What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1822 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 11-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #27316
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep View Post
got this in and finally got the sticker on my plate, only 16 days late

Nice!
Got my sisters inspection done 4 months late I think... had never looked at the inspection date all summer and drove by cops all day long.

95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #27317
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Some 1000grit wetsanding and plastic polishing to get my headlights clear again woooot
image.jpg  
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #27318
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
Some 1000grit wetsanding and plastic polishing to get my headlights clear again woooot
Nice! What did you use for plastic polish?
I desperately need to do both mine and the wife's ZJ's headlights.
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #27319
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Brand new headlights are about $40 a pair, just replace them. Cleaning them up works but only for a month or two, they yellow again very quickly. New housings, wax them 2-3 times a year, they last forever.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #27320
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You probably got away with more than your truck. If they will kill each other over whose Koolaid is better they wouldn't hesitate over a vehicle. Whenever I travel I always pull a couple relays as well for added security.
Yeah. That crossed my mind after I outran them. What stopped them from shooting at me to get me to stop?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #27321
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Get some meguiars rubbing compound and a powerball for your drill and about 5 min each light and youve got brand new ones again

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #27322
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
When comparing brands of parts, there is no quantitative data. There's just the experience of many people coming to similar conclusions.

Champion plugs are really good for Chrysler vehicles. Champion is also the number one manufacturer of ignition components for small engines.
What plugs do you recommend then for the 4.SLOW???

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #27323
torchd
1998 ZJ 

So then, with all the spark plug talk going on, what are the best plugs to use on my 4.SLOW? I haev a 99 WJ Intake, header, full 2.5" exhaust.......

BTW, I made this thread back in 4/2011 regarding spark plugs.... A must look!!

So I'm not here to start anything, I jsut wanted to post up what is going on another forum that I visit everyday. Granted it isn't jeep related, it's related to my Trans Am (LSx motors) but hey we all use plug wires...

So Granatelli (GMS) made a thread claiming that their wires have a 0 ohm drop when you measure their wire on a voltmeter. Here is how they advertise their wires..
  • Direct OEM replacement, exceeds OEM specifications, OBD-II computer safe
  • Increase power to the spark plug up to 400% over stock
  • Customers have reported up to 15 hp (normally aspirated) & 35 hp (s/c, turbo, & nitrous). Average gains on an otherwise stock motor are 5 hp N/A and 12 hp to 15 hp with factory forced induction
  • 0 Ohm resistance, no RFI / EMI interference thanks to patented protector ring
  • Patented* design works with all fuel injection systems, street cars and race cars
  • Solid stainless connector cable with stainless snap lock spark plug connectors
  • High temperature silicone boots, 8MM jacket with fiberglass-reinforced braid resists temperatures up to 500°F (1200°F. boots optional).
  • Ideal for use with aftermarket headers and/or turbocharger systems
  • Includes all necessary hardware
  • Over 600 fitments!
* Granatelli O ohm wires are patent protected by United States Patent number 7,185,622. This patent covers our unique method of producing ignition wires of extremely low resistance while maintaining very high noise suppression. The benefit of this invention is that full electrical energy from the ignition source is transmitted to the spark plug. The end result of the application of this method is increased horsepower, torque and fuel economy.

So a lot of people on the website bashed him calling BS and started a ruckus. So all GMS did was back his product up. He posted 3 videos of just a wire swap on a Vette, 03/04 Cobra and a Ford GT40 where they all gained +10 RWHP and +15 RWTQ. This was on back to back dynos with hardly any cool down time, in fact they made sure the operating temp was the same as the first run so there was no variations.

Here is a video that GMS posted using an MSD board to test ohm drop. There was 8 wires tested, all stated in the video and displayed. #2 being wire bing tested was magnecore wires very bad.. They experienced an 1600 ohm drop..

So the purpose of me making this thread is, again not start any problems, but to get eduacated.

