What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2004 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #30046
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

You're in the wrong forum. I suggest the WK forum.

As for the water thing, you totally broke something.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #30047
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGHNECK5456 View Post
I have a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi auto, I sat in some deep muddy water that came up bout to the grill and front fenders, road was flooded and had to wait on a car behind me to turn around, prob sat ther maybe a full 2 mins. my jeep ran fine till I turned on my road smoke started coming from under hood and out the exhaust, kinda sputter little before I parked it. figured itd been because it was wet, but now its making a screeching sound when I crank it and oil all over the passenger side of motor.... don't make since any advice???
stop drop roll ?
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #30048
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Gonna get around to replacing my cracked exhuast manifold when the tax refund shows up. I'm trying to decide between a standard manifold with flex joints which should last a while, or the banks header clone from ebay which I know nothing about. Anyone know how long they last? I'd like the slight performance boost from the headers. Since I'm also putting in a WJ intake manifold, but it probably won't be worth it if it cracks in a year.
Unread 02-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #30049
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker View Post
Gonna get around to replacing my cracked exhuast manifold when the tax refund shows up. I'm trying to decide between a standard manifold with flex joints which should last a while, or the banks header clone from ebay which I know nothing about. Anyone know how long they last? I'd like the slight performance boost from the headers. Since I'm also putting in a WJ intake manifold, but it probably won't be worth it if it cracks in a year.
wrap it with a heat wrap and get a flex joint from ******* parts store
Unread 02-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #30050
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

stop drop roll ?
He should have bought a niner not that fake hemi
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #30051
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fitted a new steering damper and adjusted the tie rod a bit. Seems to solve my DW for now, which I'm good with.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #30052
noluck727

Bought 20$ foglights from wall mart took two days tryed to hook them up and nothing turned out both lights were defective inside bulb worked when i took it completely out of the housing but put it back in the housing and nothing so im guessing the ground is bad on the actual housing connecting to the bulb..... yay!!!!!!
noluck727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:37 AM   #30053
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
He should have bought a niner not that fake hemi
I'm temporarily driving an 08 Ram with a Hemi in it while I'm waiting on my Silverado. I'd imagine a WK with one is pretty quick. The Ram definitely has some balls
ejschultz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #30054
95z

I haven't done anything in weeks. Been too sick. I still haven't sent the $10 to the guy that got me my rear dome lamp switch. Sucks. The h1n1 is strong this season even with the flu shot. Poor little zj is bored!
95z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #30055
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm temporarily driving an 08 Ram with a Hemi in it while I'm waiting on my Silverado. I'd imagine a WK with one is pretty quick. The Ram definitely has some balls
The new Hemi is definitely more powerful than the Magnum 5.9. However, it's not an engine I'd like to own. They eat water pumps, have 16 spark plugs, and take up a ton of space for an OHV engine.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #30056
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
The new Hemi is definitely more powerful than the Magnum 5.9. However, it's not an engine I'd like to own. They eat water pumps, have 16 spark plugs, and take up a ton of space for an OHV engine.
And despite the extra power and better gearing, with the extra weight of a WK, a 5.7 WK isn't really any faster than a niner (they're about even in a 1/4 mile).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #30057
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noluck727 View Post
Bought 20$ foglights from wall mart took two days tryed to hook them up and nothing turned out both lights were defective inside bulb worked when i took it completely out of the housing but put it back in the housing and nothing so im guessing the ground is bad on the actual housing connecting to the bulb..... yay!!!!!!
harbor freight lights do that too have fun
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #30058
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

So I had an interesting problem yesterday as I was doing checking the fluids in my jeep. I first checked the oil, coolant, transmissiom fluid and everything checked out. So I crawl under my jeep to check the tcase and differentials. When I got to the front diff I tool off the filler plug, and to my surprise fluid started to pour out! Now this threw me off as I know I couldn't have added that much fluid into my diff. So I looked at the fluid and it appeared rather milky and odd. So I pulled the cover off and this is what I found

So I'm guessing that somehow water got in the diff, possibly from the snow last week. So yeah thats what I did to my zj haha

sent from, uh

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #30059
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
So I had an interesting problem yesterday as I was doing checking the fluids in my jeep. I first checked the oil, coolant, transmissiom fluid and everything checked out. So I crawl under my jeep to check the tcase and differentials. When I got to the front diff I tool off the filler plug, and to my surprise fluid started to pour out! Noe this threw me off as I know I couldn't have added that much fluid into my diff. So I looked at the fluid and it appeared rather milky and odd. So I pulled the cover off and this is what I found

Do I'm guessing that somehoe water got in the diff, possibly from the snow last week. So yeah thats what I did to my zj haha

sent from, uh
Breather isn't attached and you spent some time in the water. Brake clean the crap out of it and change the fluid in another couple hundred miles
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #30060
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post

Breather isn't attached and you spent some time in the water. Brake clean the crap out of it and change the fluid in another couple hundred miles
Hopefully you didnt drive it a lot with the water in there otherwise you probably fried your locker too

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.