First I slung a rope over a rafter so I could ease down to the garage floor to slide under and check the 242 & shafts for any play or leaks. Maybe my last hoorah as far as mods go. Aside the fact the donor TC was given to me in a couple of cardboard boxes it took me two months to get it all together. Think getting too old for that kind of stuff. Nah, maybe not. Then I mowed the grass (ie.natural fauna) for second time and last time for the year. Didn't even bother to load up the wheelchair. Been a Jeep'r from Grand Dads old Willis on up for over 40 yrs and never had one leave me out hanging. No big deal, just drive around in a pattern until everything is nice and flat. Looks good too. Like a herd of white tails bedded down in the front yard.
Some vehicles just don't smoke as much when you do it. And the couple times I've used it that way, i used the same amount as you
Well I guess it's not a bad thing, maybe it just wasn't too dirty.
But now I'm in the process of doing my transmission mount and snapped the damn bolt off of the clevis bracket, which attaches the transmission mount to the cross-member. And since the damn thing is welded on and no one seems to carry the bracket, I gotta drill it out and just use a nut/bolt in it's place. But of course my drill is dead, waiting for it to charge now. Murphy's law man .
After doing all the rear arms last week the lowers are definitely easier, plenty of room for my bulky impact wrench (even without jacking it up).
Side note I seafoamed my engine today. Had always used it in the gas tank but never in the intake before. Used between 1/3-1/2 of the can in the brake booster line. It sucked it right up and I let it sit for a little under 20 minutes. To my surprise I didn't really have much smoke when I turned her back on. And the little I did have cleared up in under a minute. Could I have used too little and poured it in too slowly?
I've noticed that mine doesn't smoke much on idle and revving, but as soon as i drive it down the road it'll smoke like a banshee for a couple hundred feet.
OT I got tired of my piece of crap stock speakers, so I bought some new ones. Only got 1 installed before it got dark and the mosquitoes started eating me up. But I can say im very happy to have decent sounding music now. I also pulled the washer fluid tank to fix the steady leak I had. Anyways, her she is as of today:
Put a new alternator in and now I am fight voltage problems even more. Battery holds 12 volts but it is only reading 11 volts under load. Advance charged the battery for me after I did the alternator. Battery holds a charge but will not go past 11 volts under load. Checked the voltage on the alternator, not sure if I did it right its reading 27-33 Volts. Anyone have any ideas? I checked all the fuses, replaced the battery terminals and the fuses for the security system were already pulled. Only thing I can think of is maybe voltage regulator/pcm going or a bad ground/connection somewhere I'm not seeing.
Installed the Kolak Ignition Upgrade, new rear glass and hatch struts... Tomorrow, installing the upstream O2 sensor and new power steering pump with metal pulley... Wish the tires weren't new when I bought the 5.9, so I could go buy some 245/75R16 GY Duratracs... Oh well, maybe I'll throw some more $$$ in the tire/wheel fund and get the Black Mamba rims in a couple months as well... Soon it will be 3.5" IRO lift time... It's kinda' amazing how easy, or, tempting/addicting, it is to spend loads of $$$ on these Jeeps... lol It seems like I'm making a new parts list every other week, not because something is broken either, just because....