Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#3,522 ·
When you get up off the ground after the tears dry up, let us know how well that worked :rofl:

#3,523 ·
bought some stuff for it/to use on it. got a little crazy when i went to harbor freight today. only went there to buy the welding helmet lol. bought the ratchets cuz i wanted the ergonomic handles-would have bought a full 3/8" impact socket set with it but they were sold out. fire extinguisher as i've had "nightmares" about the jeep catching fire while driving and having nothing to battle the fire. and the air horn because my stock ones have quit working for the second time. its loud.

#3,525 ·
its a little high pitched but not terrible. way better than not having a horn. only downside is the short beep of the horn that goes off when you lock the jeep with the key fob doesnt work. not enough current for long enough to cycle the compressor to blast the horn

#3,527 ·
Picked this up today nothing like rain at a jy

thanks to 93zjDave for helping me locate the 5.9 in the biggest damn jy i ever seen

#3,535 ·
blackjack12982 said:
Last couple of yards I found some in wanted in between $300-450.
There was a yard here that wanted $500 for an 8.8 and $700 for an hp30, I finally found a yard that had an 8.8 for $135 and hp30 for $190

#3,536 ·
There was a yard here that wanted $500 for an 8.8 and $700 for an hp30, I finally found a yard that had an 8.8 for $135 and hp30 for $190
Yeah, I should've grabbed an axle from one of the yards in Wichita when I was home earlier this year picking up my Willy's, but cash was short. Now I'm stuck hoping that I don't blow up the D35. There was an 8.8 already setup w/ brackets for $300 near me, but I was an hour too late. :(

#3,537 ·
blackjack12982 said:
Yeah, I should've grabbed an axle from one of the yards in Wichita when I was home earlier this year picking up my Willy's, but cash was short. Now I'm stuck hoping that I don't blow up the D35. There was an 8.8 already setup w/ brackets for $300 near me, but I was an hour too late. :(
There is a guy on craigslist here that builds 8.8s for jeeps. The one for the zj with the right gears,locker,diff cover, paint and all new brakes for about $900

#3,538 ·
squazz said:
Picked this up today nothing like rain at a jy

thanks to 93zjDave for helping me locate the 5.9 in the biggest damn jy i ever seen
Do only 5.9's have the iron d44?