What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1723 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #25831
Bullwinkle_98ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Installed new fuel pump. All the engine problems disappeared. Running great now.

Tomorrow............headliner, thermostat, and steering damper.

Bullwinkle_98ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #25832
98ZJLTD
Your moms favorite Jeeper

1998 ZJ 

Installed the new track bar unibody end I received from IRO along with the new bushings and bolt and got er all dialed in. Back to feelin kinda loose, didn't get any DW but she feels like she could go if I hit a bimp just right. Think I'm gonna replace my UCA bushings this weekend since those are the only thing up front that hasn't been replaced.

I did some research on changing the UCA bushings, however all I'm finding is how to remove them which wasn't really my major concern. Does anyone have a good link, or advice on how to install them other than just throw them in the freezer over night?

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #25833
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock1926 View Post
Painted my soft 8's. Gun metal gray with metallic, then added a hunter green ring around them. In person the after the clear coat dried the green turned out to be really close to the body color of the jeep. Gonna give them a day or two before I put them on the jeep.
those look really good man

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #25834
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Installed the new track bar unibody end I received from IRO along with the new bushings and bolt and got er all dialed in. Back to feelin kinda loose, didn't get any DW but she feels like she could go if I hit a bimp just right. Think I'm gonna replace my UCA bushings this weekend since those are the only thing up front that hasn't been replaced.

I did some research on changing the UCA bushings, however all I'm finding is how to remove them which wasn't really my major concern. Does anyone have a good link, or advice on how to install them other than just throw them in the freezer over night?
I did mine when I did my lift a couple years ago now. It was a frigid February day so I left them outside while I worked on other things in a "heated" garage. If I recall correctly, they almost went in on their own. I think I might have used a c-clamp and a couple of sockets to get them in. I think I've read about some people using soap to lube them up a little, too. In fact, I may have done that as well. It was an incredibly long day when I did my lift since it was finished in one day. A lot of it is a blur now.
Unread 09-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #25835
noodles5124

New starter...now it starts before I can take my hand off the key
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #25836
98ZJLTD
Your moms favorite Jeeper

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

I did mine when I did my lift a couple years ago now. It was a frigid February day so I left them outside while I worked on other things in a "heated" garage. If I recall correctly, they almost went in on their own. I think I might have used a c-clamp and a couple of sockets to get them in. I think I've read about some people using soap to lube them up a little, too. In fact, I may have done that as well. It was an incredibly long day when I did my lift since it was finished in one day. A lot of it is a blur now.
Right on thanks for the info! I was thinkin something along the lines of sockets and a c clamp but wasn't sure how well it would work. Ill give that a go.

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #25837
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Drove it to work this morning for the first time in a few weeks. Went to turn on the heater and got nothing but a burning smell and dimming lights

Hopefully it's just the connector that finally decided to nuke itself.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #25838
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Started to drive it to school. It ate its 5th muffler since I've owned it. So, it's getting parked. Indefinitely.

The Jeep will be sitting until I can afford to rebuild and replace just about everything. I've gone over the dirty dozen, every single item, at least once. Three times for PCMs. So I'm just gonna go through and replace everything, at whatever that costs me. I may not drive this Jeep again for a couple years.

The new project list includes:
Engine rebuild
Remanufactured trans
T-case rebuild
Front axle rebuild and regear
8.8 rear axle and locker
New exhaust
Replace all suspension components
New fuel system
All new fuel injection components (Mopar only)
All new brakes, including repair/replace ABS controller
New tires
All new front lights
Professional repaint
Reupholstered headliner

It's going to cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to do all of this. It's going to take a few years of doing nothing but, before all of that is done, at the current pace. I'm seriously considering dropping out of school and doing something practical with my life, rather than pursuing an empty business degree for another 4 years. I don't yet know what's going to happen. Just that I have plans for what I need, and a big empty spot in my heart because as much as I love this damned Jeep, nothing I've done so far has made it even consider for a second to just keep working, and everyone I know, literally everyone, is constantly telling me to sell it for scrap. And I just can't do that. She's my baby, and I can't just get rid of my baby.

With that said, you probably won't be seeing me for awhile. Between school, work, and not doing anything with my ZJ, I just don't have time or reason to be on anymore. So, until then guys.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #25839
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Sanded and painted my iro tcase skid with chassis saver along with a few other odds and ends in prep for winter
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #25840
martymars

Started the fun task of rocker panel rust repair...

martymars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #25841
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post

For control arm bushing replacement, check this out!!!:

Unread 09-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #25842
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Started to drive it to school. It ate its 5th muffler since I've owned it. So, it's getting parked. Indefinitely.

The Jeep will be sitting until I can afford to rebuild and replace just about everything. I've gone over the dirty dozen, every single item, at least once. Three times for PCMs. So I'm just gonna go through and replace everything, at whatever that costs me. I may not drive this Jeep again for a couple years.

The new project list includes:
Engine rebuild
Remanufactured trans
T-case rebuild
Front axle rebuild and regear
8.8 rear axle and locker
New exhaust
Replace all suspension components
New fuel system
All new fuel injection components (Mopar only)
All new brakes, including repair/replace ABS controller
New tires
All new front lights
Professional repaint
Reupholstered headliner

It's going to cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to do all of this. It's going to take a few years of doing nothing but, before all of that is done, at the current pace. I'm seriously considering dropping out of school and doing something practical with my life, rather than pursuing an empty business degree for another 4 years. I don't yet know what's going to happen. Just that I have plans for what I need, and a big empty spot in my heart because as much as I love this damned Jeep, nothing I've done so far has made it even consider for a second to just keep working, and everyone I know, literally everyone, is constantly telling me to sell it for scrap. And I just can't do that. She's my baby, and I can't just get rid of my baby.

With that said, you probably won't be seeing me for awhile. Between school, work, and not doing anything with my ZJ, I just don't have time or reason to be on anymore. So, until then guys.
Damn dude, that sucks your having so many problems with it! I hope some things work out a little better for ya though!

Ot: tossed in my 2wd cubby i got free at the pull a part guy didn't charge me since i was there getting other stuff i guess he didn't really care.

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #25843
David97
1995 ZJ 

Gave her a bath. Bought a new battery and terminals. As well as bought some things to relocate my lightbar to the roof. Since my winch plate will be here Monday, it has to get moved.
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #25844
CGlaser
1998 ZJ 

Bought her tires
Unread 09-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #25845
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Today I,
Stabbed my VIC,
With a knife.
Repeatedly.
It broke.
The VIC, not my knife.
**** you.
Die.
I hate your face.
**** you.

end

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.