What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1920 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #28786
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj
They look good nice and bright. Thata about the way that my rack mounted lights look going down the road but my outside 2 are pointed out towards the side of the road and the 2 middle ones arw pointed straight ahead Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
Thanks and nice. I eventually want to get windshield mounted driving lights that will point to the outer edges of the road myself.

Unread 12-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #28787
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Found the rest of my exhaust leak, crack in the Y where the headers meet before the down pipe. Also found the cause of my weird high-beam issue. previous owner had cracked the housing/plug by forcing in a 9007 bulb. This was causing one side to always have a highbeam on and would alernate sides if you tried turning the highbeams off. Tried taking off my IAC but one of those damn torx screws is giving my problems. Might just pull the whole TB tomorrow and clean it good. On a positive note I got my single din nav/media player all set up without a problem.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #28788
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
nice , got it good and ready for when you ship it to me tomorrow

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #28789
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post

Thanks and nice. I eventually want to get windshield mounted driving lights that will point to the outer edges of the road myself.
Im working on some hood mounted lights myself and some more for the back of my rack. Ive already got 2 on the back of my rack pointed out for good back up lights

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #28790
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker
Found the rest of my exhaust leak, crack in the Y where the headers meet before the down pipe. Also found the cause of my weird high-beam issue. previous owner had cracked the housing/plug by forcing in a 9007 bulb. This was causing one side to always have a highbeam on and would alernate sides if you tried turning the highbeams off. Tried taking off my IAC but one of those damn torx screws is giving my problems. Might just pull the whole TB tomorrow and clean it good. On a positive note I got my single din nav/media player all set up without a problem.
What kind of single din nav did you get?
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #28791
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
What kind of single din nav did you get?
I've had it for about a year, this is the first time it's been in the 98. It's an Inteq PD-718NB, at least that sounds right. It does also need an add-on to use the nav, called a navibox-2.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik...pd_sim_sbs_e_1

I had to do a ton of research to find it and while this isn't a top tier unit it's the only in dash nav I could find that would fit in a ZJ. It has an "oversized" stationary screen that is basically the size of a double din unit. The bottom half of the screen hangs in front of the vents but t's sturdy and I haven't had an issue. I'll put a pic up tomorrow.
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #28792
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I'm gonna give the yellow top a try come tax time when it gets a winch and more lights
Xs power or kinetek ?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #28793
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Xs power or kinetek ?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...wer-cells.html

People love these in car audio builds that involve a ton of power and they have no complaints
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #28794
David97
1995 ZJ 

I think I need to adjust my t-case linkage. Getting some grinding sounds like it's not all the way into said selection.
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #28795
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...wer-cells.html

People love these in car audio builds that involve a ton of power and they have no complaints
I had an xs power D3100 they are definitely beasts. Sold it when I quit running so much power for my sub stage.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #28796
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

There are some really neat double-DIN Android-powered head units for pretty cheap from China these days, but I'm still not convinced, especially given the horribly low screen resolutions on most of them.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about the radio in the Orvis. It has the factory Infinity stereo right now, but a tape deck can't stream bluetooth from my phone. That said, it's difficult to retain the style of the OEM radio when the factory unit is a DIN-and-a-half from the late 90s. The stereo in the 240 looks pretty clean and with the display LEDs set to the right color, it matches up pretty well, but I can't get the same kind of effect in the Jeep so easily. Any ideas?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #28797
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

I really want to do an android carpenter build like the guy that did the triple threat we, that was a beautiful install.

http://www.mp3car.com/worklogs/15515...rokee-4x4.html

Sent from my iPad Nano using JeepForum

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #28798
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
I really want to do an android carpenter build like the guy that did the triple threat we, that was a beautiful install.

http://www.mp3car.com/worklogs/15515...rokee-4x4.html

Sent from my iPad Nano using JeepForum
I've been thinking about building a spot for a tab. I really would like to actually build it into the dash but there is no room.
Unread 12-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #28799
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov
I really want to do an android carpenter build like the guy that did the triple threat we, that was a beautiful install. http://www.mp3car.com/worklogs/15515...rokee-4x4.html Sent from my iPad Nano using JeepForum
That would be awesome, I like that idea, but I don't know how I feel about leaving a tablet in my vehicle in a Vegas summer, as I am an ironworker and can't really take it into an air conditioned office for the day, lol. I especially like the idea of having it hooked to the obd2 port.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #28800
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

We would have a whole world of great options if it was just 1/2 a din larger.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.