What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1883 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 12-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #28231
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post

Did u take a file to it to flatten out the surface of the housing base...cause they hallway seam to warp a little...
I made sure it was level before putting it on. It was a new housing a few months ago when I did it the first time lol. As of today it's completely dry. I don't think I rtved it the first time. I did this time....

95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #28232
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

249s If you think about it why are they....who bought them to begin with... mostly upper class..... don't know how to pull a leaver ....don't get me wrong woman bought..or husband's for their wifes.... example my bro- in law traded in their Pontiac formula cause wife got it stuck twice n 1 day.... they got a ZJ 95 5.2 W/249 ...funny thing though she thought 4x4 = snow = same as dry pavement... scared my brolaw to death driving out from the dealer...lol...249 = ease of use for those that don't know better...case...Daughter got my ZJ 242 stuck I said did u put in 4x she said no don't know how!!!!! That is the main reason for 249s also helps in not spinning the tires in V8 models......
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #28233
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post

Up here we get snow, freezing rain, sleet, and everything else, all at the same time.
Be glad its not lake effect snow
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #28234
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker View Post
I had no idea what it was until I googled it so here's a picture for anyone else that was wondering. I'm not a fan of the black/gold, never was.
That's actually very nice black and gold go together well the black makes the gold stick out more
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #28235
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Did u take a file to it to flatten out the surface of the housing base...cause they hallway seam to warp a little...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
I made sure it was level before putting it on. It was a new housing a few months ago when I did it the first time lol. As of today it's completely dry. I don't think I rtved it the first time. I did this time....
i always need to re tq mine at least twice after i change the t stat
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #28236
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
249s If you think about it why are they....who bought them to begin with... mostly upper class..... don't know how to pull a leaver ....don't get me wrong woman bought..or husband's for their wifes.... example my bro- in law traded in their Pontiac formula cause wife got it stuck twice n 1 day.... they got a ZJ 95 5.2 W/249 ...funny thing though she thought 4x4 = snow = same as dry pavement... scared my brolaw to death driving out from the dealer...lol...249 = ease of use for those that don't know better...case...Daughter got my ZJ 242 stuck I said did u put in 4x she said no don't know how!!!!! That is the main reason for 249s also helps in not spinning the tires in V8 models......
if you think about it the same could be said about automatic transmissions as well

and f bodys are **** in snow
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #28237
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

if you think about it the same could be said about automatic transmissions as well

and f bodys are **** in snow
Yes
My Brother n law is ALL GM so for Jim to buy a jeep/Mopar it was so his wife would be safe..lol
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #28238
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Not really, every V8 ZJ had a 249, it was not an option. People bought them because thats what it came with. If people had the option im sure they would have used it.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #28239
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Rally cars/trucks have full time 4x4 as well, too many idiots that don't know how to use levers driving them.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #28240
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post

I'm sure that's why rally cars/trucks have full time 4x4 as well, too many idiots that don't know how to use levers driving them.
Lol so true....
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #28241
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post

Not really, every V8 ZJ had a 249, it was not an option. People bought them because thats what it came with. If people had the option im sure they would have used it.
Yes V8 cause...to get power to the ground....my 4.0 w235/75/15 in 2wd would always brake traction in the rain so a v8 would def Need AWD....
Unread 12-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #28242
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Be glad its not lake effect snow
I'm like 10 miles from Lake Erie, we get that too
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #28243
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Yes V8 cause...to get power to the ground....my 4.0 w235/75/15 in 2wd would always brake traction in the rain so a v8 would def Need AWD....
When I had the front DS out of mine it was silly. I could break the tires loose anytime. Best time to scare the wife was right after it started to rain when the roads get that first layer of water. WEEEEEEEEEEEE
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #28244
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

i always need to re tq mine at least twice after i change the t stat
I think re torquing was what made mine leak. Of course, it was sub zero temps. Idk I hate to retorque them now after the first time. I've never had to do that with thermostat housings on my other cars. I hope the rtv is the difference maker this time around
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
Unread 12-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #28245
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

OT put my splash guards and front bumper back on and drilled holes in my front skid to let my grease zerks for my sway bar bushings through so I don't have to remove it every time I grease them. Now I have some form of deer protection till I get my steel bumper lol.
Mopar or no car!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.