What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1755 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #26311
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post

Hearing rap garbage makes me have the need to put on some Hank III and polish my guns until I feel better.
Try some Gangstagrass, with all the banjos and old country samples you might not even notice it's rap. As someone who has a great respect and love for old country myself, I dig it.

He did the theme song for Justified, too.

JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #26312
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I hope you go deaf listening to that garbage and chances are you will. Maybe not fully deaf but you will do some damage. Every time someone drives by my house and I hear that blasting that crap I smile knowing that they are damaging their ears.
I used to compete. I'm respectful of neighborhoods and other traffic. I've said stuff to kids "bumpin'" past my house. I don't appreciate my walls rattling. When I used to set up and tune at home I'd always ask my neighbors for their permission beforehand. If they said not today, I'd either wait or drive to an empty big parking lot and go to work. Not all bass heads are a-holes, most maybe, but not all.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #26313
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Hearing rap garbage makes me have the need to put on some Hank III and polish my guns until I feel better.

What if I'm bumpin to hank jr? Country's my fav genre
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #26314
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

What did I do to my zeegee today?

Parked it up in its eternal resting place, well maybe not eternal but for a while anyway. I put a hole in the sill when I last washed it
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #26315
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

I have to second that one there sir, Hank III is the man!!

My build thread- [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/98zjltds-build-thread-1557637/[/url]
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #26316
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I hope you go deaf listening to that garbage and chances are you will. Maybe not fully deaf but you will do some damage. Every time someone drives by my house and I hear that blasting that crap I smile knowing that they are damaging their ears.
hey there paw paw i listen to all kinds of music with bass but i was giving an example of music that gets below 30 hz , where most speaker systems are tuned not to even play at because its would blow em up

my taste im music varies and also i really want to see if the '' magic lady frequency 33 hz wiil work on her '' forgot to add that earlier lolololol
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #26317
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

this guy says his isnt loud enough but i think i would stop here

Unread 10-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #26318
hondakilla98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
this guy says his isnt loud enough but i think i would stop here
Looks good. Sub up, port back was loudest for me in my zj. The most I've had was an RE SX15 in 3.5@30hz on 1500 rms. Pretty loud but nothing crazy. My friend has an ls1 camaro with a wall. 4-15" burped on 14kw hitting 160! That's crazy.
5.9 Limited, RE 4" lift, RE FTB, JK take offs w/ 255/75/17 BFG MT's, 1.25" wheel adapters, ARB Bumper, Superwinch LP10000, K&N intake, Flowmaster, custom JL & Focal stereo, 20% tint, KOR roof mount tire carrier, JCR sliders, cobra 75 wx st
hondakilla98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #26319
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Nice. Looks like it will vibe all of the seals apart especially on an older vehicle. You should take this garbage over to cardomain.com where it can blast the bass while his buddies car bounces up and down.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #26320
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Nice. Looks like it will vibe all of the seals apart especially on an older vehicle. You should take this garbage over to cardomain.com
what seals are you talking about ?

c'mon you know you need some bass in your jeep

i ran a single 12 off 175 rms for years and it provided a good backbone to the listening experience

have you ever had a sub or are you just being this way because you dont like those ghetto blasters ?

you know the ones who need to get off your lawn
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #26321
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

All of the rubber door seals and screws are going to start coming apart and it will sound like an old crown vic farting down the road in ignorance. I had a small sub. The kind that's hidden to make it look like part of the Jeep and sits over the rear wheel well. Lost all of that when water came in past the doors when the ZJ stopped moving. That would be called stuck. Honestly don't have any use for that. Takes up space and it's a waste of money. I have a sound bar and front door speakers and it sounds great to me.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #26322
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I test drove a JKU Rubicon today. Some time next year, the ZJ is getting sold. Gonna save up some money and buy a new Rubi. I'll come back to ZJs some day, but I just can't justify the money pit this one has become.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #26323
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
All of the rubber door seals and screws are going to start coming apart and it will sound like an old crown vic farting down the road in ignorance. I had a small sub. The kind that's hidden to make it look like part of the Jeep and sits over the rear wheel well. Lost all of that when water came in past the doors when the ZJ stopped moving. That would be called stuck. Honestly don't have any use for that. Takes up space and it's a waste of money. I have a sound bar and front door speakers and it sounds great to me.
thats what they make sound deadener mats for and at 301,000 miles im sure the gasket's in the doors need replaced anyhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
I test drove a JKU Rubicon today. Some time next year, the ZJ is getting sold. Gonna save up some money and buy a new Rubi. I'll come back to ZJs some day, but I just can't justify the money pit this one has become.

hope you like those double overhead cams :sarcastic:
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #26324
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

hope you like those double overhead cams :sarcastic:
To be fair, the only cars I've ever had problems with were non-OHC cars. This Jeep and my RX7. Also, it has like 100 more hp and gets out of its way a lot more easily than my Jeep can. On the upside, I do think the Pentastar is chain-timed, which means basically maintenance-free and that's always a win.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #26325
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Trimmed back the metal under the bumper, got tired of landing on it and denting it up... Idk if i like the look though, it'll take some getting used to...

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.