What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1759 - JeepForum.com

 102Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26371 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island
Posts: 510
I hear ya to each their own i just dont get why guys beat up a rare ZJ why not do it to one thats a dime a dozen? I own a 97 Limited 5.2 and a 98 Limited 5.9 Id never wheel the 5.9 It doesnt even see bad weather lol sleeps in the garage. Just me though.


Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #26372 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 05:45 PM
ejschultz
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,425
I made my ZJ a one of a kind and I wheel the crap out of it.

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #26373 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 822
Mine wasn't exactly in pristine condition when I bought it. I wanted the baddest platform to start with and go from there. Ever since I was a kid I wanted one with the mud flames down the side....remember the old ads? Lol

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #26374 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island
Posts: 510
lol
Attached Images
 

Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline  
post #26375 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 06:38 PM
95knight
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waukesha
Posts: 495
Cant get the smell of diff fluid off my hands. Im about to go nuts! Making me sick now for about 8 hours
95knight is offline  
post #26376 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island
Posts: 510
Wash your hands with lemon juice

Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline  
post #26377 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 06:46 PM
WJ4x4LIFE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 574
Got a check engine light on the ZJ, but it is too cold (TX, 40'F) to mess with it tonight. I will pick at it tomorrow, hopefully.
WJ4x4LIFE is offline  
post #26378 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island
Posts: 510
A 94 ZJ with a CEL? Thats pretty good, it's not easy to trip the CEL on an OBDI Jeep Atleast there arent a whole lot of things that it can be.

Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline  
post #26379 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 08:06 PM
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget
 
underpowered's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 3,037
put the new bumper in primer to keep rust down while i figure out what lights to add to it and where to add them

1998 ZJ-- lowered a touch

2005 GMC 2500HD 496 C.I.

Fat Amy-1989 K5 blazer. Linked, lifted, 38.5's on won tons. Big Girls can play in the woods too.
underpowered is offline  
post #26380 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 PM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
I hear ya to each their own i just dont get why guys beat up a rare ZJ why not do it to one thats a dime a dozen? I own a 97 Limited 5.2 and a 98 Limited 5.9 Id never wheel the 5.9 It doesnt even see bad weather lol sleeps in the garage. Just me though.
You plan on taking it to auction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I made my ZJ a one of a kind and I wheel the crap out of it.
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
lol
Awsome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
Cant get the smell of diff fluid off my hands. Im about to go nuts! Making me sick now for about 8 hours
Get a pump bottle of fast Orange from the parts store for the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ4x4LIFE View Post
Got a check engine light on the ZJ,
Wish I had a CEL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
put the new bumper in primer to keep rust down while i figure out what lights to add to it and where to add them
Pics!

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #26381 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island
Posts: 510
Nope no auction shes just my baby and shes VERY clean. I bought her about 5 years ago from a mother who let her young daughter eat and drink in the back seat. Milk spilled everywhere, seats glued together with food and spilled drinks. I spent a lot of time gutting the interior, pulling carpet out, literally whe whole interior was removed, cleaned, and put back in. Outside has been fully detailed, axles and wheel wells painted flat black, engine bay detailed, some performance engine work done, new tranny, 242 transfer case swap, new rear, slotted rotors, new tires, shocks, the list goes on and on. She looks great, runs great, is pretty damn quick and will kick the @ss out when punched out from a stop with no problem. I plan to have it a long time,and keep it looking the way it does for just as long. I have an engine build in the works making roughly 425 horsepower out of a 360 with no blower and no turbo all motor. The 5.9 was a special Jeep $42,000 in 1998 and not a whole lot of them were made and roughly half of them are left. It's got a lot of options not used on any other ZJ of any year, it's not just a bigger motor. With out the 5.9 there would be no SRT today. Would you wheel an SRT? I wouldn't. Just me i know its a Jeep but its not just any Jeep.

Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline  
post #26382 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 10:17 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
Nope no auction shes just my baby and shes VERY clean. I bought her about 5 years ago from a mother who let her young daughter eat and drink in the back seat. Milk spilled everywhere, seats glued together with food and spilled drinks. I spent a lot of time gutting the interior, pulling carpet out, literally whe whole interior was removed, cleaned, and put back in. Outside has been fully detailed, axles and wheel wells painted flat black, engine bay detailed, some performance engine work done, new tranny, 242 transfer case swap, new rear, slotted rotors, new tires, shocks, the list goes on and on. She looks great, runs great, is pretty damn quick and will kick the @ss out when punched out from a stop with no problem. I plan to have it a long time,and keep it looking the way it does for just as long. I have an engine build in the works making roughly 425 horsepower out of a 360 with no blower and no turbo all motor. The 5.9 was a special Jeep $42,000 in 1998 and not a whole lot of them were made and roughly half of them are left. It's got a lot of options not used on any other ZJ of any year, it's not just a bigger motor. With out the 5.9 there would be no SRT today. Would you wheel an SRT? I wouldn't. Just me i know its a Jeep but its not just any Jeep.
Did you stroke it?
PolkaPower is offline  
post #26383 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,440
If $$$ where no object.....i'd wheel and srt! Bet it would SIK with a lift!

But I feel ya.

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #26384 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island
Posts: 510
Nope stock stroke and a finish hone. Block is a Z code block from a 98 ZJ 5.9 had 130K miles on it and still had crosshatch. Stock crank and forged h beam rods, edelbrock aluminum heads, harland sharp roller rockers, hughes custom grind cam 540 lift, sct tune, headers, 3" exhaust, ported and polished throttle body, hughes airgap intake manifold, 24lb ford fuel injectors, arb studs and bolts, mopar performance billet double timing chain, the laundry list goes on lol Build is not yet complete and of course not yet in the Jeep. Im in the process of buying a house so naturally this is put on hold. Motor in the 5.9 runs just fine right now so im not in a rush but once done, she will be an animal.

Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline  
post #26385 of 44876 Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
Nope stock stroke and a finish hone. Block is a Z code block from a 98 ZJ 5.9 had 130K miles on it and still had crosshatch. Stock crank and forged h beam rods, edelbrock aluminum heads, harland sharp roller rockers, hughes custom grind cam 540 lift, sct tune, headers, 3" exhaust, ported and polished throttle body, hughes airgap intake manifold, 24lb ford fuel injectors, arb studs and bolts, mopar performance billet double timing chain, the laundry list goes on lol Build is not yet complete and of course not yet in the Jeep. Im in the process of buying a house so naturally this is put on hold. Motor in the 5.9 runs just fine right now so im not in a rush but once done, she will be an animal.
That is impressive because you would be lucky to see 440hp out of a 6.7 stroker, I think you would need boost. You are not talking about to the wheels right?
PolkaPower is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome