What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1901 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #28501
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

The VIC is gay. Take it out and put something useful in there like a trans temp gauge and some aux switches or a power steering temp gauge. Who the hell needs to be reminded to change their oil or inspect their vehicle regularly anyway?

PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #28502
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

For me, I like the VIC because it's really nifty. Sure it's basically useless, but it's an awesome nostalgic relic from the 90s.

As for me, I test drove and made a payment on the Orvis today. Good stuff.

Those tow hooks aren't there for me. They're there for the XJs.
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #28503
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
For me, I like the VIC because it's really nifty. Sure it's basically useless, but it's an awesome nostalgic relic from the 90s.

The Vic makes me feel like night rider lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #28504
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
The VIC is gay. Take it out and put something useful in there like a trans temp gauge and some aux switches or a power steering temp gauge. Who the hell needs to be reminded to change their oil or inspect their vehicle regularly anyway?
I like my VIC. The low washer fluid warning and the oil change reminders are a nice convenience.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #28505
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:

Out of curiosity, how is it nostalgic for you? You were 4 when they stopped making ZJs. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to know if your memory is really that good. I can remember bits, "clips" or "excerpts" if you will, back to when I was 2, like my brother being born or going out and about with my grandmother who passed when I was almost 3 (these may actually date back to when I was younger than 2 as she suffered pretty badly in her last year), but the memories are few and far between. I remember getting locked into the back seat of my mom's 86 Taurus and looking at the lock with no way to pull it out from where I was strapped in. That's the only thing I can remember with cars from when I was about that age. That was back in 89 or 90. I don't really have any defined memories until I started kindergarten. After that, I remember quite a bit.

On topic, in the last 2 weeks I've put almost 1500 miles on it. It's taking some getting used to daily driving it again, especially for my wallet. Also, so far in full time, I haven't had any issues with my 242 and Aussie in the snow. It's incredibly predictable and does what I tell it to do. 2WD in the snow with the Aussie is fun.
1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, e-fan, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals & tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats
1994 Caprice - "SQL Lab", HO charging system, SS suspension, show car in progress, some tasteful show mods...
2014 Silverado 1500 - DD on order
2010 Terrain - wife's DD, bone stock
2010 Gary Fisher Utopia - Black Ops platform pedals, SRAM X.9 shifters, BB7 calipers/G3 CS discs, NightRider Rebel 3.0 computer

Build Thread
Black Jeep Society
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #28506
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

got it to make at least 10 separate driveline noises in a single 30 minute drive

yeah i need a whole new everything
Unread 12-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #28507
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'm currently sitting in a snow filled, empty parking lot... It's so tempting. I can't leave donut tracks though in the plant parking lot. I have to "keep it professional." Lol
1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, e-fan, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals & tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats
1994 Caprice - "SQL Lab", HO charging system, SS suspension, show car in progress, some tasteful show mods...
2014 Silverado 1500 - DD on order
2010 Terrain - wife's DD, bone stock
2010 Gary Fisher Utopia - Black Ops platform pedals, SRAM X.9 shifters, BB7 calipers/G3 CS discs, NightRider Rebel 3.0 computer

Build Thread
Black Jeep Society
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #28508
95z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GCL View Post
Ah well that's annoying since every few minutes it goes "bloop bloop" but that's been while idling, not when driving.
Every time I turn left my Vic tells me my passenger door is opening and closing rapidly. Looks like a chicken flapping a wing! The excessive beeping is annoying. It only does it in the dark when my lights are on.
95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #28509
95z

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
How long are motor mounts supposed to last? I can see daylight through the ones in the green one again. I don't have the money for ironmanfab mounts right now but I don't want to waste money and toss the el cheapo ones in.
I'm going for the iron man ones. Hopefully next week
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #28510
95z

Quote:

Nifty!
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #28511
95z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm currently sitting in a snow filled, empty parking lot... It's so tempting. I can't leave donut tracks though in the plant parking lot. I have to "keep it professional." Lol
Make professional donuts!
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #28512
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

When I worked for Oreilly's here in town, I got told the same thing when we got snow a couple years ago. I told my manager the next morning that I was just doing some advertising to planes that flew over with all the O's in the parking lot
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #28513
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
Getting it ready for a "road trip" around the dfw area tomorrow. Pulling a friends cj5 out to decatur to sell in the morning and hopefully driving this back in the afternoon
http://dallas.en.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4210186078.html
Didn't work out yesterday. The buyer for the cj backed out yesterday morning. But got another one lined out and we'll be heading towards the colony after lunch to hopefully pick up that zj
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #28514
David97
Mr Wiggles

1995 ZJ 

Bought some of these to put on mine. Representing my state and make

David97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #28515
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Out of curiosity, how is it nostalgic for you? You were 4 when they stopped making ZJs. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to know if your memory is really that good. I can remember bits, "clips" or "excerpts" if you will, back to when I was 2, like my brother being born or going out and about with my grandmother who passed when I was almost 3 (these may actually date back to when I was younger than 2 as she suffered pretty badly in her last year), but the memories are few and far between. I remember getting locked into the back seat of my mom's 86 Taurus and looking at the lock with no way to pull it out from where I was strapped in. That's the only thing I can remember with cars from when I was about that age. That was back in 89 or 90. I don't really have any defined memories until I started kindergarten. After that, I remember quite a bit.

On topic, in the last 2 weeks I've put almost 1500 miles on it. It's taking some getting used to daily driving it again, especially for my wallet. Also, so far in full time, I haven't had any issues with my 242 and Aussie in the snow. It's incredibly predictable and does what I tell it to do. 2WD in the snow with the Aussie is fun.
What pushed you back to DD-ing the ZJ?
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.