What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1754 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Reply
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #26296
TRAVASS
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
a modest system

stock infinity h.u. pyle 6.5's a 10 an a 12 with a 650 rms amp
Respectable! I went retarded with my set up.

Rockford fosgates 6.5s with 1.5 tweeters front and rear.

2 12" Pheonix Gold Xmaxx in a sealed box and a 15" Kicker in a ported box. A 1 farad cap and a 1500 watt amp. I'd show a pic but can't seem to upload any...

TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #26297
Platinum5nine
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middle Island, NY
Posts: 510
And that makes your lungs vibrate? The systems i build would kill you if thats the case lol.
__________________
Platinum 5.9 2.25" engine pipes 3" Magnaflow cat, 3" Hooker Aerochamber, 3" tail pipe, Ported kegger, 52MM Throttle Body, 24lb injectors, K&N drop in filter, Cast JEEP valve covers, MSD coil and wires, All new 6 piece clear light kit, 255/65/16 General Grabber HTS, 242 conversion, XJ u-joint front axle shafts
Platinum5nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #26298
Jeeples
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/, UT
Posts: 4,838
Bought a 2000 WJ, which means the ZJ will be going up for sale once I fix a couple little items
__________________
His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- stock

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #26299
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Respectable! I went retarded with my set up.

Rockford fosgates 6.5s with 1.5 tweeters front and rear.

2 12" Pheonix Gold Xmaxx in a sealed box and a 15" Kicker in a ported box. A 1 farad cap and a 1500 watt amp. I'd show a pic but can't seem to upload any...
you get a measurement on it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum5nine View Post
And that makes your lungs vibrate? The systems i build would kill you if thats the case lol.
pics or lies

i didnt say it was too much or uncomfortable the r/f 2000 rms and 18 im getting may be enough though

maybe
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #26300
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy
 
riot1987's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakewood, COLORADO
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Bought a 2000 WJ, which means the ZJ will be going up for sale once I fix a couple little items
what motor?

That 4.7 is bull****
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/riots-97-grand-1436100/

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #26301
kg6mov
Web Wheeler
 
kg6mov's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cupertino, CA
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
you get a measurement on it ?


pics or lies

i didnt say it was too much or uncomfortable the r/f 2000 rms and 18 im getting may be enough though

maybe
In what possible world could you need 2kw of power in a car? Better yet, how are you gonna get the needed 160A to the thing?
__________________
1996 ZJ Green Laredo V8, 2.5" OME and Bilsteins, 31's, Holes drilled in the roof.
1998 ZJ Platinum Limited 5.9, New engine and trans, no front driveshaft, but it's pretty

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #26302
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
In what possible world could you need 2kw of power in a car? Better yet, how are you gonna get the needed 160A to the thing?
in a world where subwoofers are inefficient and you need a lot of power to play because your box is tuned to 26 hz and you listen to music that gets that low like dubstep ( c ) rap ect.

and

one where the guy next to you with his blasting super tweeters is like some kind of ghetto mating call and you dont want that ****ing up your good mood so you bass so loud he has to readjust his mirror after you drive past

as for amps extra batterys in the back are necessary
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #26303
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,185
I used to be in the mid 140 dB range in my Caprice before I swapped out my subs. I was running a couple of 12s in 4.5 net cubes tuned to 28Hz on 1 kW. It surprised a lot of people. It would definitely move your hair. You've got to be in the 155+ range for it to start affecting your breathing. I've only been in a handful of cars with that kind of range and they were 4 kW +, at least 2 18s, and walled off. Also, batteries aren't the best way to help with voltage issues. They'll help deliver the extra current you need, but if the alternator can't keep up with the current demand at 14.4 or 13.8 V (whatever it charges at), you're going to get a voltage drop. Your charging system needs to be sufficient as well as the battery(ies).
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #26304
Jeeples
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/, UT
Posts: 4,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
what motor?

That 4.7 is bull****


No, it's not, but that's ok for you to continue on believing.

Yes, it's a 2000 Limited w/ the 4.7. Has a 166k on the clock and currently non-running. Looks like it will need a crankshaft position sensor and she should be good to go. From looking at it, it's obvious the PO took care of it and aside from the driver's side arm rest and a couple cracks in the rear bumper cover it's in great shape aesthetically too.

For $900, I'm certainly not going to complain.
__________________
His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- stock

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #26305
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I used to be in the mid 140 dB range in my Caprice before I swapped out my subs. I was running a couple of 12s in 4.5 net cubes tuned to 28Hz on 1 kW. It surprised a lot of people. It would definitely move your hair. You've got to be in the 155+ range for it to start affecting your breathing. I've only been in a handful of cars with that kind of range and they were 4 kW +, at least 2 18s, and walled off. Also, batteries aren't the best way to help with voltage issues. They'll help deliver the extra current you need, but if the alternator can't keep up with the current demand at 14.4 or 13.8 V (whatever it charges at), you're going to get a voltage drop. Your charging system needs to be sufficient as well as the battery(ies).
it has a 136 amp alternator for now

i may look at adding a 160 amp for some extra power
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #26306
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,493
I hope you go deaf listening to that garbage and chances are you will. Maybe not fully deaf but you will do some damage. Every time someone drives by my house and I hear that blasting that crap I smile knowing that they are damaging their ears.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #26307
Jeeples
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/, UT
Posts: 4,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I hope you go deaf listening to that garbage and chances are you will. Maybe not fully deaf but you will do some damage. Every time someone drives by my house and I hear that blasting that crap I smile knowing that they are damaging their ears.
You forgot to add "Now get off my lawn!"



I agree with ya though.
__________________
His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- stock

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #26308
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, Italy
Posts: 16,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
You forgot to add "Now get off my lawn!"



I agree with ya though.
Hearing rap garbage makes me have the need to put on some Hank III and polish my guns until I feel better.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #26309
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
You forgot to add "Now get off my lawn!"



I agree with ya though.
Heck, I'm still young and I agree with you guys. Having a nice stereo (even with sub) is fine, but when it's just obnoxiously loud, etc. I get pretty "get off my lawn" about it too.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #26310
David97
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Posts: 468
Ebay snorkel. And installed my winch plate shackles.







Sent from my SCH-I535 using JeepForum
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.