What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1762 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #26416
Mjk12us
1995 ZJ 

I finally got my set of factory tow hooks installed and got my 2in bb in! Girlfriend wishes her ZJ was lifted now too haha

Mjk12us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #26417
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
What you've got to realize about Texas is, while 40 degrees doesn't seem cold to most people, not two days ago, it was 90-something outside. When you've spent the last 5 months at 90 or higher, that sudden drop to 40 chills you to the bone. As well, as soon as the temperature drops below about 60 in north Texas, the pressure drops and it brings heavy winds in. I've stood in skivvies in Utah in the dead of winter, well below 0, but the air is still, so it's not terrible. In Texas, it's windy and humid, so you chill faster.

Cut him some slack. How many of you worked on your Jeep in triple digits all summer? And when did your summer end? Ours ended last week.
Come to Chicago where our winters are filled with sub 0 temperatures, wind, and humidity.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #26418
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
What you've got to realize about Texas is, while 40 degrees doesn't seem cold to most people, not two days ago, it was 90-something outside. When you've spent the last 5 months at 90 or higher, that sudden drop to 40 chills you to the bone. As well, as soon as the temperature drops below about 60 in north Texas, the pressure drops and it brings heavy winds in. I've stood in skivvies in Utah in the dead of winter, well below 0, but the air is still, so it's not terrible. In Texas, it's windy and humid, so you chill faster.

Cut him some slack. How many of you worked on your Jeep in triple digits all summer? And when did your summer end? Ours ended last week.
Where in Texas was it 90 plus degrees out two days ago that it is now 40?

If it's still warm enough to be humid, it isn't really cold. And 50 degree temp swings aren't at all uncommon and definitely aren't unique to Texas. Neither is high wind occurring when temps change.
106-in-the-shade NC summer hot enough?
Lake Erie blustery winter winds 0 degrees and sleeting cold enough?

But sure, of course how temperature feels is relative. Guess I'm fortunate to have lived in both extremes so I'm more or less used to both. I've gotta say though, I prefer it cold, cause you can always put more layers on, but you can only take so many layers off in summer before the neighbors start looking at you weird! And who doesn't like wheeling in the snow?!
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #26419
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
I prefer it cold, cause you can always put more layers on, but you can only take so many layers off in summer before the neighbors start looking at you weird! And who doesn't like wheeling in the snow?!
Well said.
Plus, I've never passed out from the cold.
Give me 0 to 75 degrees any day.
More than 75 degrees, you can keep...
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #26420
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

On topic:
Had to run it for 10 min to defrost the inside of the windshield this morning because I left the hatch open last night..... and a DENSE fog rolled in.
Ooops!!
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #26421
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Come to Chicago where our winters are filled with sub 0 temperatures, wind, and humidity.
And your summers rarely peak above 95, and never for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
Where in Texas was it 90 plus degrees out two days ago that it is now 40?

If it's still warm enough to be humid, it isn't really cold. And 50 degree temp swings aren't at all uncommon and definitely aren't unique to Texas. Neither is high wind occurring when temps change.
106-in-the-shade NC summer hot enough?
Lake Erie blustery winter winds 0 degrees and sleeting cold enough?

But sure, of course how temperature feels is relative. Guess I'm fortunate to have lived in both extremes so I'm more or less used to both. I've gotta say though, I prefer it cold, cause you can always put more layers on, but you can only take so many layers off in summer before the neighbors start looking at you weird! And who doesn't like wheeling in the snow?!
This would be like me chuckling at someone from the U.P. because they think 80 degrees is even warm. In Texas, we hit 80 first week of March sometimes. By April, more days than not are spent at 80 or higher. If it's still cool enough to rain, it isn't really hot.

And I can sympathize if you've worked in the extreme heat, but in Texas, that's most of the year spent working in temperatures 80, 90, or higher. And the sudden drop from that is harsh. If you spend 5 months acclimating to high heat, and suddenly the temperature drops out from under you, you're gonna call it cold.

As for me, I prefer working in the heat. After awhile, you get used to the heat and you can just work without having to bundle up in movement-restricting clothes and gloves. Just stay hydrated and you're fine. Working in the cold, my hands get numb easily, my nose starts to run, and I have to keep adding and removing layers. It's just a pain. Snow-wheeling is fun and all, but I'd rather rock-crawl in the peak of summer to be honest. I guess if you're in the snow, you don't have to worry about the engine overheating. Of course, I bought a ZJ because it was air conditioned.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #26422
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
And plenty of ricochets
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #26423
dave_dj1
1994 ZJ 

Worked on my t-case skid and ordered a IRO hack n tap.
Hopefully I'll be able to drive it with no driveline vibes
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #26424
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #26425
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

I did once in January. Brrrrrrrrr!
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #26426
95z

Gave another vicious attempt to fix the stock tune box. Nothing, its dead! Replaced the lighter and ash tray bulbs while I was in there. So now I can see where I plug in the phone charger and where I throw the change! Cleaned the throttle body too. What a huge difference in the performance!
95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #26427
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
Hangs a bit low, but I dig it.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #26428
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
Hangs a bit low, but I dig it.
hangs the same height at the lower radiator support. bottom bar is there to protect it is actually. with it being angled back, it won't be a hindrance.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Unread 10-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #26429
95z

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post

hangs the same height at the lower radiator support. bottom bar is there to protect it is actually. with it being angled back, it won't be a hindrance.
Kinda thinkin the same thing when I make mine , protect the radiator. So many after market bumpers expose the lower portion of the radiator.
95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #26430
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95z View Post
Kinda thinkin the same thing when I make mine , protect the radiator. So many after market bumpers expose the lower portion of the radiator.
after personally junking 2 radiators off road on my other ZJ, and watching others harm theirs I found it pretty important. Poor design IMO to have the lower radiator support as the lowest hanging point on the front end of these things.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.