What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1744 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #26146
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Replaced some burnt out bulbs. Nice to have a cargo light since it's never worked these past two years. Those 194 amber side marker bulbs are nice. Make the hazards look insane from the front.

And gave her 17 gallons of gas. Managed 13mpg. Woot. Using both odometer/trip to guage mileage and not accounting for 31" tires.

Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #26147
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtarmy1 View Post
Put a new alternator in and now I am fight voltage problems even more. Battery holds 12 volts but it is only reading 11 volts under load. Advance charged the battery for me after I did the alternator. Battery holds a charge but will not go past 11 volts under load. Checked the voltage on the alternator, not sure if I did it right its reading 27-33 Volts. Anyone have any ideas? I checked all the fuses, replaced the battery terminals and the fuses for the security system were already pulled. Only thing I can think of is maybe voltage regulator/pcm going or a bad ground/connection somewhere I'm not seeing.
How's your alt and batt wires? Check your grounds and connections. If there stock consider replacing them I would. Your alt should be putting out a lot more.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #26148
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Used the hitch to break a tire bead on the trailer spare...
Could of just ran over the tire that breaks beads nice and easy
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #26149
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

I need new gas struts for the tailgate ;_;

I keep hitting my head off it
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #26150
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Boredom got the best of me and I started to plasti dip the wheels. I swore I'd never use this stuff again last time....
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #26151
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Boredom got the best of me and I started to plasti dip the wheels. I swore I'd never use this stuff again last time....
Out of curiosity why'd you swear to never use plasti-dip again? Since I discovered their "Hunter Green" color I'd been thinking about using it down the road, after some other projects are done.

I finished putting in the new trans mount last night and man, you can't even tell when she shifts. I can only tell oh so barely but I also know when to expect it. Gonna do my trans fluid/filter tomorrow and that should really smooth everything out. On that note ATF +4 was a pain to find around here. Most places were sold out, only had 1 or 2 bottles or were just over priced ($6-$7 a quart). The walmart by me stocks it for about $4.50 but they've been out of stock forever. Picked up 7 bottles at Napa for $5.30 a pop. I wish someplace carried it in bulk jugs.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #26152
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker View Post
Out of curiosity why'd you swear to never use plasti-dip again? Since I discovered their "Hunter Green" color I'd been thinking about using it down the road, after some other projects are done.
When I sold my XJ I had a hell of a time getting it off the wheels so I said never again lol. This time I put more prep work in and laid it on thick, probably 4 coats + 2 coats of glossifier. It actually came out well. Matched the dark slate nicely.

Got carried away and did angry eyes and blazin blue on the tow hooks too. It's raining now but I'll get some pics when it clears.
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #26153
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Replaced Valve Cover Gasket and...

They are a little long but I got short armed people in the Jeep so they can reach them too!!
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #26154
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

I went ahead and replaced the battery just to rule it out. Cleaned all connections. Found out the ground wire to the block is starting to break so gonna fix that tomorrow. Gotta get some 4 gauge connectors tomorrow. Alternator is reading 30V. At the first prong on in the middle its reading 12V testing the connection between the two small middle bolts on the alternator it reads 10V weather its under load or not. I'll fix the ground wire tomorrow and see if that helps but I'm thinking it might be something in the pcm.
joshtarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #26155
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtarmy1 View Post
I went ahead and replaced the battery just to rule it out. Cleaned all connections. Found out the ground wire to the block is starting to break so gonna fix that tomorrow. Gotta get some 4 gauge connectors tomorrow. Alternator is reading 30V. At the first prong on in the middle its reading 12V testing the connection between the two small middle bolts on the alternator it reads 10V weather its under load or not. I'll fix the ground wire tomorrow and see if that helps but I'm thinking it might be something in the pcm.
You should blame the PCM by default I do.
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #26156
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

Whats the best option for replacing the pcm? New or is this something I can pull out of another jeep. Not sure it it has to be programmed to the vehicle or not. Never had to mess with the pcm before. theres a company called autocomputersdirect-acd on ebay that sells remanufactured ones with lifetime warranty. Anyone ever used theirs before?
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #26157
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Replaced the drivers fender liner and fixed and bedlined over some of the rust.
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #26158
tirus89
1993 ZJ 

New NTK oxygen sensor, New Mopar starter, 50/50 coolant mix for the winter.

//93 ZJ//5.2L//NP249//K&N Fipk Gen II//2" BB w/BD AT Shocks//4.10's//31" Cooper Discovery STT's//Cstm Frnt Bmpr//Custom Rear Tube Bmpr//3" Magnaflow exhaust w/high flow cat//500RMS Pioneer Amp//600RMS 12" JL Audio Sub//
tirus89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #26159
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

Also changed the valve cover gasket, oil cap, pcv elbows and both vacuum lines for them. Now trying to see where else my oil is leaking from. When grounding the second prong on the alternator should I ground it to the battery negative or just to the ground wires on the outsides of the alternator? and do I have to remove the connector thats on there or just put the wire on right over that?
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #26160
dave_dj1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Fitted the ol girl with some new sneakers today! 35" swamper tsl radials with chrome rims. I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.