Well today I am posting pictures of what I have done to catch up "the new RED Jeep" since the February rearend encounter with the limestone Indiana cliffs that totalled "the White Jeep"(Up Country) ouch. Working weekends and a few hours after work weekdays so far I have:
1. Commemorated my stepson's USAF service. His wings will never fail now. 04/01/11
2. Changed out distributor cap/rotor, gapped plugs, set wires, cleaned and reset battery ground.
3. Replaced water pump (hired shop).
4. Washed and Turtle Waxed.
5. Greased front-end and installed front skid armor from totalled "white jeep" Up Country.
6. Yanked out Tape Cassette/fm Radio(made these in '97?), installed Up Country CD player/Pioneer speakers.
7. Velco secured AC power pack, aircraft Nav/Com radio attach point, & BooBoo Bear. Installed CD's in visors.
8. Attached Identifing markings to rear window.
9. Hammer straight and installed gas tank skid plate armor and new trailer hitch. (oh yeah, arms still hurt).
10. Pulled rear diff. cover and changed fluid to 80-140 for towing.
11. Attached Transfer Case skid plate armor from totalled Up Country. 06/23/11
.......to do B4 7/31/11 front diff. fluid change/oil change/trans.(TC)fluid change/new radiator/brake pads/trailer lights. Then we might be ready to for a drive to New Mexico!
Just mounted 5 32x11.5x15 BFG A/T on Baja-8 5x4.5, 3.75" Black Steel Rims. Roof rack currently in the mail, in two weeks im ordering a 4.5" rough country lift and .5 or 1" spacers and then im good to go, tomorrow im painting my bumpers and tail lights black.
(Totaled)-1998 ZJ: 3" Coil Spacers, Zone Shocks, Rustys Track Bar, 32x11.5 BFG A/T
(Current)-1998 ZJ: 3" Skyjacker SA Lift, 32x11.5 BFG A/T, Baja-8 ; 33x12.5x15 Interico Truxus M/T, Quick Discos
Wrenching on soon: Front + Rear Adj. Trac Bars, 2" Pucks, 35s.
Finally was able to take off my T-Case...Some weird bolts on that thing. I'm gonna make a build thread one of these days... Tomorrow the Auto transmission comes out . Then the officially start of the NV3500 Swap.
Have a squeak either from pulleys or belt. Belt looked fine, no cracks or wear. Changed the idler pulley and still squeaks, so going to change the oil pump pulley next.
If you seriously have a squeak on your 318, & it may or may not go away after warming, it might be your water pump. I just replaced my water pump because it starting "weeping" coolant every now & then. I had a squeak in my belt for a while & noticed the sound change lately, when the pump started "weeping". No noise at all from the belt area now after the pump replacement.
Originally Posted by hinningerc
oil pump pulley next.
Originally Posted by ZJOwner96
Didnt know these things had a pulley that ran the oil pump. Stop pulling peoples leg.