What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1732 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #25966
Jake_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMatthias View Post
Lotta mods! CRAZY mud! I scoped it but saw no pics of interior bedliner...am I missing something?

@MUN1674 - right on! Keepin those mod'd interiors pourin in! Leather LTD seats with bedliner interior could actually be really *****in in my Blackbird someday... I don't know if I have the cojones to pull that off tho...
It gets easier after a few beers and the egging on of friends.

Plus the old carpet reeking to all hell didnt make the decision any harder.

The worst part is actually getting the carpet out, after that its all prep work.

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #25967
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtarmy1
Going to look at a 98 ZJ Laredo 5.2 Quadratrac with 140K this weekend. Anything watch for on those? Not familiar with the V8 Jeep engines, had a straight 6, sold it and kicking myself in the *** for it now. The guy selling the 5.9 decided he was going to keep it. So no go on that one.
The transfer case. Check the tires for abnormal wear. I can try to get pictures of my tires if you want to know what the tires shouldn't look like.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #25968
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Took out my carpet to let it dry out. I hung it up on my back deck and it had a solid stream of water coming off of it for at least 5 minutes. I have no idea where the water is getting in, but its the most wet right where the hvac comes out under the passenger seat. Is there any possible way water would get in the system?
2013-10-03-19.26.04.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #25969
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Ordered new fender liners from amazon. Hopefully these last longer than the two jy sets
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #25970
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Took out my carpet to let it dry out. I hung it up on my back deck and it had a solid stream of water coming off of it for at least 5 minutes. I have no idea where the water is getting in, but its the most wet right where the hvac comes out under the passenger seat. Is there any possible way water would get in the system?
Your drain is clogged..;/ I used an air compressor and blew out all the hvac lines stopped the leaking for me. But Ive also heard of windshield seals and a number of various cause just have to investigate. On another note I like the remove before flight keychain. You a crewchief?
Unread 10-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #25971
ElCaminoManT
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
use the right seal?
as far as i know, the number on the box matched what timken lists for the D35. whether its the right seal in the box, it fit ok in the housing and the yoke seemed to fit ok when i put it back in. gotta get under for a better look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
The pinion yoke might be messed up someway causing the new seal to instantly tear. I've seen it happen. A new yoke is about $50.
gonna pull the yoke and seal this weekend and see what the deal is. i did not see any wear lines on the yoke when i had it off and was cleaning it up. maybe it snagged the new seal and i didnt catch it, i dunno
1993 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0L/42RE 242 4x4. 3" springs. Front and rear RC tubular lowers. Rusty's adjustable rear uppers. RE double-sheer front track bar. JKS adjustable rear track bar. Bilstein 5100s. 31" Falken Rocky Mountain A/T. 15" Eagle wheels. V8 steering linkage.
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #25972
Jake_A

Quote:
Do I smell bedliner number four?

Unread 10-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #25973
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:

That and getting a new windshield keeps my floor dry now. I thought it was my AC drain so I followed the video only to find it wasn't clogged. I attempted to re-seal the windshield around the edges with silicone to no avail. I eventually bit the bullet and paid for a new windshield. No more leaks.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #25974
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Got around to doing my upper rear control arms, were a bit more annoying than the lowers. Unfortunately while spending time under her I noticed my oil leak seems to have increased. It's dripping from the bell housing but idk if it could be coming from my valve cover (need to eventually replace that gasket with a felpro). The more peculiar problem is coolant leak right above my radiator fan pulley but below where the upper rad hose meats the block.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #25975
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMatthias
Lotta mods! CRAZY mud! I scoped it but saw no pics of interior bedliner...am I missing something? @MUN1674 - right on! Keepin those mod'd interiors pourin in! Leather LTD seats with bedliner interior could actually be really *****in in my Blackbird someday... I don't know if I have the cojones to pull that off tho... Still no leaks in my drive to work today... shop owner said to pull it in & they'll put it up & the hoist & try to point out what they think they saw but honestly, I'm startin to really think they're full of pooooop. Doesn't look like my elec. WJ fan is going to arrive before Saturday, so I guess that mod is another week out.
Here you go
image-1620260256.jpg

image-670648514.jpg

image-1155502503.jpg

Unread 10-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #25976
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Anyone know any info on this 11 blade plastic fan? Pulled it from a 98 5.2 limited at the junkyard.
Is this the "max cooling" option back in the day?
image.jpg  
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #25977
DRUMatthias
1996 ZJ 

V8 is GR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtarmy1 View Post
Going to look at a 98 ZJ Laredo 5.2 Quadratrac with 140K this weekend. Anything watch for on those? Not familiar with the V8 Jeep engines, had a straight 6, sold it and kicking myself in the *** for it now. The guy selling the 5.9 decided he was going to keep it. So no go on that one.
While I'm no fan of Quadratrac (on my 2nd ZJ with it) it can always be swapped for NP242 SelecTrac... something I may move from theory to reality one day.

