What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2004 - JeepForum.com

 107Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #30046 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
You're in the wrong forum. I suggest the WK forum.

As for the water thing, you totally broke something.


1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30047 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,719
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGHNECK5456 View Post
I have a 2005 jeep grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi auto, I sat in some deep muddy water that came up bout to the grill and front fenders, road was flooded and had to wait on a car behind me to turn around, prob sat ther maybe a full 2 mins. my jeep ran fine till I turned on my road smoke started coming from under hood and out the exhaust, kinda sputter little before I parked it. figured itd been because it was wet, but now its making a screeching sound when I crank it and oil all over the passenger side of motor.... don't make since any advice???
stop drop roll ?

97 zj orvis/04 wj ltd
970001zj is offline  
post #30048 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Darkrocker
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vassalboro
Posts: 354
Gonna get around to replacing my cracked exhuast manifold when the tax refund shows up. I'm trying to decide between a standard manifold with flex joints which should last a while, or the banks header clone from ebay which I know nothing about. Anyone know how long they last? I'd like the slight performance boost from the headers. Since I'm also putting in a WJ intake manifold, but it probably won't be worth it if it cracks in a year.

1994 ZJ Laredo, Jenny: 4.0l - NP231 - 9/2012 to 12/2013 - 183k to 203k miles R.I.P.
1998 ZJ Laredo, Judy: 4.0l - NP242 - 1/2014 to present - My Daily
Darkrocker is offline  
post #30049 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 05:44 PM
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,719
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker View Post
Gonna get around to replacing my cracked exhuast manifold when the tax refund shows up. I'm trying to decide between a standard manifold with flex joints which should last a while, or the banks header clone from ebay which I know nothing about. Anyone know how long they last? I'd like the slight performance boost from the headers. Since I'm also putting in a WJ intake manifold, but it probably won't be worth it if it cracks in a year.
wrap it with a heat wrap and get a flex joint from ******* parts store

97 zj orvis/04 wj ltd
970001zj is offline  
post #30050 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 07:52 PM
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville
Posts: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

stop drop roll ?
He should have bought a niner not that fake hemi
xrunndonex is offline  
post #30051 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box
Posts: 5,927
Garage
Fitted a new steering damper and adjusted the tie rod a bit. Seems to solve my DW for now, which I'm good with.

All about that unibody life.
Xpress is offline  
post #30052 of 44932 Old 02-03-2014, 11:49 PM
noluck727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 38
Bought 20$ foglights from wall mart took two days tryed to hook them up and nothing turned out both lights were defective inside bulb worked when i took it completely out of the housing but put it back in the housing and nothing so im guessing the ground is bad on the actual housing connecting to the bulb..... yay!!!!!!
noluck727 is offline  
post #30053 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 02:37 AM
ejschultz
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
He should have bought a niner not that fake hemi
I'm temporarily driving an 08 Ram with a Hemi in it while I'm waiting on my Silverado. I'd imagine a WK with one is pretty quick. The Ram definitely has some balls

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #30054 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 09:37 AM
95z
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 134
I haven't done anything in weeks. Been too sick. I still haven't sent the $10 to the guy that got me my rear dome lamp switch. Sucks. The h1n1 is strong this season even with the flu shot. Poor little zj is bored!
95z is offline  
post #30055 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 10:29 AM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm temporarily driving an 08 Ram with a Hemi in it while I'm waiting on my Silverado. I'd imagine a WK with one is pretty quick. The Ram definitely has some balls
The new Hemi is definitely more powerful than the Magnum 5.9. However, it's not an engine I'd like to own. They eat water pumps, have 16 spark plugs, and take up a ton of space for an OHV engine.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #30056 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 10:35 AM
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
The new Hemi is definitely more powerful than the Magnum 5.9. However, it's not an engine I'd like to own. They eat water pumps, have 16 spark plugs, and take up a ton of space for an OHV engine.
And despite the extra power and better gearing, with the extra weight of a WK, a 5.7 WK isn't really any faster than a niner (they're about even in a 1/4 mile).
comptiger5000 is offline  
post #30057 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 AM
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,719
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by noluck727 View Post
Bought 20$ foglights from wall mart took two days tryed to hook them up and nothing turned out both lights were defective inside bulb worked when i took it completely out of the housing but put it back in the housing and nothing so im guessing the ground is bad on the actual housing connecting to the bulb..... yay!!!!!!
harbor freight lights do that too have fun

97 zj orvis/04 wj ltd
970001zj is offline  
post #30058 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Myusername1674
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 2,310
So I had an interesting problem yesterday as I was doing checking the fluids in my jeep. I first checked the oil, coolant, transmissiom fluid and everything checked out. So I crawl under my jeep to check the tcase and differentials. When I got to the front diff I tool off the filler plug, and to my surprise fluid started to pour out! Now this threw me off as I know I couldn't have added that much fluid into my diff. So I looked at the fluid and it appeared rather milky and odd. So I pulled the cover off and this is what I found



So I'm guessing that somehow water got in the diff, possibly from the snow last week. So yeah thats what I did to my zj haha

sent from, uh

95 FiveTwo ZJ, DD, Lifted, Locked on 35s, Build (in progress)

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline  
post #30059 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 AM
speedbucket
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: chesapeake
Posts: 3,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
So I had an interesting problem yesterday as I was doing checking the fluids in my jeep. I first checked the oil, coolant, transmissiom fluid and everything checked out. So I crawl under my jeep to check the tcase and differentials. When I got to the front diff I tool off the filler plug, and to my surprise fluid started to pour out! Noe this threw me off as I know I couldn't have added that much fluid into my diff. So I looked at the fluid and it appeared rather milky and odd. So I pulled the cover off and this is what I found



Do I'm guessing that somehoe water got in the diff, possibly from the snow last week. So yeah thats what I did to my zj haha

sent from, uh
Breather isn't attached and you spent some time in the water. Brake clean the crap out of it and change the fluid in another couple hundred miles

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/speedbuckets-zj-build-1361322/
V8 zj at 6" . Double tri rear and true 3 link front. Stretched to 108"
speedbucket is offline  
post #30060 of 44932 Old 02-04-2014, 10:47 AM
big98tnzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elizabethton
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post

Breather isn't attached and you spent some time in the water. Brake clean the crap out of it and change the fluid in another couple hundred miles
Hopefully you didnt drive it a lot with the water in there otherwise you probably fried your locker too

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome