What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #30181
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

To stay on topic, somewhat... I'm really debating on getting some 3/4" spacers for the rear only on my ZJ. I've got them on the front along with my 3.5" IRO coils. I used to have the IRO rear coils but swapped them out for standard front V8 coils. They were low mileage coils (about 80k on them). Do you think it needs to be lifted in the rear? This is how it sits without a load in it. I don't see a performance gain/loss by adding them. My shocks should more than suffice for the slight difference. I'll probably have to adjust my trackbar about a turn to keep my axle centered. I'd also reset the preload on the control arm bushings. Is all the work really even worth it?

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #30182
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

And then the heater motor quit
image-1487020400.jpg

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #30183
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

To stay on topic, somewhat... I'm really debating on getting some 3/4" spacers for the rear only on my ZJ. I've got them on the front along with my 3.5" IRO coils. I used to have the IRO rear coils but swapped them out for standard front V8 coils. They were low mileage coils (about 80k on them). Do you think it needs to be lifted in the rear? This is how it sits without a load in it. I don't see a performance gain/loss by adding them. My shocks should more than suffice for the slight difference. I'll probably have to adjust my trackbar about a turn to keep my axle centered. I'd also reset the preload on the control arm bushings. Is all the work really even worth it?
I think it looks pretty good to me the way it sits now. It is quite a bit of work and wouldnt really give you anything more than probably 1/2 inch max aftrr everything is said and done.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #30184
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
I think it looks pretty good to me the way it sits now. It is quite a bit of work and wouldnt really give you anything more than probably 1/2 inch max aftrr everything is said and done.

What I'm really afraid of is throwing a 3/4" spacer on there and having a rake stance then taking it all back off and resetting everything again... I'm thinking against it but just want your guys opinions. I got a decent offer on a set of spacers. I've got to run it past my wife first anyhow to make sure it's not going to interfere with any of the money I'm planning on dumping into my car coming up here though. I gotta show it some love since it's been sitting in my garage unchanged for a year now.
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #30185
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

If your wife is anything like mine then unlessbit has to be done then you can forget about it. My kids come first then wife then my zj then me if theres anything left over. Thats why its taking me so long to get my 4wd fixed and new radiator and heater core put in

Unread 02-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #30186
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Well, my plans for doing some upgrading took a dump. Instead of getting anything back on taxes, I get to pay some :/
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #30187
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
If your wife is anything like mine then unlessbit has to be done then you can forget about it. My kids come first then wife then my zj then me if theres anything left over. Thats why its taking me so long to get my 4wd fixed and new radiator and heater core put in

My daughter always comes first but she's so spoiled I don't know what else we can get her...lol. My wife and I have a pretty good balance of treating each other equally after that. That's where the problem lies though. If she doesn't get something really nice after I get something, I feel like it's not fair. Vice versa as well. I've got some cash saved up and and she just bought herself a nice Coach purse and matching wallet. The cash I have saved plus the amount she just spent covers what I want for my car and we're even, if that makes sense. It's actually pretty rare at this point for either of us to go out and buy something but we got a pretty decent tax return this year and after doing the home upgrades we wanted to do and putting some in the bank, we had a little left over.
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #30188
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Im getting some back this year only because of the kids but im paying off bills gotta pay off the wifes car so i can sell it and get her something bigger than a beetle. Its hard to fit a 1 year old a 6 yr old and 9 yr old plus me and her in a little beetle or my zj and when the kids want a friend to stay the night its even harder.

Unread 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #30189
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

My daughter always comes first but she's so spoiled I don't know what else we can get her...lol. My wife and I have a pretty good balance of treating each other equally after that. That's where the problem lies though. If she doesn't get something really nice after I get something, I feel like it's not fair. Vice versa as well. I've got some cash saved up and and she just bought herself a nice Coach purse and matching wallet. The cash I have saved plus the amount she just spent covers what I want for my car and we're even, if that makes sense. It's actually pretty rare at this point for either of us to go out and buy something but we got a pretty decent tax return this year and after doing the home upgrades we wanted to do and putting some in the bank, we had a little left over.
I very rarely get something for myself. If it wasnt for getting anything back for taxes i wouldnt be getting my new track bar for the front. I would be lucky to get my heater core that i need.

Unread 02-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #30190
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Installed my new stereo

So much better than FM. And the LED display is shockingly close to the instrument cluster color, so that's an added bonus. Steering controls work and everything. Took like all day to do it, they better.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 04:12 AM   #30191
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Remind me in a month to get a pic of my Alpine at night. The 4 buttons on mine are completely customizable and the others have the option of red or amber. With my buttons a certain shade of green and the other buttons amber, it matches perfectly.
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #30192
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Hf 100w lights installed. Threw in some 100w yellow h3 bulbs in the center, white on the outer. Shetty cell pic, but not bad for the $23 I spent on each pair ha

img_20140212449.jpg

img_2014021255990.jpg
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #30193
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just filled up after Safe-Way points. Virginia was cheaper than this with no discount.
screen-shot-2014-02-12-1.30.42-pm.jpg

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #30194
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Just filled up after Safe-Way points. Virginia was cheaper than this with no discount.
That's still cheaper than our 87 here...

OT: IRO arms have finally been delivered. TOTAL BEEF! Now to find time to get them in.
Unread 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #30195
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
That's still cheaper than our 87 here...

OT: IRO arms have finally been delivered. TOTAL BEEF! Now to find time to get them in.
I forgot to add. I think it was 3.68 before perks. It was up to 4.11 a few months ago. That sucked. IRO makes good stuff!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.