What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1867 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 12-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #27991
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

^^What they said

OT: pulled my front ds to replace the u joints tomorrow. Gonna be weird driving a rwd vehicle again

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #27992
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedZj View Post
Oh. Cant see that in jf app. My bad. I wouldn't wanna be cruising the highway in PT either.
Yep, this. I try to avoid putting to much strain on the t-case and only use part time when it's called for, snow and dirt. If I had 4WD FT it would have absolutely been on and that's gonna be a requirement in my next zj.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #27993
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Is it sad that I'm hoping the snow we are currently getting sticks so I can worry less about damaging the transfer case (249), driveshafts & axles in my ZJ?
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #27994
i6zombiejeep
1998 ZJ 

Well I changed my crankshaft position sensor last week and solved the stalling issue, but the day after I did that, the check engine light came on, and flashed sometimes. It acted like one of the spark plugs wasn't firing. It did this for the past few days and so today, I bought new plugs, cap and rotor, and wires. With that sitting in a bag in the passenger seat, I stopped at Taco Bell for a burrito. After pulling out of Taco Bell, the check engine light shut off, and it feels like it is firing on all cylinders. So I am going to return all that stuff. Except the burrito.
But this Thanksgiving weekend, I got my Jeep stuck for the first time, got new rims for her, and even folded the seats flat to fit a whole bunch of crap in the back! Love being able to do that.
i6zombiejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #27995
i6zombiejeep
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i6zombiejeep View Post
Well I changed my crankshaft position sensor last week and solved the stalling issue, but the day after I did that, the check engine light came on, and flashed sometimes. It acted like one of the spark plugs wasn't firing. It did this for the past few days and so today, I bought new plugs, cap and rotor, and wires. With that sitting in a bag in the passenger seat, I stopped at Taco Bell for a burrito. After pulling out of Taco Bell, the check engine light shut off, and it feels like it is firing on all cylinders. So I am going to return all that stuff. Except the burrito.
But this Thanksgiving weekend, I got my Jeep stuck for the first time, got new rims for her, and even folded the seats flat to fit a whole bunch of crap in the back! Love being able to do that.
I had some 4wd issues too, though. It didn't want to go back to 2wd after being in 4 full time, and while driving on a rain covered road, it would jerk to the left or right and driving over 35 mph seemed dangerous. Is my T-case messed up, or what?
i6zombiejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #27996
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i6zombiejeep View Post
Amazing what a burrito can do
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #27997
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I've started removing the lift so I can prep the ZJ to be sold. Gotta make room for the Orvis.

I've got the spacers off the front, but I don't have the front stitched back up yet. The coil on the one side is contorted over on the spring compressors and I can't quite get them loose until my buddy shows up with his impact wrench. When that happens, I'll also put her back on her old Land Rover tires. Kinda funny how this is happening. I bought it on undersize land rover tires with a half-assed radio installed and a blown up muffler. After replacing all of that properly, I'm selling it with undersize land rover tires, a half-assed radio install, and a blown up muffler.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #27998
David97
1995 ZJ 

Looking at some Corbeau seats for my Jeep. Trying to decide which would look best and work best in my Jeep. If anyone has an opinion or suggestion it'd be appreciated.

These are the 4 that I am currently looking at. Comfort would be nice. However I don't really drive her a whole lot, and never too far except my once a month trip to Milwaukee(2 hours drive there, then 2 hours back).

1) http://treperformance.com/i-83905-co...cing-seat.html

2) http://treperformance.com/i-83915-co...cing-seat.html

3) http://treperformance.com/i-83903-co...cing-seat.html

4) http://treperformance.com/i-83899-co...cing-seat.html
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #27999
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

I like #2. Kinda what I was looking at for my Jeep.
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #28000
David97
1995 ZJ 

Yeah #2 is my favorite as of now as well. Plus it looks so damn comfy lol
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #28001
WJ4x4LIFE

I have a large puddle building up from early today of red transmission fluid underneath the ZJ. It is dark outside because of this " earlier 1 hr thingy", and I hate it! Now I have to get up early tomorrow morning and see where it is coming from...... I think it busted a "cooler line?????"
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #28002
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Have to check to see if I can find a brake fluid leak tomorrow at 0 dark thirty when I leave for work tomorrow. Put 1/4 to 1/2 a small bottle of O'Reillys's brake fluid in it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #28003
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Ordered a set of hella 550ff amber fog lights from summit today. Only $115
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #28004
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Ordered a set off hella 550ff amber fog lights from summit today. Only $115
gonna like the spectrum they cast on the snow
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #28005
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

So got the tank up yesterday and other stuff, drove it a little and it was all fine. This morning battery was dead, possible parasitic drain. And now there's a gas puddle and gas spot on the lip of the skid plate. GBNJCVJKNFTGVXFHPNGHHBCGHH. WHY.
95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.