What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1798 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #26956
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Just cleaned out the back of it. Been trying out the 4WD quite a bit and it seems to be shifting much better now. I guess it just needed to be worked a little.

EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #26957
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

My brother-in-law moved out of his parents' house a while back. Last weekend I was helping my father-in-law move a few things around in his pole barn. I found my old 15" Alpine Type R in there still in the ported box I had it in when I traded my brother-in-law for it. I was told I could just take it because he said he didn't care about anything he left there. I got it home, pulled it out of the box, and found evidence of mice. I decided to ditch the ported box and find my old sealed box I had for it. I was about to install it in the sealed box and noticed a nest inside the sub. I brought it to work with me and spent some time cleaning the nest out of it. I finished getting the sub in the box today and put it in my ZJ. I've been growing out of the "hear how loud I am" stage, but it was kinda neat to get a little loud again. It's not going to stay in my Jeep permanently though. I just wanted to more or less mess around with it. It takes up way too much space.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #26958
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Drove it down to the desert cause we were bored.

Sent from my iPad Nano using JeepForum

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #26959
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Yesterday, actually, I changed out to my TerraFlex front lower ACAs at work in between customers.
Naturally it was slow until I started it, but then we got busy, so I only had about 2 minutes at a time to work on it.
Finally got them changed out and cleaned up and ready to leave right at quitting time when I noticed that the grease fitting on the passenger's side is facing down instead of up...
That's what I get for rushing...

Guess I'll have to unbolt one end and give it a half turn at some point today and keep that fitting safe from harm
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #26960
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlandZJ View Post

87-89/90 XJ's had the Dana 44 option.

Yes, no aluminum diff and the associated issues that come from it.

Really no different than swapping in an 8.8. And I don't have a c-clip axle.

The major advantage was I had a disc'd, geared and locked D44 from the old XJ. Bracket kit from FroBot Fab and had it welded up at Endless Mountain Fab. I did find a worn pinion bearing and had to rebuild it anyway.
That makes a lot of sense, hey i don't blame ya for using what you got, especially if it's already a good setup!

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #26961
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

I ordered a cobra 75 wx st CB, 3' firestik, quick disconnect, and wiring/fender mount kit today.
5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #26962
wkbear
1995 ZJ 

Put on new tres and drag link. Gonna have to get a new damper too, thought I could reuse the old one. Nope. Gotta get the steering wheel straight and make sure the alignment is good with the tape measure.

Sent from...wait, where am I?
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #26963
noodles5124

Rolled over 148k
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #26964
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Took my dogs out to the park earlier and parked next to a zj. Turned out to be a pretty cool girl and we ended up talking about her plans for it for about an hour. Gonna meet up with her tomorrow to talk about more plans lol
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #26965
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
Took my dogs out to the park earlier and parked next to a zj. Turned out to be a pretty cool girl and we ended up talking about her plans for it for about an hour. Gonna meet up with her tomorrow to talk about more plans lol
Pretty girl, in a Jeep, and you talked? Anyone else see the problem here lol
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #26966
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

I see no problem. I need to finish my ZJ and check out the girl at my school with the freaking white XJ on 33s or something. If only I had about 700 bucks to just willingly drop on at least a 2" bb...
95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #26967
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Uh what? $700 on a budget boost are you nuts lol a 2" BB is 60 bucks on ebay
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #26968
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
Uh what? $700 on a budget boost are you nuts lol a 2" BB is 60 bucks on ebay
A good BB is about $100, plus taller shocks (Good ones start at $45 apiece) and he probably should look into a track bar ($100) and a good alignment at the same time. That's $400 in parts to do it right and I've seen professional alignments run $300-400.

Of course you could probably get away with a cheap BB, the cheapest possible shocks, no track bar, and a driveway alignment, but all of it will wear out quickly and ride poorly. My BB'd ZJ rides better than factory because I didn't cheap out. Also, cheaper spacers compress more. I've seen cheap spacers compress .75" giving a measly amount of lift. My 2.25" spacers have compressed .12" of an inch give or take, meaning I still have <2" of lift.

Man I really wanna wrench on the Jeep and take it out wheeling. Sadface.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #26969
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post

Pretty girl, in a Jeep, and you talked? Anyone else see the problem here lol
Well if we weren't at the park, in public, with three dogs, it might have been different lol
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #26970
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

OK 2" BB is is nothing but 4 poly spacers and costs 60 bucks, Put them on first and put the stock isolator under them so the coil seats into the stock isolator and not into the new spacer and they work much better. Stock shocks are long enough, alignment is about 75 bucks, done. At 2" you dont need track bars but it wouldnt hurt to have them. If your paying 300-400 for an alignment i got a bridge for sale im sure you would love to buy.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.