What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1776 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #26626
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
So your system is all bass. Good for you im sure it sounds great! lol
But you gave money for alpine for sq, but there are far better cheaper alternatives

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #26627
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Damn, didn't mean to start a war on audio.

As for speakers, looking at these front & rear and this for a head unit. I know it won't sound the best, but it removes the need for a tape adapter for my iPhone and will sound better than I have now.
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #26628
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccloud View Post

As for speakers, looking at these front & rear and this for a head unit. I know it won't sound the best, but it removes the need for a tape adapter for my iPhone and will sound better than I have now.
you are going to hear them in the doors if you dont run the highs on the dash

i think for that ''wheres it coming from its like its everywhere '' sound you need them up there
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #26629
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Listen im a HUGE bass head also but its got it's place. I have built a number of competition systems for people over the years. Not many people want to pay like that anymore so they are few and far between. I love guy wrenching bass that takes your breath away just as much as the next guy. Kicker is not bad, their solo x subs are actually very powerful subs and produce vehy high spl even in their smaller sizes. A single solo x 10 powered right in the right box is very impressive. $400 in used equipment is $1300-$1400 is new equipment so yea im sure your doing fine spending $400 on craigslist. My point from the very beginning is you have to balance the system. To much of one thing will hurt everything. To much bass, low mid, high mid, highs, anything that over powering just distorts the natural sound of the music. No one can deny you get what you pay for either. You buy a $15 pair of pyle speakers, you got a $15 pyle of junk simple as that. Now im not saying you should go spend $1000 on a boston z series component system either. For all i know your ear cant tell the difference between a $15 speaker and a $1000 speaker but i sure as hell hope it can lol. Buy what makes you happy and what you think sounds good but dont try and ast like its high end and like its anything to be proud of. It's junk, if your happy with junk, more power to you. I wish i was happy with $15 speakers, would have saved me a whole lot of money over the years but the fact is im not, im an audiohpile and id rather listen to nothing than listen to a poorly designed system made up of crap product.

What are you running right now start to finish?
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #26630
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

http://www.soundqubed.com/QP-MR65-So...ded_p_103.html
Take a gander at those too
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #26631
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccloud View Post

Both good choices. Rockford makes good stuff, they always have. The Prime series is the entry level stuff however even their entry level stuff is still good quality. Im sure you will be happy.
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #26632
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Never heard of the brand but it looks like a decent midbass driver. Nice frequency responce, goes up a lot higher than you would ever want to run it at though. Power handling is ok to nothing over the top. $50 for a pair of "pro audio" woofers is a bit far fetched though.
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #26633
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
But you gave money for alpine for sq, but there are far better cheaper alternatives
You dont think Alpine makes high end sound quality product? you ever look into their Type X line? Or even better their F1 line?

What woofer do you know of thats cheaper and better than a Type R?
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #26634
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Both good choices. Rockford makes good stuff, they always have. The Prime series is the entry level stuff however even their entry level stuff is still good quality. Im sure you will be happy.
uhh noooo :hispanic maid:

non cea garbage and a few good products
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #26635
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
a system that is louder than my rear pinion , loud tires and exhaust that is the point of it not to be mr.sq with a chip on my shoulder
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #26636
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Listen im a HUGE bass head also but its got it's place. I have built a number of competition systems for people over the years. Not many people want to pay like that anymore so they are few and far between. I love guy wrenching bass that takes your breath away just as much as the next guy. Kicker is not bad, their solo x subs are actually very powerful subs and produce vehy high spl even in their smaller sizes. A single solo x 10 powered right in the right box is very impressive. $400 in used equipment is $1300-$1400 is new equipment so yea im sure your doing fine spending $400 on craigslist. My point from the very beginning is you have to balance the system. To much of one thing will hurt everything. To much bass, low mid, high mid, highs, anything that over powering just distorts the natural sound of the music. No one can deny you get what you pay for either. You buy a $15 pair of pyle speakers, you got a $15 pyle of junk simple as that. Now im not saying you should go spend $1000 on a boston z series component system either. For all i know your ear cant tell the difference between a $15 speaker and a $1000 speaker but i sure as hell hope it can lol. Buy what makes you happy and what you think sounds good but dont try and ast like its high end and like its anything to be proud of. It's junk, if your happy with junk, more power to you. I wish i was happy with $15 speakers, would have saved me a whole lot of money over the years but the fact is im not, im an audiohpile and id rather listen to nothing than listen to a poorly designed system made up of crap product.

Well ATM I got 2 12" jbl gti or gtx something there 60$ ea 250watts each if I recall. Bridged On a 810 watt monoblock pioneer that puts out probly in between 5 to 600. with 4 6.5 audioque midrange speakers. With a pioneer h/u. Its just a cheap system to get me through till I have to money to invest in either a set of dd 3515s. Or 6 sundown sa-8s v2s. Or if I get lucky some nightshades. and a big badass amp. Tax return where are you
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #26637
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Have you lost your mind lol? Rockford has been good quality product that takes some serious abuse, their amps put out crazy power, and they last since forever lol. Go back to your PYLE speakers.
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #26638
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Have you lost your mind lol? Rockford has been good quality product that takes some serious abuse, their amps put out crazy power, and they last since forever lol. Go back to your PYLE speakers.
clearly i have lol

mixed up my brands
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #26639
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Couldn't find or know what version of type R's you had so it made finding the specs very hard but I'm almost for certain that these are better but about the same price

forumrunner_20131026_232434.png
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #26640
Platinum5nine
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
clearly i have lol

mixed up my brands
All Rockford Fosgate stuff is CEA certified, even their entry level stuff.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.