Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#36,946 ·
Installed the front control arms... and I get to do it again, since I did not realize that the front upper front bushings are installed in the axle and did not come with my kit... grrr.. I spent 2 hours wrestling with the right front.... my neighbor heard me cussing.. came over and tried to help to no avail (the bolt holes would not line up)... he said to hook up a comealong and pull it into position... 2 minutes later, the bolts were in... the other side only took about 20 minutes.
I just did my front uppers including the axle side... I found the smoothest way to get it done is to pull the wheel, get the coil spring out, and use a ball joint press. Unless you are lifted enough or can droop it enough to get the ball joint press to clear the oil pan.

#36,947 ·
I installed some JK Rubicon wheels and tires with Rough Country adapters yesterday. The trackwidth is perfect now, the tires are out to the edge of the fenders but don't stick out past the fender and I gained about 2" of axle to ground clearance as well. Today I'll be replacing my leaking PCV valve grommet in the valve cover and probably the PCV valve itself as well.

#36,948 ·
Wishing I still had the jeep today, can't get no traction in the truck in 2wd, wish I had a 242 transfer case cause some power to the front all the time is definitely better than tryna huff it in 2wd... It ain't thick enough on the road yet for 4wd

#36,949 ·
Started trying to install my new o2 sensors from kolak last night. Got all my knuckles cut up and gave up. Them suckers don't want to come out!

#36,951 ·
Yeah, they're not in the book of scribbles, so there's a good chance they're original. If it gives me more **** I'll just be forced to order a new kolak exhaust.

#36,953 ·
Yep, last step before giving up was a nice coating of pb.

#36,955 ·
I received the final part of my oil pressure gauge install: the A pillar pod. Quite honestly, I'm surprised at the quality. I expected a lot cheaper of plastic and a very poor fit for a universal, one-size-fits-all-Civics (and 240s) pod. It actually fits about as well as I'd expect a Chinese one specifically made for a ZJ to fit. There is a slight gap on the bottom side that you don't see from the driver seat. The rest fits really flush and it holds the gauge fairly well. Maybe next weekend I'll be getting my rice on... Or, it'll just add to my growing list of modifications I want to do but just can't get the time to do.

#36,959 ·
went down to the jeep dealer to check out parts... the price is about $250 for parts they don't stock, but he gave me the part numbers... I picked off both parts I needed from ebay for about $75.00. (auto headlight sensor and wiper module). and they wanted me to come back tomorrow so they can program my door remotes, for $58.00, and a minimum one hour wait... wtf?

The PO's dog ate the rear passenger seat belt, but a perfectly matching replacement belt arrived in the mail today, along with a couple of dash bulbs... those are installed and working.

#36,960 ·
Starting to think I've been duped . . .