Finally cut and welded bungs into my rear uppers to get the rubber off the frame side and mounted axle side.
I wanted to stick with the theme of using jeep factory rubber everywhere and nobody makes threaded ends that accept, so....challenge accepted!
i ordered some more factory jeep turned dom bushing shells from IRO, bought some 1.25"x12tpi bungs from ruffstuff, and two 1.25 x 12 tpi grade 8 bolts from fastenal. I coped the head of the bolt out to accept the bushing shell to make the end.
then i would just cut the welded bushing end off the upper arm and weld in the bung right? never as easy as it seems
These were some rustys long arms I had. rustys says on their site their arms are 2" od .250" wall Dom. Once I cut the bushing shells off I realized they were actually .188 wall. Rustys strikes again.could be older arms I suppose since they were second hand, but still made for a pain since my bungs were 1.5" od. Luckily an awesome friend was willing to turn some sleeves to make up the difference on his lathe. I drilled a through Hole in the sleeves, rossete welded the sleeve to the bung and got the bung welded in the
I may have already posted this but I hit the limits on my 10" travel rear shocks in a hurry, need to bring the upper mounts up into the cargo area and get some longer shocks for sure, we will see how she does once I get the front 14" 5125 bilsteins off my garage floor and fabbed in on the fronts.