What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1723 - JeepForum.com
 242Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #25831 of 47947 Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Bullwinkle_98ZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 57
Installed new fuel pump. All the engine problems disappeared. Running great now.

Tomorrow............headliner, thermostat, and steering damper.

Bullwinkle_98ZJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #25832 of 47947 Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 PM
98ZJLTD
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
Installed the new track bar unibody end I received from IRO along with the new bushings and bolt and got er all dialed in. Back to feelin kinda loose, didn't get any DW but she feels like she could go if I hit a bimp just right. Think I'm gonna replace my UCA bushings this weekend since those are the only thing up front that hasn't been replaced.

I did some research on changing the UCA bushings, however all I'm finding is how to remove them which wasn't really my major concern. Does anyone have a good link, or advice on how to install them other than just throw them in the freezer over night?

98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
98ZJLTD is offline  
post #25833 of 47947 Old 09-26-2013, 09:48 PM
riot1987
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock1926 View Post
Painted my soft 8's. Gun metal gray with metallic, then added a hunter green ring around them. In person the after the clear coat dried the green turned out to be really close to the body color of the jeep. Gonna give them a day or two before I put them on the jeep.
those look really good man


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline  
 
post #25834 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 04:02 AM
ejschultz
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Installed the new track bar unibody end I received from IRO along with the new bushings and bolt and got er all dialed in. Back to feelin kinda loose, didn't get any DW but she feels like she could go if I hit a bimp just right. Think I'm gonna replace my UCA bushings this weekend since those are the only thing up front that hasn't been replaced.

I did some research on changing the UCA bushings, however all I'm finding is how to remove them which wasn't really my major concern. Does anyone have a good link, or advice on how to install them other than just throw them in the freezer over night?
I did mine when I did my lift a couple years ago now. It was a frigid February day so I left them outside while I worked on other things in a "heated" garage. If I recall correctly, they almost went in on their own. I think I might have used a c-clamp and a couple of sockets to get them in. I think I've read about some people using soap to lube them up a little, too. In fact, I may have done that as well. It was an incredibly long day when I did my lift since it was finished in one day. A lot of it is a blur now.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Xenon flat flares, LoD front bumper, Tuff Stuff rear bumper, RH4X4 sliders, 33" STT Pros on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #25835 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 04:50 AM
noodles5124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: danbury
Posts: 723
New starter...now it starts before I can take my hand off the key
noodles5124 is offline  
post #25836 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 07:41 AM
98ZJLTD
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

I did mine when I did my lift a couple years ago now. It was a frigid February day so I left them outside while I worked on other things in a "heated" garage. If I recall correctly, they almost went in on their own. I think I might have used a c-clamp and a couple of sockets to get them in. I think I've read about some people using soap to lube them up a little, too. In fact, I may have done that as well. It was an incredibly long day when I did my lift since it was finished in one day. A lot of it is a blur now.
Right on thanks for the info! I was thinkin something along the lines of sockets and a c clamp but wasn't sure how well it would work. Ill give that a go.

98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
98ZJLTD is offline  
post #25837 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Jeeples
Moderator
 
Jeeples's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/
Posts: 6,928
Drove it to work this morning for the first time in a few weeks. Went to turn on the heater and got nothing but a burning smell and dimming lights

Hopefully it's just the connector that finally decided to nuke itself.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep19 View Post
It is what Jeeples has *PARTIALLY* stated.
Jeeples is offline  
post #25838 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 AM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
2016 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,723
Started to drive it to school. It ate its 5th muffler since I've owned it. So, it's getting parked. Indefinitely.

The Jeep will be sitting until I can afford to rebuild and replace just about everything. I've gone over the dirty dozen, every single item, at least once. Three times for PCMs. So I'm just gonna go through and replace everything, at whatever that costs me. I may not drive this Jeep again for a couple years.

The new project list includes:
Engine rebuild
Remanufactured trans
T-case rebuild
Front axle rebuild and regear
8.8 rear axle and locker
New exhaust
Replace all suspension components
New fuel system
All new fuel injection components (Mopar only)
All new brakes, including repair/replace ABS controller
New tires
All new front lights
Professional repaint
Reupholstered headliner

It's going to cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to do all of this. It's going to take a few years of doing nothing but, before all of that is done, at the current pace. I'm seriously considering dropping out of school and doing something practical with my life, rather than pursuing an empty business degree for another 4 years. I don't yet know what's going to happen. Just that I have plans for what I need, and a big empty spot in my heart because as much as I love this damned Jeep, nothing I've done so far has made it even consider for a second to just keep working, and everyone I know, literally everyone, is constantly telling me to sell it for scrap. And I just can't do that. She's my baby, and I can't just get rid of my baby.

With that said, you probably won't be seeing me for awhile. Between school, work, and not doing anything with my ZJ, I just don't have time or reason to be on anymore. So, until then guys.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #25839 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 01:07 PM
roughknight69
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jamestown ny
Posts: 1,904
Sanded and painted my iro tcase skid with chassis saver along with a few other odds and ends in prep for winter

Build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
roughknight69 is offline  
post #25840 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 01:43 PM
martymars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: mississauga
Posts: 189
Started the fun task of rocker panel rust repair...



martymars is offline  
post #25841 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Installed the new track bar unibody end I received from IRO along with the new bushings and bolt and got er all dialed in. Back to feelin kinda loose, didn't get any DW but she feels like she could go if I hit a bimp just right. Think I'm gonna replace my UCA bushings this weekend since those are the only thing up front that hasn't been replaced.

I did some research on changing the UCA bushings, however all I'm finding is how to remove them which wasn't really my major concern. Does anyone have a good link, or advice on how to install them other than just throw them in the freezer over night?
For control arm bushing replacement, check this out!!!:


'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
'95 V8 ZJ Limited, '97 4.0L ZJ TSi
'96 4.0L 2wd XJ, '88 4.2L YJ
Maine1994ZJ is offline  
post #25842 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Myusername1674
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Started to drive it to school. It ate its 5th muffler since I've owned it. So, it's getting parked. Indefinitely.

The Jeep will be sitting until I can afford to rebuild and replace just about everything. I've gone over the dirty dozen, every single item, at least once. Three times for PCMs. So I'm just gonna go through and replace everything, at whatever that costs me. I may not drive this Jeep again for a couple years.

The new project list includes:
Engine rebuild
Remanufactured trans
T-case rebuild
Front axle rebuild and regear
8.8 rear axle and locker
New exhaust
Replace all suspension components
New fuel system
All new fuel injection components (Mopar only)
All new brakes, including repair/replace ABS controller
New tires
All new front lights
Professional repaint
Reupholstered headliner

It's going to cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to do all of this. It's going to take a few years of doing nothing but, before all of that is done, at the current pace. I'm seriously considering dropping out of school and doing something practical with my life, rather than pursuing an empty business degree for another 4 years. I don't yet know what's going to happen. Just that I have plans for what I need, and a big empty spot in my heart because as much as I love this damned Jeep, nothing I've done so far has made it even consider for a second to just keep working, and everyone I know, literally everyone, is constantly telling me to sell it for scrap. And I just can't do that. She's my baby, and I can't just get rid of my baby.

With that said, you probably won't be seeing me for awhile. Between school, work, and not doing anything with my ZJ, I just don't have time or reason to be on anymore. So, until then guys.
Damn dude, that sucks your having so many problems with it! I hope some things work out a little better for ya though!

Ot: tossed in my 2wd cubby i got free at the pull a part guy didn't charge me since i was there getting other stuff i guess he didn't really care.



Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

95 FiveTwo ZJ, DD, Lifted, Locked on 35s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(in progress)



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Myusername1674 is offline  
post #25843 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 03:47 PM
David97
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin Dells
Posts: 468
Gave her a bath. Bought a new battery and terminals. As well as bought some things to relocate my lightbar to the roof. Since my winch plate will be here Monday, it has to get moved.
David97 is offline  
post #25844 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 03:54 PM
CGlaser
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 341
Bought her tires

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-zj-slow-build-1484672/
CGlaser is offline  
post #25845 of 47947 Old 09-27-2013, 04:18 PM
riot1987
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,047
Today I,
Stabbed my VIC,
With a knife.
Repeatedly.
It broke.
The VIC, not my knife.
**** you.
Die.
I hate your face.
**** you.


















end


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
HighLonesome
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 45 12-20-2016 08:08 PM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 12-20-2016 08:05 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome