What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1818 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 11-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #27256
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I broke my steering box wheeling replaced that got back on the trail and then brock a front axle just relocated my charcoal canister and started to fab up some front tow hooks
Im still waiting on my headers to get hear

Unread 11-15-2013, 04:12 AM   #27257
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
No clue. It's at its heaviest now with all our boxes of stuff and it didn't seem too stressed during the test run around our subdivision. The last load or 2 will be just furniture. I wish I had a trans temp gauge in my Ultra gauge but there's nothing to read. Luckily our new house is only 5 miles up the road because there's no way I'd feel comfortable going much farther with it.
I towed a fully loaded 12'x6' U-Haul from Schererville, IN to Naperville, IL helping my brother move. That was fun on I-355. First of all, it's got some of the most expensive tolls around and I had 2 more axles. I want to say I paid like $4.20 for the first toll on there and a dollar something for every toll after that. The Jeep performed perfectly though. I didn't overheat and it didn't even struggle. That was before I had my Aussie in the rear though. I don't think I'd do that again with the Aussie in there. I think I'd end up snapping an axle shaft trying to back into a driveway.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:38 AM   #27258
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

I towed a fully loaded 12'x6' U-Haul from Schererville, IN to Naperville, IL helping my brother move. That was fun on I-355. First of all, it's got some of the most expensive tolls around and I had 2 more axles. I want to say I paid like $4.20 for the first toll on there and a dollar something for every toll after that. The Jeep performed perfectly though. I didn't overheat and it didn't even struggle. That was before I had my Aussie in the rear though. I don't think I'd do that again with the Aussie in there. I think I'd end up snapping an axle shaft trying to back into a driveway.
Yikes I know those tolls and they suck. I love the new leg of 355 to I80 but avoid it if I can due to those tolls. They raise them every year and I heard another hike is coming for 2014. IL sux.
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #27259
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ4x4LIFE View Post

Total of 5 minutes!

Answer to #1:

To add to this, you should have a instructions/manual/ of some sort from the company, unless you brought them off of a PO, then I could understand?!

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/..._Arm_Chart.htm

Answer to #2:

http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/fan/

Answer to #3:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/...wap-zj-598866/
Awesome guys thanks a lot!

And yes the arms are from a PO.
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #27260
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

First of all, it's got some of the most expensive tolls around and I had 2 more axles. I want to say I paid like $4.20 for the first toll on there and a dollar something for every toll after that.
Man, you would hate driving through NJ and NY.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #27261
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post
...I couldn't wait around for the owner to beg them to sell it to me.
i was doing yard work up front the other day and a dude driving by stopped and asked if i would sell mine is it common for people to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Monday, started wiring the new radio crap for the niner..
also did my wires last night and all is ready for the swap-out now...

kali_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #27262
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Yikes I know those tolls and they suck. I love the new leg of 355 to I80 but avoid it if I can due to those tolls. They raise them every year and I heard another hike is coming for 2014. IL sux.
I'm pretty sure Illinois at least owns their tollways. Indiana leased the Indiana Toll Road to some foreign company for so many years. The money made doesn't even go back to the state. The Chicago Skyway is the same way. I believe that's leased to Russians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
Man, you would hate driving through NJ and NY.
More than likely. lol
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #27263
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep View Post

i was doing yard work up front the other day and a dude driving by stopped and asked if i would sell mine is it common for people to do that?
I always thought it was weird that people did that too. Happened a few times with my last truck and once with the zj
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #27264
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I always thought it was weird that people did that too. Happened a few times with my last truck and once with the zj
I had one guy stop to ask me about buying my ZJ from me before. I've had people ask me at gas stations, stop lights, and parking lots more times than I can count asking to buy my car. My car is one of the "hotter" ghetto cars in my area. Unilke 90% of the Caprices in my area, my car is in great shape, no rust, no dents, almost perfect paint, a perfect interior, and no big rims. I'm not selling it so it can turn into that. Caprices were actually number one or two for a while on the most stolen cars list in the Chicagoland area a few years in a row.
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #27265
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
also did my wires last night and all is ready for the swap-out now...
Boo hisss, crimps.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #27266
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I had one guy stop to ask me about buying my ZJ from me before. I've had people ask me at gas stations, stop lights, and parking lots more times than I can count asking to buy my car. My car is one of the "hotter" ghetto cars in my area. Unilke 90% of the Caprices in my area, my car is in great shape, no rust, no dents, almost perfect paint, a perfect interior, and no big rims. I'm not selling it so it can turn into that. Caprices were actually number one or two for a while on the most stolen cars list in the Chicagoland area a few years in a row.
That's not just Chicago, it's any urban area. My buddy in Savannah caught some homies trying to steal his mom's baby blue Caprice. It was mint with the police package and bigger motor. They were probably going to put rubber band tires with big rims and paint the Lucky Charms cereal stuff on it.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #27267
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Boo hisss, crimps.
Posi-Products Car Stereo Connectors
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #27268
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
That's not just Chicago, it's any urban area. My buddy in Savannah caught some homies trying to steal his mom's baby blue Caprice. It was mint with the police package and bigger motor. They were probably going to put rubber band tires with big rims and paint the Lucky Charms cereal stuff on it.
Yeah... For some reason I think I may have already shared this story on here but here goes... I was in Louisville maybe like 8 years ago with my car and went to park it in a parking garage to go get some dinner. We were walking out of the parking garage and I saw a pickup pull into the garage with two guys in it and the truck left with just one guy in it. You had to pay $2 to get into the garage and pay the rest on your way out. There's no way he paid like $4 or whatever it would have been to drop a dude off in the garage. I found this rather odd. I decided it wasn't safe to leave my car in the garage and went back to get it. Instead of just leaving the garage, I decided to drive all the way to the top to see if I could figure out where the other guy went. When I was on my way back down, both guys were back in the truck, backed into the spot my car was originally in, waiting for me. As soon as I paid to get out, they were hot on my tail. They followed me through the city until I made my way back to I-65. Mind you, I was speeding through the city and occasionally blowing red lights. They were following me closely and doing the same. I made it back onto I-65 and managed to hit about 95 mph and they backed off. I'm pretty sure the older Silverado they were driving had a 4.3 and maxed out at about 80 mph. If I didn't go back, I would have lost my car.
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #27269
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Yeah... For some reason I think I may have already shared this story on here but here goes... I was in Louisville maybe like 8 years ago with my car and went to park it in a parking garage to go get some dinner. We were walking out of the parking garage and I saw a pickup pull into the garage with two guys in it and the truck left with just one guy in it. You had to pay $2 to get into the garage and pay the rest on your way out. There's no way he paid like $4 or whatever it would have been to drop a dude off in the garage. I found this rather odd. I decided it wasn't safe to leave my car in the garage and went back to get it. Instead of just leaving the garage, I decided to drive all the way to the top to see if I could figure out where the other guy went. When I was on my way back down, both guys were back in the truck, backed into the spot my car was originally in, waiting for me. As soon as I paid to get out, they were hot on my tail. They followed me through the city until I made my way back to I-65. Mind you, I was speeding through the city and occasionally blowing red lights. They were following me closely and doing the same. I made it back onto I-65 and managed to hit about 95 mph and they backed off. I'm pretty sure the older Silverado they were driving had a 4.3 and maxed out at about 80 mph. If I didn't go back, I would have lost my car.
should have drove them to the po-po station
Unread 11-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #27270
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Yep, I would have called the police for sure. They were probably armed as well.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.