What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1845 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #27661
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Its not stock im running 6 inches of lift and 33s. She was a beast when i had 4wd working she still does fairly well for 2wd as far as some of the holes and climbs me and some other jeepers go to

i asked what a stock zj can do in the wild, meaning my zj, which doesn't have a lift or anything else done to it...

kali_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #27662
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep View Post

i asked what a stock zj can do in the wild, meaning my zj, which doesn't have a lift or anything else done to it...
They can do plenty, I wouldn't hesitate to take a stock one on some good all terrains to the Badlands in Indiana. Just keep it the "easier" trails and bring some straps hehe. Although when my dad and I took the CJ with stock suspension and some all season tires (not even A/T's) it did quite well even on the more advanced trail.
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #27663
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

They are very capable of doing just about anything. Just make sure you have a friend and some recovery gear

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #27664
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
They can do plenty, I wouldn't hesitate to take a stock one on some good all terrains to the Badlands in Indiana. Just keep it the "easier" trails and bring some straps hehe. Although when my dad and I took the CJ with stock suspension and some all season tires (not even A/T's) it did quite well even on the more advanced trail.
anyone here have pics, or is there maybe a thread of stock zj's doing some cool stuff? very tempted to do it, but this is my dailydriver and would suck if i screwed it up
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #27665
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
They are very capable of doing just about anything. Just make sure you have a friend and some recovery gear

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
actually now that you said that i have a buddy with a newer model jeep that goes into the wild... i need to tag along with him and his crew one of these days... don't think he has any mods to his either --- hmm, sending msg now
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #27666
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

They do very well stock, just run good tires and drive smart. Skids under the t-case and gas tank would be a very good idea though.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #27667
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
anyone here have pics, or is there maybe a thread of stock zj's doing some cool stuff? very tempted to do it, but this is my dailydriver and would suck if i screwed it up
this is as crazy as i got with mine so far

Unread 11-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #27668
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
this is as crazy as i got with mine so far

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #27669
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
They do very well stock, just run good tires and drive smart. Skids under the t-case and gas tank would be a very good idea though.
as to tires, i have daily driver tires on

what would skids run me for what you mentioned above, and how pricy to install, think something i wouldn't be doing myself or even could...
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #27670
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
This one is my first ZJ, had 31" mud tires on stock suspension

The XJ couldn't make it =)

Unread 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #27671
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
to my defense, i was only testing out the wheel locker
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #27672
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
as to tires, i have daily driver tires on

what would skids run me for what you mentioned above, and how pricy to install, think something i wouldn't be doing myself or even could...
Stock gas tank skids hold up well and are cheap, maybe 40 bucks. Stock transfer case skids are junk, good aftermarket is about $125. Install them yourself, it's not hard, dont always pay someone to do everything for you. It will cost you a fortune in the end. Start with the small stuff, learn from it, and get into the bigger stuff. If you plan to lift in the future, plan to spend as much on labor as the lift cost if not more. Not worth it, you can do much better things with that money.

Street tires arent going to do much for you in the mud. Get yourself a set of nice AT or atleast all season tires.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #27673
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
This one is my first ZJ, had 31" mud tires on stock suspension

that's cool... thank you for sharing
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #27674
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
to my defense, i was only testing out the wheel locker
what kind of locker. You can do WAYYYYYY more than that with a locked axle

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #27675
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
Stock gas tank skids hold up well and are cheap, maybe 40 bucks. Stock transfer case skids are junk, good aftermarket is about $125. Install them yourself, it's not hard, dont always pay someone to do everything for you. It will cost you a fortune in the end. Start with the small stuff, learn from it, and get into the bigger stuff. If you plan to lift in the future, plan to spend as much on labor as the lift cost if not more. Not worth it, you can do much better things with that money.

Street tires arent going to do much for you in the mud. Get yourself a set of nice AT or atleast all season tires.
appreciate the info making list now, SOB

and no plans on lifts, at least not at this time and won't happen while this is my daily driver... if i search here, any good threads/write-ups on these and the install step-by-step

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.