What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1747 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #26191
ND-RAM
1997 ZJ 

Plati-dipped my wheels Anthracite metallic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1381707767333.jpg   1381707783071.jpg  
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #26192
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Scored a pristine auto dim side view mirror at the junkyard yesterday. Not even the slightest discoloration of the fluid inside. Easily the best $5 I've spent so far.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #26193
Jake_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND-RAM View Post
Plati-dipped my wheels Anthracite metallic.
Looks good
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #26194
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

And I take it back, trans pan still leaks. Tightened a few bolts up to see if that helps, left some paper under it for the night to see if its something to worry about.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #26195
throwinwrenches
1995 ZJ 

high flow cat, cherry bomb , twin electric fans
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #26196
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

Started right before I changed the alternator. I pulled an idiot move and tried to tighten the positive terminal on the alternator without disconnecting the battery. Luckily all I blew was the fuses. Alternator was already weak. It was only pushing 12 amps running. Anyone else have a 93 ZJ with the recalled ignition coil and harness? Just trying to figure out if I can run anything else for an ignition coil. I ran the Accel Super Coil and tune up kit in my 95 and had decent luck with it.
joshtarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #26197
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Did some good wheelin with my local club. Banged up the front bumper on a tree...not once but 2 times, almost took both mirrors off on trees, hit the rockers on some rocks, and took a good chunk of aluminum out of a wheel on a big rock. Lessons learned: remove front bumper next time, invest in rock rails, and don't hit big fn rocks with the wheels.
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #26198
rredwards
1996 ZJ 

Finally finished replacing the original control arm bushings throughout the jeep! The front uca bushings on the axle took way more time than expected. Just need to finish installing the new front springs and shocks and see how it rides! I have high hopes.
rredwards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #26199
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rredwards View Post
Finally finished replacing the original control arm bushings throughout the jeep! The front uca bushings on the axle took way more time than expected. Just need to finish installing the new front springs and shocks and see how it rides! I have high hopes.
How'd you go about getting the old bushings out/new ones in on the axle? Everyone always says those are the worst. I did all my rear arms but not gonna do my fronts until I have cash for an alignment.

And today I really wish I had installed a drain plug when I dropped my transmission pan. So now I have to drop the pan again and get a new gasket to fix this leak. This time I'm gonna take a wire wheel to the pan and use a tiny bit of rtv. Oh and install a damn drain plug. I really don't understand why so many vehicles come without one. On the plus side the fluid/filter change seems to have cured my sluggish shifts (mainly starting in 2nd and not downshifting to 1st).

Side note, could a failing fuel pump cause low fuel pressure and thus make it inconsistently run rough/sluggish? At first I thought I was imagining it but there's no question that she feels slower and sometimes vibrates pretty noticablly at idle, despite recentlly replacing my motor/trans mounts.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #26200
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Took a better look at my drivers side front caliper. Someone had previously stripped the hole and with my uncles help, we installed a new heli-coil.

Check out the trashed CV boot, I really need to get onto the u-joint axle-shaft swap.

On the drive home, my ZJ finally hit another milestone.

JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #26201
ND-RAM
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_A View Post
Looks good
Thanks. My first time plastidipping anything and I was very happy with the results. Thinking about dipping all of the plastic next chance I get.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #26202
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Did some good wheelin with my local club. Banged up the front bumper on a tree...not once but 2 times, almost took both mirrors off on trees, hit the rockers on some rocks, and took a good chunk of aluminum out of a wheel on a big rock. Lessons learned: remove front bumper next time, invest in rock rails, and don't hit big fn rocks with the wheels.
Where'd you go? Sounds kinda like a Cliffs kinda day...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #26203
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwinwrenches View Post
high flow cat, cherry bomb , twin electric fans
Interested in the fan set up. Is it posted anywhere?
x10radsponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #26204
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

Saw a half a$$ mechanic fix on my throttle cable yesterday. Went to PAP and got another off a '98 for $8. I was ticked when I saw this. My bad for missing it but it was causing me to loose 1/2 or better of throttle. Meaning the cable was already sinched up 1/2 inch or so. Not sure what that translates to in throttle but no way I could be at WOT with it like this.
x10radsponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #26205
ArcticLight
1998 ZJ 

Installed my iron rock sliders!
ArcticLight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.