What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1709 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Reply
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #25621
Jake_A
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: holbrook, New York
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
I actually quite like that. You paint it yourself? What kind of paint?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/o...stion-1586577/

__________________
Build thread -http://tinyurl.com/kpw9qx2
Jake_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #25622
AmishFury
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 493
i did this

AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #25623
JeepNicholson
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Burbank, OH
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post
i did this
Nice!
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #25624
zjforlife
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 325
Well yesterday was a long day I welded my magnaflow muffler on in school (love the deep tone) and going to work leaving a publix parking lot got sideswiped and hit going to work my rocker panel is pretty messed up the door doesn't open and unfortunately it was my fault so no new mods for the zj now just gotta fix my dent and pay my insurance payment here's a pic of the damage fortunately I goto school for auto body going to fix it there
zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #25625
zjforlife
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 325
image-3751300330.jpg



image-2347895492.jpg
zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #25626
rlcii77
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Middleport, Ohio
Posts: 255
Picked up the fitting so I can remove the check valve in the transmission line, going to connect the auxiliary cooler at that time too... Will be ordering Bilstein shocks, an ignition tuneup/upgrade kit and flowkooler water pump from Nick very soon... Will be replacing the cam seal, the timing set with a double-roller chain and add the chain tensioner during the water pump install... Debating on the use of Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers on my stock 9'er rims...
__________________
'94 Limited ZJ (CRUSHED, kept the 5.2L, 46RH & 249 TC)
'96 Orvis ZJ
'98 Slate 5.9 ZJ (DD)
rlcii77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #25627
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler
 
Myusername1674's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 2,098
So I put my 231 back together yesterday, but I think I did something wrong. The main shaft for some reason isn't sticking far enough out of the tailshaft, this makes it so that I can't get the snap ring on the end. I also can't get the gears to switch to 2wd.

Guess I'm gonna be tearing back down the 231 for a re-do... :
__________________
95 ZJ, Build in progress
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #25628
98ZJLTD
Your moms favorite Jeeper
 
98ZJLTD's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
So I put my 231 back together yesterday, but I think I did something wrong. The main shaft for some reason isn't sticking far enough out of the tailshaft, this makes it so that I can't get the snap ring on the end. I also can't get the gears to switch to 2wd.

Guess I'm gonna be tearing back down the 231 for a re-do... :
Did you use the NP231 service manual that's available in pirate4x4? I had the same problem when I was putting mine back together and it turned out I didn't have everything in the right order. I went to the last page in that service manual and it helped me get it all dialed in. I also waited til I got everything lined up properly, and could tell that I was going to be able to get all the snap rings back in their places before I started putting RTV in the mix. That helped avoid a mess, and made things a little easier to put together without the worry of having to take it apart again.
__________________
98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #25629
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler
 
Myusername1674's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post

Did you use the NP231 service manual that's available in pirate4x4? I had the same problem when I was putting mine back together and it turned out I didn't have everything in the right order. I went to the last page in that service manual and it helped me get it all dialed in. I also waited til I got everything lined up properly, and could tell that I was going to be able to get all the snap rings back in their places before I started putting RTV in the mix. That helped avoid a mess, and made things a little easier to put together without the worry of having to take it apart again.
Ah that would have helped, i tried to find something like that to help me but no success. After looking at some pictures, i think i put the oil pump on the wrong side of the case half. It's supposed to go on the outside isn't it? I put mine on the inside...

I'll tear it down and try again, at least it gave me more rtv-ing practice, i usually avoid rtv as i tend to make a mess with it. Hahah

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

Edit: Found the service manual, I'll use it and try again.
__________________
95 ZJ, Build in progress
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #25630
98ZJLTD
Your moms favorite Jeeper
 
98ZJLTD's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post

Ah that would have helped, i tried to find something like that to help me but no success. After looking at some pictures, i think i put the oil pump on the wrong side of the case half. It's supposed to go on the outside isn't it? I put mine on the inside...

I'll tear it down and try again, at least it gave me more rtv-ing practice, i usually avoid rtv as i tend to make a mess with it. Hahah

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

Edit: Found the service manual, I'll use it and try again.
Yes it goes on the out side of the rear case half inside the rear retainer. Haha I have the same issue with RTV, seems like everytime I use it its all over the place lol.
__________________
98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #25631
noodles5124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: danbury, ct
Posts: 681
Did an inspection of the rear control arms...time for adjustables

image-2410312979.jpg
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #25632
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler
 
Myusername1674's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post
Did an inspection of the rear control arms...time for adjustables

Attachment 688513
Daaamn! I'd be scared to drive on that... hahah yes adjustables.

In better spirits now, got that 231 done. I somehow manged to crack the tube of rtv open, that made my messyness even worse. hahah Just needs a rear seal, some fluid and then it's ready for install!

__________________
95 ZJ, Build in progress
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #25633
JeepNicholson
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Burbank, OH
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post
Did an inspection of the rear control arms...time for adjustables
That's about what mine look like. Gotta do them soon. I even bought the new bolts for them months ago!
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #25634
98ZJLTD
Your moms favorite Jeeper
 
98ZJLTD's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post

Daaamn! I'd be scared to drive on that... hahah yes adjustables.

In better spirits now, got that 231 done. I somehow manged to crack the tube of rtv open, that made my messyness even worse. hahah Just needs a rear seal, some fluid and then it's ready for install!
Gotta say I kinda like the look of the painted rear case. I was thinking about doing mine before install, but couldn't decide what color to go with since i dont have any accent colors anywhere else on mine. Did you decide if you're going to replace that oil slinger or are you gonna wing it?
__________________
98 ZJ Limited- NP231 swap, IRO 4.5 inch Springs, Hydro Shocks, IRO adjustable double shear track bar, JKS quick discos 33x12.50 Kumho Road Venture MT on 15x8 D windows with 3.75 inch BS

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1557637/
98ZJLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #25635
Jeeples
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/, UT
Posts: 4,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
Gotta say I kinda like the look of the painted rear case.
Ditto. My ZJ is Char Gold II, so I think I might go with olive drab on the rear half of the case.
__________________
His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- stock

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.