With that being said, I am using Magnecore wires bc I was sold on how awesome they were, then I saw the tests.. And it wasn't good for them. So here's the video

Thanks guys for listening

Unread 11-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #27324
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
Brand new headlights are about $40 a pair, just replace them. Cleaning them up works but only for a month or two, they yellow again very quickly. New housings, wax them 2-3 times a year, they last forever.
Or just take 20 min and polish them.....
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #27325
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post
Get some meguiars rubbing compound and a powerball for your drill and about 5 min each light and youve got brand new ones again

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
This!
Wet sanded with 1000 grit first, then Polished. They look brand new in person.
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #27326
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
This!
Wet sanded with 1000 grit first, then Polished. They look brand new in person.
When I wet sanded my headlights, this is what I did.

started off using 600 grit going up and down

switched to 800 grit going left to right

switched to 1000 grit going up and down

finished with 1200 grit going left to right

Polished with Meguiar's PlastiX

Unread 11-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #27327
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
So then, with all the spark plug talk going on, what are the best plugs to use on my 4.SLOW? I haev a 99 WJ Intake, header, full 2.5" exhaust.......

BTW, I made this thread back in 4/2011 regarding spark plugs.... A must look!!

So I'm not here to start anything, I jsut wanted to post up what is going on another forum that I visit everyday. Granted it isn't jeep related, it's related to my Trans Am (LSx motors) but hey we all use plug wires...

So Granatelli (GMS) made a thread claiming that their wires have a 0 ohm drop when you measure their wire on a voltmeter. Here is how they advertise their wires..
[*]Direct OEM replacement, exceeds OEM specifications, OBD-II computer safe[*]Increase power to the spark plug up to 400% over stock[*]Customers have reported up to 15 hp (normally aspirated) & 35 hp (s/c, turbo, & nitrous). Average gains on an otherwise stock motor are 5 hp N/A and 12 hp to 15 hp with factory forced induction[*]0 Ohm resistance, no RFI / EMI interference thanks to patented protector ring[*]Patented* design works with all fuel injection systems, street cars and race cars[*]Solid stainless connector cable with stainless snap lock spark plug connectors[*]High temperature silicone boots, 8MM jacket with fiberglass-reinforced braid resists temperatures up to 500°F (1200°F. boots optional).[*]Ideal for use with aftermarket headers and/or turbocharger systems[*]Includes all necessary hardware[*]Over 600 fitments!

* Granatelli O ohm wires are patent protected by United States Patent number 7,185,622. This patent covers our unique method of producing ignition wires of extremely low resistance while maintaining very high noise suppression. The benefit of this invention is that full electrical energy from the ignition source is transmitted to the spark plug. The end result of the application of this method is increased horsepower, torque and fuel economy.

So a lot of people on the website bashed him calling BS and started a ruckus. So all GMS did was back his product up. He posted 3 videos of just a wire swap on a Vette, 03/04 Cobra and a Ford GT40 where they all gained +10 RWHP and +15 RWTQ. This was on back to back dynos with hardly any cool down time, in fact they made sure the operating temp was the same as the first run so there was no variations.

Here is a video that GMS posted using an MSD board to test ohm drop. There was 8 wires tested, all stated in the video and displayed. #2 being wire bing tested was magnecore wires very bad.. They experienced an 1600 ohm drop..

So the purpose of me making this thread is, again not start any problems, but to get eduacated.

With that being said, I am using Magnecore wires bc I was sold on how awesome they were, then I saw the tests.. And it wasn't good for them. So here's the video

Thanks guys for listening

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfpkYMD1rI
Copper plugd
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #27328
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

the saw zall got a little out of hand......

so we decided this was a better option anyway

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #27329
beardbob
1993 ZJ 

Holy crap! haha Looking forward to seeing that thing finished.

I just painted my block today..
img_5742.jpg   img_5743.jpg  
beardbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #27330
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardbob View Post
Holy crap! haha Looking forward to seeing that thing finished.

I just painted my block today..
Not to shabby
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.