What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1726 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #25876
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Picked these bad boys up this morning for $175. They're basically brand new. I guess they were mounted, didn't fit, so they took them off and they've been sitting for a little while, which makes sense cause they're discontinued, and covered in dust. Other than a couple gouges on the back side of 1 rim, and some other very minor scratches on the outside lips of all of them from the tire mounting machine, these things are ****ing mint. They came with brand new lugs, too.

2013-09-28-21.30.01.jpg   2013-09-28-21.30.16.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #25877
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Those are some good looking wheels. And a heck of a deal too
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #25878
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

Finished the install

image-3929259289.jpg

Kimber ZJ Build
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #25879
davigzj
1997 ZJ 

Polka do u need a sitter to take care of your ZJ while gone ?? Just a thought :-)
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #25880
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Drove it to the parts store to make it happy. Got some freon, horns(mine died), new antenna, random electrical junk, and some wobble Allen sockets for the CPS.

Heavy rain in Sugar Land made me discover I have a leaky windshield seam. Never a break.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #25881
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I've gone through that dilemma with my car a couple of times. How long have you owned your ZJ? My car ended up staying both times I thought about selling it because of two reasons. my grandmother gave me the car after My grandfather died; it was his car. I've also owned the car for 9 years and have a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and money into it which I'll never get back.
I've had her a year and a half now. Lots of blood, sweat, and tears, and I figure by now I'm between 4 and 5 grand into her. On top of that, a ZJ was a childhood dream car. It's been something I've loved since day 1. And then there's a real kicker: My dad had an affair with this wonderful woman named Holly, at the end of the 90s, when I was a little kid. Things didn't work out of course (she was also married) but I have only fond memories of her and her family. And her Moss Green Pearl 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. Down to the option, Holly had the same exact Jeep I have, and every time I sit inside of it, I have a small nostalgia trip. It reminds me of good times.

But then I have to ask, how much more money can I spend on this thing before it's just not worth it anymore? I mean, $20,000 to replace everything is right out- I could buy a 2012 Laredo for that. But even as little as $5000 to get it running right again- I'd have no guarantee it'd stay that way, and I just know something small would break and the cycle would repeat. Of course, if I sell it, with some work, my best estimate is I can get 3k out of her. And that's with a few hundred dollars more work and parts. I'm gonna end up severely tits-up on this financially, no matter what. If I sell it, I'm gonna be heartbroken at losing my baby, but if I keep it I'm gonna be constantly stricken with worry about the next thing that breaks and having the money to keep it running. I'm already losing enough sleep as it is.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #25882
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Why not sell this one and invest in one with fewer issues?

My build thread- [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/98zjltds-build-thread-1557637/[/url]
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #25883
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Or just rip that motor and trans out and just slowly rebuild it
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #25884
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Why not sell this one and invest in one with fewer issues?
At this point all that's holding me back from that is the enormous amount of money I'd lose doing that, and my emotional attachment to THIS PARTICULAR ZJ.

Don't get me wrong- no matter what, I'm staying a ZJ guy. If I sell Cheyenne I'll eventually get another ZJ. Just a matter of when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Or just rip that motor and trans out and just slowly rebuild it
The problem is, mechanically, the motor and trans are perfect. Except for a small piston slap in one cylinder, there are no issues mechanically. The problem is the electronics, but I've gone through everything electronic on that Jeep at least once, and the problem persists. And my concern is, unless I replace everything in that Jeep, I'll have no real assurance that something won't just randomly fail on me for no reason. The other problem is, I don't have time, money, or space to rebuild it anyway.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #25885
David97
1995 ZJ 

Finally maxed my suspension with sway bars disconnected.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using JeepForum
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #25886
DRUMatthias
1996 ZJ 

Purchased Blackbird's 3rd water pump in 6 years with less than 50K miles driven in that entire time. This time it's a new FMI one. No more reman'd crap even with a lifetime warranty not honored without a receipt :/

Due to this endeavor, I also got completely fed up with my 100% engaged-all-the-time clutch fan & purchased a thermostat relay & inline fuse box to FINALLY undertake the e fan conversion while I have everything ripped apart.

Considering HHR fan now that I read thru Josef's posts but I gotta say I like the way a stock WJ fan can fit right into my ZJ's clutch fan shroud... Coverage is prolly similar inches-wise but I no nothing about the differences in amp draw & either way the N'Denso 90amp alternator is prolly gonna need a swap now (running 600 watts, 6-channels over 2 amplifiers stereo for 9 years & still tests totally fine as of 3 days ago).

If anyone knows the amperage draw & inline fuse set up differences between installing a WJ fan Vs. This groovy HHR fan setup, please let me know what's best & I'll make sure to head in the right direction as I gotta take care of this ASAP with the profundity of the leak. -__-
DRUMatthias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #25887
kbranderhorst
1998 ZJ 

today i found out that the blower motor resistors on jeeps with auto air are fricken exspensive any one know where to get a cheap one also need the wiring connector
kbranderhorst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #25888
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbranderhorst View Post
today i found out that the blower motor resistors on jeeps with auto air are fricken exspensive any one know where to get a cheap one also need the wiring connector
j/y
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #25889
98ZJLTD
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
At this point all that's holding me back from that is the enormous amount of money I'd lose doing that, and my emotional attachment to THIS PARTICULAR ZJ.
I hear ya man I was in a similar situation last year when it came down to either getting rid of the zj or my hot rod. In the end the hot rod went because the zj was more practical eventhough I had been driving the hot rod as a daily driver for some time with no issues. It was hard to do because I had more than 10 years worth of blood sweat and tears into that thing not to mention most of my wrenching know how came from working on that truck. It was nowhere near finished but it was worth way more to me than what I could have ever gotten for it. Ill have another one some day but it will never mean as much to me as that ol Studebaker pickup did.

My build thread- [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/98zjltds-build-thread-1557637/[/url]
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #25890
David97
1995 ZJ 

Removed my front bumper cover in preparation of my RC winch plate arriving tomorrow. SO had to relocate my lightbar to the roof. Also got a set of dually lights that should be here Wednesday. So Thursday when I have off, will be a pretty productive day.

David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.