What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2013 - JeepForum.com

 143Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #30181 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,484


To stay on topic, somewhat... I'm really debating on getting some 3/4" spacers for the rear only on my ZJ. I've got them on the front along with my 3.5" IRO coils. I used to have the IRO rear coils but swapped them out for standard front V8 coils. They were low mileage coils (about 80k on them). Do you think it needs to be lifted in the rear? This is how it sits without a load in it. I don't see a performance gain/loss by adding them. My shocks should more than suffice for the slight difference. I'll probably have to adjust my trackbar about a turn to keep my axle centered. I'd also reset the preload on the control arm bushings. Is all the work really even worth it?


01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30182 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Glued2aPost
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 379
And then the heater motor quit
Attached Images
 

My ZJ has never been stuck, it was just taking a break from being so awesome!
Glued2aPost is offline  
post #30183 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 PM
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

To stay on topic, somewhat... I'm really debating on getting some 3/4" spacers for the rear only on my ZJ. I've got them on the front along with my 3.5" IRO coils. I used to have the IRO rear coils but swapped them out for standard front V8 coils. They were low mileage coils (about 80k on them). Do you think it needs to be lifted in the rear? This is how it sits without a load in it. I don't see a performance gain/loss by adding them. My shocks should more than suffice for the slight difference. I'll probably have to adjust my trackbar about a turn to keep my axle centered. I'd also reset the preload on the control arm bushings. Is all the work really even worth it?
I think it looks pretty good to me the way it sits now. It is quite a bit of work and wouldnt really give you anything more than probably 1/2 inch max aftrr everything is said and done.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline  
post #30184 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
I think it looks pretty good to me the way it sits now. It is quite a bit of work and wouldnt really give you anything more than probably 1/2 inch max aftrr everything is said and done.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
What I'm really afraid of is throwing a 3/4" spacer on there and having a rake stance then taking it all back off and resetting everything again... I'm thinking against it but just want your guys opinions. I got a decent offer on a set of spacers. I've got to run it past my wife first anyhow to make sure it's not going to interfere with any of the money I'm planning on dumping into my car coming up here though. I gotta show it some love since it's been sitting in my garage unchanged for a year now.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #30185 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 08:44 PM
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton
Posts: 1,338
If your wife is anything like mine then unlessbit has to be done then you can forget about it. My kids come first then wife then my zj then me if theres anything left over. Thats why its taking me so long to get my 4wd fixed and new radiator and heater core put in

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline  
post #30186 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
EndIsNear
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 788
Well, my plans for doing some upgrading took a dump. Instead of getting anything back on taxes, I get to pay some :/
EndIsNear is offline  
post #30187 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
If your wife is anything like mine then unlessbit has to be done then you can forget about it. My kids come first then wife then my zj then me if theres anything left over. Thats why its taking me so long to get my 4wd fixed and new radiator and heater core put in

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
My daughter always comes first but she's so spoiled I don't know what else we can get her...lol. My wife and I have a pretty good balance of treating each other equally after that. That's where the problem lies though. If she doesn't get something really nice after I get something, I feel like it's not fair. Vice versa as well. I've got some cash saved up and and she just bought herself a nice Coach purse and matching wallet. The cash I have saved plus the amount she just spent covers what I want for my car and we're even, if that makes sense. It's actually pretty rare at this point for either of us to go out and buy something but we got a pretty decent tax return this year and after doing the home upgrades we wanted to do and putting some in the bank, we had a little left over.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #30188 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton
Posts: 1,338
Im getting some back this year only because of the kids but im paying off bills gotta pay off the wifes car so i can sell it and get her something bigger than a beetle. Its hard to fit a 1 year old a 6 yr old and 9 yr old plus me and her in a little beetle or my zj and when the kids want a friend to stay the night its even harder.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline  
post #30189 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

My daughter always comes first but she's so spoiled I don't know what else we can get her...lol. My wife and I have a pretty good balance of treating each other equally after that. That's where the problem lies though. If she doesn't get something really nice after I get something, I feel like it's not fair. Vice versa as well. I've got some cash saved up and and she just bought herself a nice Coach purse and matching wallet. The cash I have saved plus the amount she just spent covers what I want for my car and we're even, if that makes sense. It's actually pretty rare at this point for either of us to go out and buy something but we got a pretty decent tax return this year and after doing the home upgrades we wanted to do and putting some in the bank, we had a little left over.
I very rarely get something for myself. If it wasnt for getting anything back for taxes i wouldnt be getting my new track bar for the front. I would be lucky to get my heater core that i need.

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline  
post #30190 of 46072 Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Installed my new stereo







So much better than FM. And the LED display is shockingly close to the instrument cluster color, so that's an added bonus. Steering controls work and everything. Took like all day to do it, they better.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #30191 of 46072 Old 02-12-2014, 05:12 AM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,484
Remind me in a month to get a pic of my Alpine at night. The 4 buttons on mine are completely customizable and the others have the option of red or amber. With my buttons a certain shade of green and the other buttons amber, it matches perfectly.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #30192 of 46072 Old 02-12-2014, 06:56 AM
OldManTan
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TWIN PEAKS
Posts: 362
Hf 100w lights installed. Threw in some 100w yellow h3 bulbs in the center, white on the outer. Shetty cell pic, but not bad for the $23 I spent on each pair ha

Name:  IMG_20140212449.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  36.1 KB



Name:  IMG_2014021255990.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  10.1 KB

6.5" Long arm'd front & rear. 35's. 4.56's. detroit up front lsd rear. ready to go
OldManTan is offline  
post #30193 of 46072 Old 02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,786
Just filled up after Safe-Way points. Virginia was cheaper than this with no discount.
Attached Images
 
PolkaPower is offline  
post #30194 of 46072 Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Just filled up after Safe-Way points. Virginia was cheaper than this with no discount.
That's still cheaper than our 87 here...

OT: IRO arms have finally been delivered. TOTAL BEEF! Now to find time to get them in.

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #30195 of 46072 Old 02-12-2014, 02:29 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
That's still cheaper than our 87 here...

OT: IRO arms have finally been delivered. TOTAL BEEF! Now to find time to get them in.
I forgot to add. I think it was 3.68 before perks. It was up to 4.11 a few months ago. That sucked. IRO makes good stuff!
PolkaPower is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 44 10-28-2016 08:24 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 02:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 01:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 10:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 02:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome