What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1823 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 11-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #27331
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

I mocked up my jcr stage 3 sliders. Took a little undercoating off that was in the way of the mounting plate. And I drilled all the mounting holes. Tomorrow I'll paint all the holes and start painting the sliders.

I installed my cb, fender mount, and coax. But I think I got a bad swr meter. I'm not getting a reading. So on Monday I'll go get another one and see if everything is wired properly.

5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #27332
95z

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
What plugs do you recommend then for the 4.SLOW???
I run Bosch
95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #27333
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Autolite or Champion copper plugs are the way to go. OEM plugs are copper, run copper. General rule of thimb is run what it came with stock. if the factory used copper, use copper. If the factory ran platinum, run platinum.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #27334
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Can someone please direct me to a Taurus E-fan installation and parts list write up please! And I need the most basic witing write up ever. Unless its a stereo and subs I suck with electrical. Haha

Thanks guys!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #27335
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Putting in upper control arms. And this I bought it with 127 and some change.
screen-shot-2013-11-17-1.37.03-pm.jpg

screen-shot-2013-11-17-1.37.12-pm.jpg

PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #27336
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Can someone please direct me to a Taurus E-fan installation and parts list write up please! And I need the most basic witing write up ever. Unless its a stereo and subs I suck with electrical. Haha

Thanks guys!
You can check my build on here or speedfreaks. I think I have more pics over there. I can get you a parts list and a schematic I designed for my application if you decide you want it the same way I have mine. Low works automatically and high is switched. When the switch (3way) is off, the fan won't turn on at all.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #27337
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

You can check my build on here or speedfreaks. I think I have more pics over there. I can get you a parts list and a schematic I designed for my application if you decide you want it the same way I have mine. Low works automatically and high is switched. When the switch (3way) is off, the fan won't turn on at all.
I appreciate it and ill definitely look through your write up but I think from everything I've seen I'm going to do a 3way switch for both high and low. Just seema a little mote basic. How did you make low automatic? A sensor? Either way I'd def like to look through what you have. Think I'm going to do a little more research and planning before I dive into this considering its my DD.
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #27338
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

So for the past few months my steering has been popping whenever I turn, I assumed it was ball joints for the longest time and just drove as was. Finally yesterday I went and bought new ball joints to replace mine, however I figured I'd check the suspension before I start tearing it down, just in case it was something else. I had a buddy turn the wheel back and forth the imitate the pop while I watched the steering, after a little observation I noticed the trackbar bracket was moving! Pulled out a ratchet, one half turn on each bolt and it was tight and snug, plus no more popping. I feel like a ******* driving with it like that for the past few months. Hopefully it didn't wallow out the track bar holes in the frame rail too much.

Oh well, long story short I'm just glad I was able to return the ball joints and get all that $ back
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #27339
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
I appreciate it and ill definitely look through your write up but I think from everything I've seen I'm going to do a 3way switch for both high and low. Just seema a little mote basic. How did you make low automatic? A sensor? Either way I'd def like to look through what you have. Think I'm going to do a little more research and planning before I dive into this considering its my DD.
My switch is an on/off/on switch. I have one side on a fan controller for the low speed. The controller has an ignition wire so it only comes on on when the vehicle is on. I hooked that to my switch so I can kill power if needed. The other side of the switch is hooked to a 70 amp relay for the high speed. I figured instead of buying a relay for the low speed, I'd just get a controller that comes with the relay. For normal driving, and especially when someone other than me drives my ZJ, I just leave it on auto. I haven't had to use high. I'd imagine I'll only need to use it when wheeling in the summer. The switch gets its power from a "create a circuit" fuse adapter with one of the cigar fuses. The fan can only turn on when the Jeep is on because of that.
Unread 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #27340
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Using a switch is great till you foget to kick the fan on one day in traffic on a nice hot summer day. Do it right, play it safe, use an automatic switch.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Unread 11-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #27341
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

That's one of the reasons I always leave it on "auto." I doubt I'll forget about it. I'm pretty aware of all my gauges and controls when driving, with exception to the heater controls. I usually let my passenger control that one for me.
Unread 11-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #27342
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

Went to the Stafford pick a part... no infinity gold stereo I think. Though I'm a little puzzled. On a wj with infinity gold speakers at least in the front, and a zj that said infinity gold on front speakers but not on rear... they had a stereo but it doesn't say infinity gold on the stereo but the broken one in my zj says infinity gold on the stereo... would that mean the other people only upgraded front speakers to infinity gold or did some infinity gold stereo not say IG on them?? Sorry I know it's a little rambling
95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #27343
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Stereos are exactly the same with or with out infinity. Doesnt matter what the door panels or anything else says, stereos all swap with one another.
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #27344
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

They can all utilize the infinity gold amp and same kind of power output? I believe on my broken one there were 4 adjusters for bass, treble, I forget what else. Most stereo only had 3 adjusters.
Might just go aftermarket anyway, probably much better sound
95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #27345
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Doesnt matter, the stereos all plug in the same and can be swaped with one another. If you have a 95 ZJ, you cant use one from a 96-98 ZJ though, they dont mount the same. You will need one from a 93-95 which is going to be very hard to find one that works. Id be shocked if your stock speakers werent shot also.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.