What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1763 - JeepForum.com

 115Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26431 of 45347 Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 PM
EndIsNear
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 746
Well, been a while since my last post. I was doing some detailing the other day, and found the dreaded passenger floor being wet. So, I pulled the seat out, carpet up, and insulation out to air out. Propped the carpet up on blocks of wood to let air flow through. I'm now prepared to fix the A/C drain as soon as it stops raining...



Also got an inspection, and barely passed on the rear brakes.

So, next on the list is finish up A/C drain and rear brakes.

Also detailed the engine bay a little



EndIsNear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26432 of 45347 Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 PM
98ZJLTD
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndIsNear View Post
Well, been a while since my last post. I was doing some detailing the other day, and found the dreaded passenger floor being wet. So, I pulled the seat out, carpet up, and insulation out to air out. Propped the carpet up on blocks of wood to let air flow through. I'm now prepared to fix the A/C drain as soon as it stops raining...

Also got an inspection, and barely passed on the rear brakes.

So, next on the list is finish up A/C drain and rear brakes.

Also detailed the engine bay a little
Tha t engine bay looks stellar! You wanna come detail mine? Lol

98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline  
post #26433 of 45347 Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 PM
95knight
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 495
So I have a question may seem dumb but here it is. What are the inspections??
In wisconsin the PO and you sign a title you go to the DMV give them the title and a small fortune, you get new plates and go home. But do.emissions every 2 years but thats just plug into the OBD2 plug and leave a few seconds later. And its only 96 and newer they care about for emissions.

So what do they inspect? What state?
95knight is offline  
post #26434 of 45347 Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM
rlcii77
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Middleport
Posts: 257
Reflowed the connector pins in the VIC and the "Coolant Sensor" message is now gone... It was indeed the solder joints as explained in a few threads that I've read on this wonderful forum... Now I have to do the same to the '96 Orvis... lol

'94 Limited ZJ (CRUSHED, kept the 5.2L, 46RH & 249 TC)
'96 Orvis ZJ
'98 Slate 5.9 ZJ (DD)
rlcii77 is offline  
post #26435 of 45347 Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices
 
kg6mov's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cupertino
Posts: 11,395
Some states you have to go to a certified inspection place or to a state trooper and have them inspect that your vehicle meets standards.

1996 ZJ Green Laredo V8, 2.5" OME and Bilsteins, 33's, Holes drilled in the roof.
1998 ZJ 5.9 - Junked
1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now  
post #26436 of 45347 Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
So I have a question may seem dumb but here it is. What are the inspections??
In wisconsin the PO and you sign a title you go to the DMV give them the title and a small fortune, you get new plates and go home. But do.emissions every 2 years but thats just plug into the OBD2 plug and leave a few seconds later. And its only 96 and newer they care about for emissions.

So what do they inspect? What state?
In some states, we give half a damn about road safety, so every year, you have to take your vehicle to a certified inspector, who checks to make sure your brakes, lights, seatbelts, and such all work properly. Some places also have emissions testing, where vehicles younger than a certain cutoff are tested by various methods as to whether they meet a standard for emissions.

In California, they don't give a damn about road safety, so they only inspect for emissions every year, and there's basically no such thing as emissions exempt.

In Texas, for example, every year your car has to be safety inspected, and in 17 counties (of 254 total) you also need to have it checked against emissions at the same time. When you do this is determined by a sticker in your windshield that's issued when you pass inspection. My Nissan's says 7/2, which means it was supposed to be inspected again in July of 2012. The PO failed to do that and I've failed to pass emissions. If I passed right now, the sticker would say 10/4 and I'd need to have it inspected in October of 2014 to remain legal. It's independent of the sales process. Now, when you buy a car, you have to go to the DMV within 21 days and change the title to your name and pay the registration fee. Registration then comes due every year in the month you registered it. It's a standard $50.75 plus county fees. The change of title also carries a standard fee plus motor vehicle tax (6.25%), and you must pay that fee plus the rego fee when you change the title. License plates are, however, retained unless the new owner requests new plates. There is no fee to request a new license plate number be assigned to a vehicle when changing the title of ownership.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #26437 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 AM
kg6mov
Hears the voices
 
kg6mov's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cupertino
Posts: 11,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
In California, they don't give a damn about road safety, so they only inspect for emissions every year, and there's basically no such thing as emissions exempt.
Yep, california could give two ****s if your car has wooden tires no brakes and no windshield. But heaven help you you try to swap the engine or mess with the exhaust. Gotta stay green!

To be emissions exempt you have to be pre 1973 or so.

1996 ZJ Green Laredo V8, 2.5" OME and Bilsteins, 33's, Holes drilled in the roof.
1998 ZJ 5.9 - Junked
1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now  
post #26438 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 AM
CGlaser
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 341
The only time we really get anything inspected here in Kansas is when you buy out of state. Other than that I pay tags and taxes every year. Nothing for road saftey or emissions

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-zj-slow-build-1484672/
CGlaser is offline  
post #26439 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 AM
95z
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post

Yep, california could give two ****s if your car has wooden tires no brakes and no windshield. But heaven help you you try to swap the engine or mess with the exhaust. Gotta stay green!

To be emissions exempt you have to be pre 1973 or so.
Ya my buddy spent $1100 getting his 82 Toyota 4x to pass smog here in ca.
95z is offline  
post #26440 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 AM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
And your summers rarely peak above 95, and never for long.
Believe it or not, we have weeks of 90+ heat in the summer with high humidity. We have what is commonly referred to as a "seasonal climate." What that means is we get the extremes of everything. It's actually one of the reasons I like living here. The only thing that sucks is the seasons usually change overnight and it always messes with my sinuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
And plenty of ricochets
Meh, it's a minor side effect.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #26441 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 05:42 AM
JeepNicholson
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Burbank
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

Believe it or not, we have weeks of 90+ heat in the summer with high humidity. We have what is commonly referred to as a "seasonal climate." What that means is we get the extremes of everything.
Yep, same here.
JeepNicholson is offline  
post #26442 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Roskoe
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Coast
Posts: 543
Got my new drag link in the mail , time to get dirty and break bolts

"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline  
post #26443 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,457
Started it! Drove it around the block! Tried to find an 02 sensor harness at a cpl jy's (no luck), so wired it back together with crimps and some liquid tape.

Maybe now I will let her have new lca's

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #26444 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Midnightluckey
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedZj
Started it! Drove it around the block! Tried to find an 02 sensor harness at a cpl jy's (no luck), so wired it back together with crimps and some liquid tape.

Maybe now I will let her have new lca's
No. 100 problem-free miles first. Make her earn it.

Congrats though! So what's left before she's ready for DD duty?

95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline  
post #26445 of 45347 Old 10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey View Post

No. 100 problem-free miles first. Make her earn it.

Congrats though! So what's left before she's ready for DD duty?
Good idea!

Were out to lunch now! Got the code reader on her and not seeing any probs!

(knocking on wood)

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
GOLDWING
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome