What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1815 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #27211
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Silver Orvises were 97 only.

Personally, I'm a fan of the 95 Orvis more than the other 2, even though it's more common. I like the red piping on the seats and the older interior carries the color scheme better IMO.
I'll agree with you there. The older ZJ interior works better with the colors. The more I see them, the more the older interior style grows on me.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #27212
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
That is sexy.
Thanks man, your XJ was one of the reasons I chose the color.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #27213
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Like the low profile look Moparich
I agree, nice rack!
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #27214
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
great looking jeep 98GCLimited, color looks awesome

thinking of re-painting mine at some point, paint is starting to show the age...

-----
on another note, ordered some more parts so that i can install my new radio into the jeep
kali_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #27215
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

So, I've had this cold draft on my left foot since the weather got cold and I knew the rubber boot for the hood release cable was out of it's hole.
No big deal.

But then I went to put said rubber boot back in it's proper place...
...and pushed almost my whole fist through the hole as Weezy's firewall gave way to the pressure of my hand.

I stuffed some rags in it for the time being....

I've got a brand new 11lb spool of wire ready to go, a bunch of 20ga steel, and only about 100psi left in my gas bottle(if that).
I guess I gotta cough up $50 or so for a big *** bottle of weldin' gas and Ill be good to go.

Good thing I love the ol' gal!
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #27216
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

XJ D44 almost ready to swap in. New bearings/seals pressed on shafts and ZJ disc install just about finished.

OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #27217
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

Adjusted my steering box to tighten up the steering and it worked nicely. Just need to adjust the drag link again to re-center the wheel.

Sent from...wait, where am I?
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #27218
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlandZJ View Post
XJ D44 almost ready to swap in. New bearings/seals pressed on shafts and ZJ disc install just about finished.

Nice warn...
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #27219
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Smart Jeep using the knuckle as the brake pad slider.... Filling them in with weld so I can replace my brakes.. haha
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #27220
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I don't think they're such a thing as a mint vehicle over 6 or 7 years old coming from Wisconsin. You just didn't see pics of the rust. Northern Wisconsin is one of my favorite parts of the country. Rusty cars is one of the things that has stopped me from moving up there, not that the armpit of America is much better...

And to ask again, how long have you been selling spark plugs?

Orvis's are great Jeeps. Nice ones are hard to come by. 93 Grand Wagoneers are pretty cool, too. Performance wise they're both the same as every other stock ZJ out there, but they've got that cool factor a Laredo or Limited doesn't have. I even think the 93-95 SEs are pretty cool just because you don't see a lot of them. What's your reason for thinking poorly of them?
The Orvis and Woodie are absolutely just as good as well built as any other ZJ i agree with you 100% They are just ugly as all hell. Thats all i have against them both. id never personally own one.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #27221
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Towed home the father-in-law's trailer for our move this weekend. The niner pulled it like a charm @ 10mpg lol. Had a little issue with the factory wire harness at first, couldn't get the running lights to light up. Turned out to be a bent prong in the coupler.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #27222
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I like late Orvises because they feel more refined, to me. I just don't care for the 8-slot grille or the thick red piping on the cladding of the old-style ZJ. The interior feels a lot older in the old-style model, too, whereas the later one definitely feels dated, but is modern enough to use.

I looked at a niner today. Completely trashed. It was definitely fast, even with bald tires and the front driveshaft out, but I don't know how fast because the gauges were all broken. Dude wanted 3 large. No thanks.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #27223
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

I installed my cb antenna and wired the cobra 75 wx st under the passenger seat.

5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #27224
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Alright couple of questions.

1. I'm running the 3" BB but am picking up all adjustable arms. What length should they be adjusted to?

2. What year Taurus the e-fan come out of that's fit our jeeps exactly?

3. What year Durango for the gearbox that fits our jeeps?

Thanks guys!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #27225
WJ4x4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Alright couple of questions.

1. I'm running the 3" BB but am picking up all adjustable arms. What length should they be adjusted to?

2. What year Taurus the e-fan come out of that's fit our jeeps exactly?

3. What year Durango for the gearbox that fits our jeeps?

Thanks guys!
Total of 5 minutes!

Answer to #1:

To add to this, you should have a instructions/manual/ of some sort from the company, unless you brought them off of a PO, then I could understand?!

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/..._Arm_Chart.htm

Answer to #2:

http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/fan/

Answer to #3:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/...wap-zj-598866/
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.