What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1929 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #28921
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Today, I'm not touching the ZJ. I've had far too much to drink to do that.

I'm watching Elysium but I'm like an hour in and hae no idea what it's about.

Unread 12-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #28922
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

As far as the steering column goes, txbass06, most Chrysler products only lock with the steering wheel upside down, ZJs included.
Thanks? But I didn't ask about that lol
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #28923
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
Today, I'm not touching the ZJ. I've had far too much to drink to do that.

I'm watching Elysium but I'm like an hour in and hae no idea what it's about.
It's about Matt Damon preaching about social and economic inequality and in the end he hands out welfare to everyone.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #28924
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I let my ZJ sit outside and watched last night's dusting of snow melt off it. Tomorrow I get to see if the driver's side front carpet finished drying out and put it back together, then drive the ZJ to a doctor's appointment. And at some point, I'll have to test to see if I can figure out how that carpet got wet in the first place.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #28925
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
Thanks? But I didn't ask about that lol
Nope... No you didn't. I wanted to throw a name in there so checked who recently commented in the thread and saw you. That was actually meant for coralman. I'd say your axle issue could possibly be fixed by replacing those parts, assuming you don't have any bent mounts, axle or body side.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #28926
BackRoadSeeker
1997 ZJ 

Finished the Kolak ignition install, red leads look nice. Also cleaned the ICV and introduced a new idle issue....might end up replacing that too.
BackRoadSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #28927
davigzj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post

It's about Matt Damon preaching about social and economic inequality and in the end he hands out welfare to everyone.
Haha that's what I thought I just watched it last night and again today it just ended..but before that I walked passed my ZJ for tools to fix a blown oil line on the ZR5 pita. ZJ in garage zr5 in drvway frozen my Nubians off.. pita...now off to Christmas Dinner at in laws mmm
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #28928
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

ej, i swear the thing locked when I removed the keys,
Unread 12-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #28929
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

Nope... No you didn't. I wanted to throw a name in there so checked who recently commented in the thread and saw you.
Just giving you a hard time. Wasn't trying to be a jerk about anything. Haven't been through anything recently where I'd bend any mounts but I'll check here in a few when it gets moved into the driveway
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #28930
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Lol, I don't remember the end... now I'm dealing with my hangover...
Unread 12-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #28931
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post

I do realize that, neither is a beast. Yes the new WK is far more capable than the new Cherokee however neither can stand up next to a ZJ XJ TJ Im not saying that because i think both are ugly as hell and dont deserve the Jeep name, im saying that because its true. Soon enough both will be on the trails with us, the proof will be in the videos of us pulling them out of everything. They just arent built like the Jeeps of yesterday. While some things are better like the interior and the electronic toys they come with, the suspension and off road capability suffers.
Are you positive? Have you drove all them stock on the same trail same lines?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #28932
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

As a matter of fact, yes i have. I have owned ZJs, XJs, and TJs, and my father owns a WK. We also have 60 acres of natural property that we hunt and wheel on. Have i driven the new cherokee? No i have not. I have no desire to either. May as well jump in a compass and wheel that. WTF was Jeep thinking when they put that POS on the road? Must have been the same people who designed the Patriot and the new Cherokee and Grand. Like i said before we can go back and forth literally forever. I cant be bothered. These Jeeps will probably join us on the trails in no time at all. We'll sit back and see how they do.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #28933
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
As a matter of fact, yes i have. I have owned ZJs, XJs, and TJs, and my father owns a WK. We also have 60 acres of natural property that we hunt and wheel on. Have i driven the new cherokee? No i have not. I have no desire to either. May as well jump in a compass and wheel that. WTF was Jeep thinking when they put that POS on the road? Must have been the same people who designed the Patriot and the new Cherokee and Grand. Like i said before we can go back and forth literally forever. I cant be bothered. These Jeeps will probably join us on the trails in no time at all. We'll sit back and see how they do.
All Hail The Mighty Idiot! Let his idiotic words darken our forum! Here I fixed that for you.

"As a matter of fact, yes i have. I have owned ZJs, XJs, and TJs, and my father owns a WK. My dad has 60 acres of natural property that he lets me hunt and wheel on. Have i driven the new cherokee? No i have not and, I do not have any platform to stand on when talking about it because it's all just my uninformed spoiled bratty opinion. I have no desire to either. May as well jump in a compass and wheel that. WTF was Jeep thinking when they put that POS on the road? Must have been the same people who designed the Patriot and the new Cherokee and Grand. Like i said before we can go back and forth literally forever. I cant be bothered, and I feel like I am so important because my dad never spanked me. These Jeeps will probably join us on the trails in no time at all. We'll sit back and see how they do."
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #28934
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
All Hail The Mighty Idiot! Let his idiotic words darken our forum! Here I fixed that for you.

"As a matter of fact, yes i have. I have owned ZJs, XJs, and TJs, and my father owns a WK. My dad has 60 acres of natural property that he lets me hunt and wheel on. Have i driven the new cherokee? No i have not and, I do not have any platform to stand on when talking about it because it's all just my uninformed spoiled bratty opinion. I have no desire to either. May as well jump in a compass and wheel that. WTF was Jeep thinking when they put that POS on the road? Must have been the same people who designed the Patriot and the new Cherokee and Grand. Like i said before we can go back and forth literally forever. I cant be bothered and I feel like I am so important because my dad never spanked me. These Jeeps will probably join us on the trails in no time at all. We'll sit back and see how they do."
I guess that would be the same for me as I work for the family business and half of what I say is related to that. In fact my dad keeps begging me to take over but it's just not what I want for my life. But yes, I have a $1,000,000 + business for free if I want it.

I've had enough experience with indepandant suspension vehicles to know what they can and can't do. What they can't do is flex, not without the aid of electronically controlled air suspension. Problem with that is that air suspension has a very very high failure rate in my PERSONAL experience. After 5 years the air bags in the shocks get dry rot cracks and start to leak air. It's not long after when you have to spend $500+ per corner to replace them.

Modern SUV's band-aid poor suspension with electronic locking differentials.
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #28935
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

All i can do is laugh at Polka, internet loser who believes everything he reads. I can't take anything he has to say seriously or to heart. I quite honestly feel bad for him.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.