What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1749 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #26221
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

I trimmed a **** ton of crap from my front fenders

....and got my new 35's mounted

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #26222
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

Washed her after a great weekend of wheeling.
Unread 10-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #26223
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Bingo!
Cliffs is fun but it really takes it's toll on your vehicle. All of my skids were heavily used. I also banged up my passenger side rear fender and put a gouge, not really a scratch, into the driver side under the far back window. The last time I was there I attempted "Carnage" only to have to back off it and get laughed at it by a bunch of guys running buggy like Wranglers you knew they didn't drive there. I give my ZJ credit for driving out there, wheeling all day, and driving back. Oh, and ZJ mirrors are amazing. I had the passenger side of the Jeep against the wall of a washout (how I banged up the rear fender). The mirror folded all the way in, with the window down and sprung right back into place.

All that being said, I can't wait to go back there!
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #26224
throwinwrenches
1995 ZJ 

retinted all 9 windows . no more chrome fronts. all rock star now.
now if i could only get the pics small enough to upload
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #26225
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Cliffs is fun but it really takes it's toll on your vehicle. All of my skids were heavily used. I also banged up my passenger side rear fender and put a gouge, not really a scratch, into the driver side under the far back window. The last time I was there I attempted "Carnage" only to have to back off it and get laughed at it by a bunch of guys running buggy like Wranglers you knew they didn't drive there. I give my ZJ credit for driving out there, wheeling all day, and driving back. Oh, and ZJ mirrors are amazing. I had the passenger side of the Jeep against the wall of a washout (how I banged up the rear fender). The mirror folded all the way in, with the window down and sprung right back into place.

All that being said, I can't wait to go back there!
You got that right! I haven't been out too much with it there but this time it took the biggest beating. I'm not sure if it was Carnage we were on or not, but I believe it was part of the red trail that took it's toll. The only other GC in our group,which was a WJ on 3" IRO and 32's got high centered in there and I thought for sure I was going to get hung up too. We've never went that far before until the other day because there was never enough of us if one got stuck, but on Sunday we hit a good portion of the park, I think 16 of us in total. I got my diffs hung up a few times and had to get tugged out once. All in all with my setup I kept up with the rest and I'm pleased I made it through. Just afraid to wash the mud off and see all the bumps and bruises lol. Definitely thinking about bigger tires in the near future now....I love my Duratracs but would like a little more clearance.

Oh yeah and those mirrors are amazing....I thought for sure I was going to snap one off a few times.
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #26226
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

I thought about taking my doors off last night , but this morning I forgot how heavy they are , Thank god it was just a dream. But all for doors off would look cool

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #26227
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
You got that right! I haven't been out too much with it there but this time it took the biggest beating. I'm not sure if it was Carnage we were on or not, but I believe it was part of the red trail that took it's toll. The only other GC in our group,which was a WJ on 3" IRO and 32's got high centered in there and I thought for sure I was going to get hung up too. We've never went that far before until the other day because there was never enough of us if one got stuck, but on Sunday we hit a good portion of the park, I think 16 of us in total. I got my diffs hung up a few times and had to get tugged out once. All in all with my setup I kept up with the rest and I'm pleased I made it through. Just afraid to wash the mud off and see all the bumps and bruises lol. Definitely thinking about bigger tires in the near future now....I love my Duratracs but would like a little more clearance.

Oh yeah and those mirrors are amazing....I thought for sure I was going to snap one off a few times.
I really want to try it again now that I have my locker and additional armor. I'll stick with my 31s for now. I love my Duratracs too. They're great tires.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #26228
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David97 View Post
$5 tinted license plate cover. lol

Odd. Considering the other numerous things he could have actually given me a ticket for lol I hung the warning on my wall, to remind me hat I live in a redundant and boring small tourist town.
There must be no crime going on in town

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #26229
David97
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoe View Post

There must be no crime going on in town
Not really no. Lol small town.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using JeepForum
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #26230
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I really want to try it again now that I have my locker and additional armor. I'll stick with my 31s for now. I love my Duratracs too. They're great tires.
well if you make it back out there one day let me know.....I'm not to far away. If nothings going on I'll meet ya out there.
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #26231
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

Nothing today...Used it to get numbers though haha
95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #26232
Jake_A

Radio mount got painted -

Unread 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #26233
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
Those scrapes, scratches, and scores are beautiful!!!
All-natural pin striping.
It shows that you're in touch with nature!!
My Hunter Green ZJ is covered in all-natural pin stripes.

They call it "Character"!
Well, I do have a nice scratch that is fairly straight down the drivers side

I need to invest in better tyres, highway ones aren't great in mud, except they are thin and do dig down to the grip below the slushy bits.
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #26234
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Picked up my wife's ZJ from the shop.
New fuel pump, fuel filter, pump relay, and labor: $516...
Almost worth it because I didn't have to deal with the 15 gallons or so of gas that was in it...
I'm not a fan of dealing with gas tanks and related items.

I prolly woulda cut the floor out above the tank with my grinder, changed it all out and polyurethaned the floor back in place and called it good!
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #26235
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

Changed the oil & oil filter, re-torqued rear LH lower control arm. Hard to believe it's over 4,000 miles on the ZJ since I've had it. 3,000 miles on the lift/shocks/suspension overhaul, exhaust and other repairs. I also replaced my sagging drivers door a few weeks ago. A very nice daily driver!
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.