Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#35,521 ·
At least that line of work pays well. I was up to 6 weeks without a day off when I quit at O'Mygod. And that's actually pretty common in retail.

I think I might clean out the Orvis today. It needs a good once-over of the interior. Receipts all over the place, and some spots where drinks have spilled. Might also try piecing the Nissan's interior back together. Save for the door panels, I don't think there's anything else we'll need it torn apart to work on.
Isn't it illegal to work 7 days a week or over 60 hours? It is in ks but I thought that it was a federal law...not to sure about the 7 days but 100% sure about the 60 hours. Well I guess 7 7s unno at least it isn't 7 10s lol.. also I know retail sucks.. its even worse when you don't have a set schedule. I don't know how many times at Walmart I worked till 10pm and went back at 6am..

#35,522 ·
There aren't any federal laws about it, and this is Texas, so there REALLY aren't any state laws about it.

Of course, I never had to worry about hitting 60 hours. Hell, I rarely had to worry about hitting 30 hours. Whoo! Part-time!

#35,523 ·
polished the headlight lenses and installed some different bulbs.... silverstars suck in the rain

i'll probably have to replace the pass side assembly... it has a bunch of condensation on the inside...

edit: before and after pics... both were equally bad so only one before shot
nice, did you put any clear coat on them, or did you just polish them?
going to be doing mine soon too, and was going to finish them with a few layers of clear coat.

#35,525 ·
Those 5 hour shifts are bull****
Try 3 hours.

In other news, I lack cleaning supplies and motivation; my Jeep went uncleaned again. But I did get much of the S13's interior reassembled, and was able to convince it to climb up the driveway a step. It's running worse than ever, now. Might be stuck with it a while longer while I troubleshoot and repair.

My RX7 was more reliable than this.

#35,527 ·
Try 3 hours.

In other news, I lack cleaning supplies and motivation; my Jeep went uncleaned again. But I did get much of the S13's interior reassembled, and was able to convince it to climb up the driveway a step. It's running worse than ever, now. Might be stuck with it a while longer while I troubleshoot and repair.

My RX7 was more reliable than this.
I wish I just got changed to 12hr days 10 on and 4 off. Used to be 10 hr days 7 am till 7 pm pacific standard time.

#35,528 ·
Isn't it illegal to work 7 days a week or over 60 hours? It is in ks but I thought that it was a federal law...not to sure about the 7 days but 100% sure about the 60 hours. Well I guess 7 7s unno at least it isn't 7 10s lol.. also I know retail sucks.. its even worse when you don't have a set schedule. I don't know how many times at Walmart I worked till 10pm and went back at 6am..
I regularly worked 65-80hr work weeks for a while. The only regulation we had was they couldn't work us more than 16hrs on, 8hrs off, or 24 on, 16 off. Anything over 40 is 1.5 rate, and only a few people in my district went beyond 80 a couple times that wasn't salary so Idk there

#35,529 ·
On turnaround here in TX we work 84 hour weeks, 7 days. Allowed 14 days on, one off. I just got off a turnaround that lasted 5 weeks. Somehow they got away with letting use work three weeks straight before I got a fatigue day.

OT, do our driveshafts use different size U-joints or is each joint the same?

#35,531 ·
kali_jeep said:
just ordered the Davis Unified Ignition Cap and Rotor Kit
:(

I've heard/seen nothing but bad results from the DUI stuff. Hopefully you have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone 9 using JeepForum

#35,532 ·
:(

I've heard/seen nothing but bad results from the DUI stuff. Hopefully you have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone 9 using JeepForum
oh, that sucks :( hopefully it works out - got this from summit racing, and at least have heard their customer service is top notch but hopefully i will not need it.

what kind of issues can i run into?

#35,533 ·
I always just get the summit house brand stuff, hasn't let me down yet.

#35,534 ·
On turnaround here in TX we work 84 hour weeks, 7 days. Allowed 14 days on, one off. I just got off a turnaround that lasted 5 weeks. Somehow they got away with letting use work three weeks straight before I got a fatigue day.

Yeah, Texas doesn't believe in worker's rights, so that **** flies here.

I think they're all the same joint. Jeep shafts are usually that way, if my dealings with the Lone Star Jeep Club account back at O'Reilly are indicative of anything. A cursory search suggests all the driveline u-joints on the ZJ are Spicer 1310s, which sounds about right.

#35,535 ·
Debating making it my primary wheeling vehicle. I miss wheeling my old 95, as it would reliably take a beating.

otehrwise, drove it as usally to work. Trans is acting up in this cold weather, really lazy 2-3 shift now.

#35,536 ·
Debating making it my primary wheeling vehicle. I miss wheeling my old 95, as it would reliably take a beating.

otehrwise, drove it as usally to work. Trans is acting up in this cold weather, really lazy 2-3 shift now.
Governor pressure sensor and solenoid. Eventually it'll just put itself in limp mode and start out of 3rd gear. If it gets cold enough there, I guess.

#35,537 ·

Maybe they just took the fine lol oil refinery right? If so ever come to the one in coffeyville a lot of people from tx come up here for it