice on cleaning the terminals? I have the starter in my apartment and am cleaning the ***** out of it, ill do the same with the wire that leads to the starter. Is there any cleaning method/solution recommended? Would some kind of contact grease help guarantee a connection?
NissanGuy23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #30273
loodi

as a car detailer, my own stupidity is the cause of me being pissed right now. (windows rolled down)

oh well at least it was fun

(yeah, i know... tires...)
loodi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #30274
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loodi View Post
as a car detailer, my own stupidity is the cause of me being pissed right now. (windows rolled down)

oh well at least it was fun

(yeah, i know... tires...)
Whoa at first I thought that was yellow paint from the street. Glad it's only mud

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #30275
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy23
Since my PCM got fixed, the ZJ has been running good, and mostly got me through the winter. Recently thought i ran into a no-crank condition at work. Starter has been tested and is strong, battery is also good. After failing to fix it myself, i had it towed to pep boys, where they claimed it was a bad ground connection to the starter. They added a new nut, charged me the $70 and i was on my way. Now, the Jeep is at my complex, and once again wont crank. Any advice on cleaning the terminals? I have the starter in my apartment and am cleaning the ***** out of it, ill do the same with the wire that leads to the starter. Is there any cleaning method/solution recommended? Would some kind of contact grease help guarantee a connection?
They ripped you off there buddy.
Starter could still be bad. You can try starting th jeep in neutral to make sure it's not the NSS. Make sure the battery voltage is good as well.
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #30276
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Got a car wash only to find out it's going to crap snow and rain on us again tonight.
screen-shot-2014-02-17-1.35.58-pm.jpg

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #30277
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm going to guess by the position of your driver seat, you're short like me.

5'4" yo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
wow those are some small old looking tires !
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBiscardi View Post
That's what I was thinking hell I've got a limited clearing 31s with no lift components
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
lools like a lowrider

i had mine on small tires for few weeks and it was quick as hell with simulated 4.10 gears but ...
They're the factory size. 225/70/16. That's like 29.4". I'm probably going up to 225/75/16, I think that'll about fit in the tire cover. Mainly, they look small because they're bald and sitting underneath an UpCountry Jeep. If they had tread, and that tread were aggressive, it'd look better. It doesn't help that it has running boards, which make it look lower than it is.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #30278
NissanGuy23
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcarpenter View Post
They ripped you off there buddy.
Starter could still be bad. You can try starting th jeep in neutral to make sure it's not the NSS. Make sure the battery voltage is good as well.

Wont crank or do anything in N, and battery is good, wouldn't crank even with a jump. I dont know who to send it to, jeep dealer? There is only so much i can do, its 20 deg outside and i get home from work and its dark. May be forces to send it back to pepfags or to a stealership.
NissanGuy23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #30279
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Ordered some go-fast stuff...

Extreme Flow 14" Air Cleaner Lid

2" Extreme flow air filter

Accell Heavy Duty cap

Catch can

Drop base #1

Offset drop base #2 (gonna see which one is easier to work with)

Felpro intake manifold gasket set:

Set of eight copper core champions:

Summit Racing 8mm wires

Accell heavy duty stainless rotor

Set of four 5 1/8" air hat gaskets

Felpro valve cover gaskets

And two blank keys for a Dodge Viper

As soon as I have a whole weekend to myself, all this stuff, an M1, Mopar Performance VCs, an AC delete bracket (that I'm making myself from a JY unit), a new thermostat, the two a-pillar gauges and pod, and the custom VIC switchpanel/ ammeter are going in all at once.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #30280
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
5'4" yo

They're the factory size. 225/70/16. That's like 29.4". I'm probably going up to 225/75/16, I think that'll about fit in the tire cover. Mainly, they look small because they're bald and sitting underneath an UpCountry Jeep. If they had tread, and that tread were aggressive, it'd look better. It doesn't help that it has running boards, which make it look lower than it is.
5'5.5" here. Got ya beat... barely. Also, a 225/70/16 works out to 28.4" diameter, mathematically. The actual size will vary slightly by age and manufacturer.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #30281
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy23
Wont crank or do anything in N, and battery is good, wouldn't crank even with a jump. I dont know who to send it to, jeep dealer? There is only so much i can do, its 20 deg outside and i get home from work and its dark. May be forces to send it back to pepfags or to a stealership.
If you own a long screw driver you can jump the starter by connecting both big nuts with a long screw driver.. If that doesn't turn the starter than you may want to purchase a new one
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #30282
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Yeah, the stock 225/70R16s look short. My snows are 235/70R16s, which fit nicely. 225/75 or 245/70 works too.

As far as height, I'm 5'9" and have the seat almost as far forward as Schizophrenic. Then again, I have short legs and also position myself based on arm reach, as long as it's not bothering my legs. A female friend of mine who's 5'4" (and not particularly long-legged) had to move my seat back to drive my ZJ...
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #30283
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
Yeah, the stock 225/70R16s look short. My snows are 235/70R16s, which fit nicely. 225/75 or 245/70 works too. As far as height, I'm 5'9" and have the seat almost as far forward as Schizophrenic. Then again, I have short legs and also position myself based on arm reach, as long as it's not bothering my legs. A female friend of mine who's 5'4" (and not particularly long-legged) had to move my seat back to drive my ZJ...
6'1" and I need it back 3/4 of the way and tilted back. Supports my legs better on long trips
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #30284
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
225/75 will fit fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
5'5.5" here. Got ya beat... barely. Also, a 225/70/16 works out to 28.4" diameter, mathematically. The actual size will vary slightly by age and manufacturer.

mine are 29.3'' and i also have u.c. suspension but nowhere near that gap

those look to me like 215/60/16's
Unread 02-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #30285
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Pulled it into the garage to thaw out in preparation of the short arm install.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.