What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1967 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #29491
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Man all this talk about e-fans. The e-fan I'd put together had some nice chunks taken out by the water pump pulley on my 4.0. Ultimately, probably a good thing it drew more power than the alternator could generate; it probably would have gotten me into trouble had I kept it.

As far as the whole lug thing goes, I know about all that. I just estimate it's all still in good enough shape that as long as I don't beat on it, it should be fine. The plan for now is, once I get the new tires, have one of the local shops I work with break their tools getting the lug nuts off. And if they break studs, I'll let them pound new ones in. Come on, flat rate, do your worst.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:46 AM   #29492
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Installed my e-fan today, was a pita but I got it! Along with the thermostat. Would have done the water pump but ran out of sun light.
My silver on/off/on switch mounted. The e-fan was within an inch of the water pump, but it worked.
Mine is pretty close, but I still had enough room to squeeze a big M30 nut onto the water pump. I'd say it's about an inch away with the nut on there.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #29493
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06
Here ya go. Doesn't show the 2nd bolt but I'm sure you can figure that out lol. Had to pull the hood for that but I took some measurements for a mount for a hi-lift jack mount up there I had to trim a little of the wiper cowl to get them back far enough to clear the corner of the hood when it opens and grind down a piece on the fender to get them to lay flat. But the ridge wasn't there on my buddy's '95
Hope you don't mind I'm stealing this idea lol...I'll give you props wherever it's needed its deff I good simple way to do pillar lights
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #29494
Purcell69
1993 ZJ 

I finally installed my new replacement headlights. The originals were 21 years old, and badly yellowed, even after cleaning and polishing them out once. I can't wait to drive it after dark now.

-Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #29495
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

So I finally got around to start fabbing my front shocks in now that deer season is over. I did finish the season strong

the 14" bilsteins wont fit in the stock orientation by any way shape or form, So for the top I used a hole saw to drill out for the shock eye to pass into the engine bay then repurposed my old rear sway bar bushing saddles for the upper mount

Then I cut out the factory axle side mount, trimmed a plate to match the side of the control arm tab, and welded a shock tab to that.

how it mounts...

Then I got the shock mounted in and played a little bit. This thing is gonna be fun!! shouldn't have to worry much about lifting a tire! I started on the drivers side because it was the hardest as far as clearances go (brake master cylinder right above) and I hope to get the passenger side done this week.

Unread 01-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #29496
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

That is a lot of tasty venison. I can't say that I'm not jealous. The ZJ is nice too.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #29497
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket
So I finally got around to start fabbing my front shocks in now that deer season is over. I did finish the season strong the 14" bilsteins wont fit in the stock orientation by any way shape or form, So for the top I used a hole saw to drill out for the shock eye to pass into the engine bay then repurposed my old rear sway bar bushing saddles for the upper mount Then I cut out the factory axle side mount, trimmed a plate to match the side of the control arm tab, and welded a shock tab to that. how it mounts... Then I got the shock mounted in and played a little bit. This thing is gonna be fun!! shouldn't have to worry much about lifting a tire! I started on the drivers side because it was the hardest as far as clearances go (brake master cylinder right above) and I hope to get the passenger side done this week.
Can I come over for dinner? Lol...that bumper is wild btw
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #29498
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
That is a lot of tasty venison. I can't say that I'm not jealous. The ZJ is nice too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post
Can I come over for dinner? Lol...that bumper is wild btw
sure!, its a bit of a ride though! I had a decent year, 8 nanny does and only 1 buck, should be enough meat to get me through the spring. I am pretty proficient at filling the freezer
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #29499
93ZJDave
1993 ZJ 

Saved another one today with open heart surgery and a nice remanded jasper engine the pics kinda suck Cuz its on my cell phone and I'm still at work putting this new motor in lol I love my job.

93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #29500
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
sure!, its a bit of a ride though! I had a decent year, 8 nanny does and only 1 buck, should be enough meat to get me through the spring. I am pretty proficient at filling the freezer
I would buy some jerky off of you
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #29501
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post

Hope you don't mind I'm stealing this idea lol...I'll give you props wherever it's needed its deff I good simple way to do pillar lights
Patent pending.

Jk man. Go for it lol. Aside from the minor trimming to the wiper cowl, it's pretty straight forward. If you need any measurements just let me know and I'll do what I can
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #29502
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

fixed my check engine light, now I have a spare bulb
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #29503
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I would buy some jerky off of you
Ever eaten the venison hot sticks?

PS. wish I could weld like that speedbucket, nice!

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #29504
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Had a guy stop me on the way home today and ask me if my ZJ was for sale. Told him for the right price everything is. He has my phone number now. To be continued...
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #29505
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Uni I looked at those welds and was scrolling down the page to reply with a like comment and you beat me to it. Those welds look like they were poured on.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.