What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1951 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 01-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #29251
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMC View Post

got any more pics on how you mounted them? I really want to make some for mine.
I'll take a few in the am. I used the rear most fender bolt and drilled another hole right around the middle of the hood latch

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #29252
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

Careful out there. I already posted my story of what happened to us at Cliffs on Wednesday. I got like 2 pics because I kept falling every time I got out of my ZJ. I eventually said f it and stayed inside my Jeep. It drove on the ice way better than any of us could walk on it.
I did the same thing after I busted my knee open. Whole lot of carnage happened today lol.
Unread 01-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #29253
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Cleaned out the Garage so ZJ could sleep inside out of this cold blast n snow coming this way... also cause I'm Moving gonna miss this 23x25 weather covering....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1388887833801.jpg  
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #29254
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Swore at it trying to find the parasitic drain thats been killing my battery. Something is drawing 700mA when the jeep is off!

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #29255
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Swore at it trying to find the parasitic drain thats been killing my battery. Something is drawing 700mA when the jeep is off!
Bad ALT?? I've had that before on Pontiac..
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #29256
Rikoshay
1998 ZJ 

Removed throttle body on my 98 4.0L ZJ to clean it.

Completely dissembled the TB and ran it thru the ultrasonic cleaner. Once clean I figured I might as well port it out. Out to the garage and chucked it up in the lathe and cleaned up the lower portion. Didn't realize there would be porosity in the TB casting. Ended up with a large hole down by the vacuum port for the MAP sensor and several smaller pits. Filled in the voids with JBWeld.
Rikoshay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #29257
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
I did the same thing after I busted my knee open. Whole lot of carnage happened today lol.
I didn't bust anything open. I was just sore for a couple days. Today is actually the first day I'm not hurting from falling. What kind of carnage did you guys encounter?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #29258
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker View Post
The fender flares on your rig look good, can't tell it was chopped at all. I'm sure you had to trim a bit off to fit 32's on a 3 inch lift. And speaking of which what does 3" BB consist of? I doubt you have a 3 inch spacer crammed in there. Looks like it was a good run. Still can't believe that YJ went topless I love having all the creature comforts in the ZJ while still being capable offroad.
Thanks on the flares! Good to hear!
Honestly, I'm torn on them.
I love the aggressive look they give to it.
But I feel like the extra overall width they provide visually detracts from the amount of height this rig has.
It sits(on 32s at street pressure) 5.75" higher at the rockers than it did at stock height with the 215/75R15s.
Even after I added 200+ lb with the steel for the winch mount, winch, and cable.

I trimmed them as per the Bushwacker instructions.
Only about 1.25" at the bottoms and only about 0.5" cut at 10" up the wheel openings.
I may roll the horizontal lip on the top of the front wheel arches to eliminate the slight rub I occasionally get with a fully stuffed & fully turned wheel.

Yep, 3" spacers and Upcountry springs with adjustable control arms(Teraflex and unknown brand with Johnny Joints)all around.

It was an AWESOME ride even with the busted u-joint & my bent DS!
James had on 5 layers under his jumpsuit so only his hands got chilly.
His butt, however, was really cold.....
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #29259
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Bad ALT?? I've had that before on Pontiac..
Nope, that was my first guess, but I swapped alts between jeeps and nothing changed.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #29260
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Lifted the rear end, still need to re-center the axle. I really want my front springs to come in so I can do the front too!

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #29261
WJ4x4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post

Nope, that was my first guess, but I swapped alts between jeeps and nothing changed.
Any accessories that you can tell?
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #29262
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

I didn't bust anything open. I was just sore for a couple days. Today is actually the first day I'm not hurting from falling. What kind of carnage did you guys encounter?
I got the worse of it unfortunately. I was sitting on a hill in drive with my foot standing on the brake and the weight of the ZJ pushed us down the ice and I had no control. Slid into a deep rut and kept going like a slot car until I hit snowpack. My front bumper broke in 2 and the styrofoam inside exploded when I nailed the rut. Our dog ended up in my lap from the impact. A guy in our club got video and I'm waiting for the link. My buddy cracked open his rear drivers side fender plate and top of his hard top on his TJ in the same area I wiped out in. Couple other guys got tree rash and dings. On the orange trail after all the rocks in that really narrow section there's a steep hill to go up and get out, well that was ice and only 2 of the 8 of us made it up. Those were the guys with lockers and winches. Once they got up they pulled the rest of us out. We didn't get much wheelin in, more like a recovery mission. Finally left shortly after 5 and it was snowing like crazy.
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #29263
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

New winch and almost through with my winch box.
image.jpg  
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 01:49 AM   #29264
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Finished tearing down the electrical. The 700mA draw is from the blower motor fuse. So something in the ATC blower motor controller is shot.

I just replaced that a few months ago too. As much as the ATC is a nice feature, it's given me nothing but crap since I got the thing. Never had a problem with the manual controls in the green one.

So I pulled the fuse and left it one the bench. Seat warmers will have to be good enough for heat until I can trace it further.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #29265
95z

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

I don't know any man that would want that
If you had a teeny weeny you'd want to over compensate too!!!
95z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.