The transfer case check was a good recommendation. Otherwise, no worries about that Magnum 8 at all, so long as it's had very regular oil changes. The 4.0L I6 is a bullet proof motor but having owned 3 Jeeps with em (2 XJs & my previous ZJ), once I went 318 with my current ZJ nearly a decade ago now, I'd NEVER go back. It's just mated better to a ZJ. I6 was a great motor in a XJ but honestly, was kinda sluggish in my former ZJ, ESPECIALLY on hills. The MPG difference is maybe 2-3MPG lost, max; well worth it, IMO. Best of luck & hope you land it for a great buy!
DRUMatthias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #25978
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Compared to my oem metal fan w a sever duty fan clutch/noise maker haha
image.jpg  
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #25979
DRUMatthias
1996 ZJ 

Well, I pulled it back into the shop this morning, engine bone dry as its been for a week+ now, to see what the hell they're referring to with a leaking H2O pump. The mechanic & I studied it & found some green residue on the bottom of the pump housing on each side of the weep hole, despite no active leak. He thinks that "rubber seals" inside the pump may have temporarily stopped the leak but recommends replacing it for cheap insurance (not cheap on my time tho ). Seeing that, I'm inclined to agree with him & since I'm installing an e-Fan at the same time, I should swap the belt (glazed a bit but not cracked...again cheap insurance) & swap the thermostat out for a 180* to assist the e-fan a bit. Prolly all good ideas, just $$ $$ & more $$ spent. Can't wait til this is all over with.

I think I'm still gonna halve the work & go ahead & do the rear brakes & cold air intake tomorrow... reminds me, I gotta clean that K&N with the K&N cleaner/oil, probably tonight! Then, pump & fan next week, since the damn fan isn't expected to arrive til the end of Next week, despite costing $20 to ship
I'll probably also tackle that set-screw swap or washer bulk-up that goes thru the PCM's heat shield cover behind the overflow tank. 30min. job, max & if it prevents further driveway die out, it'll be well worth it. Better than being stranded or replacing a PCM.

A Jeep's work's never done, as we all know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Here you go
NICE! Thanks. Boy, that brown will hide dirt quite well! Soooo, I gotta ask, besides the wires that hide under the plastic edge trim, what happens to the rest of em (electric seats, anything in the center or on the floor)? Do you just tape em down or...? Seems like it could be a lot of wire exposure once it's bedlined.
DRUMatthias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #25980
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMatthias
Well, I pulled it back into the shop this morning, engine bone dry as its been for a week+ now, to see what the hell they're referring to with a leaking H2O pump. The mechanic & I studied it & found some green residue on the bottom of the pump housing on each side of the weep hole, despite no active leak. He thinks that "rubber seals" inside the pump may have temporarily stopped the leak but recommends replacing it for cheap insurance (not cheap on my time tho ). Seeing that, I'm inclined to agree with him & since I'm installing an e-Fan at the same time, I should swap the belt (glazed a bit but not cracked...again cheap insurance) & swap the thermostat out for a 180* to assist the e-fan a bit. Prolly all good ideas, just $$ $$ & more $$ spent. Can't wait til this is all over with. I think I'm still gonna halve the work & go ahead & do the rear brakes & cold air intake tomorrow... reminds me, I gotta clean that K&N with the K&N cleaner/oil, probably tonight! Then, pump & fan next week, since the damn fan isn't expected to arrive til the end of Next week, despite costing $20 to ship I'll probably also tackle that set-screw swap or washer bulk-up that goes thru the PCM's heat shield cover behind the overflow tank. 30min. job, max & if it prevents further driveway die out, it'll be well worth it. Better than being stranded or replacing a PCM. A Jeep's work's never done, as we all know. NICE! Thanks. Boy, that brown will hide dirt quite well! Soooo, I gotta ask, besides the wires that hide under the plastic edge trim, what happens to the rest of em (electric seats, anything in the center or on the floor)? Do you just tape em down or...? Seems like it could be a lot of wire exposure once it's bedlined.

Most of the wires that are on the floor are for the powered seats. But they are for the most part kept out of the way from being damaged. They run along the metal seat brackets. All the other wires were easily move out of the way and ziptied to a safe spot.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.