Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#34,061 ·
Where'd you get the idea that he was from Texas? He's from St. Petersburg, Florida. (Hence the 600mi trip north into Georgia) Man, they really are bad at geography in Tennessee. I blame all the inbreeding, personally. :laugh:
I was thinking about texas and how ignorant it is and how every time i go to texas something happens to me. Tn is too far south for inbreeding. You need to go up to "Kintucky" for your brother porking your mom or sister. Im on mobile anyway and dont know where hes from. I was actually head of my class in geography when i was in basic training thank you very much.

Sent from the mtns of TN using JeepForum

#34,063 ·
Bearings and diff fluid

Swapped the front wheel bearing hub assemblies with "Pro" parts off of Rock Auto.

Changed out the differential fluid on the front and rear to find the front was almost dry, with scorching on the gears but otherwise was fine. The rear diff had some chips / marring on the spider gears.

I think it's a Dana 35. From what I've read I think it may be possible to swap the spider gears without having to remove the carrier. I should be able to remove the retaining pin, the center pin, spin the carrier and remove / replace the spider gears.

If I'm way off on that please PM me.

:tea:

#34,064 ·
Where'd you get the idea that he was from Texas? He's from St. Petersburg, Florida. (Hence the 600mi trip north into Georgia) Man, they really are bad at geography in Tennessee. I blame all the inbreeding, personally. :laugh:
I'm from TN and i'm terrible at Geography, but i blame that on never taking it

Sent from somewhere besides my computer

#34,066 ·
I was thinking about texas and how ignorant it is and how every time i go to texas something happens to me. Tn is too far south for inbreeding. You need to go up to "Kintucky" for your brother porking your mom or sister. Im on mobile anyway and dont know where hes from. I was actually head of my class in geography when i was in basic training thank you very much.

You obviously weren't head of your grammar class. Or maybe you were, and that's an even scarier prospect for the nation. (Or at least your state)

Still, if you'd read the post at all, and you knew anything about US geography, you'd know that Georgia is not 600mi north of Texas. :rofl: You're just trying to pick fights.

Anyway, I've almost got this bike running well enough to park the Jeep for upgrades and maintenance. That'll be good.

#34,067 ·
You obviously weren't head of your grammar class. Or maybe you were, and that's an even scarier prospect for the nation. (Or at least your state)

Still, if you'd read the post at all, and you knew anything about US geography, you'd know that Georgia is not 600mi north of Texas. :rofl: You're just trying to pick fights.

Anyway, I've almost got this bike running well enough to park the Jeep for upgrades and maintenance. That'll be good.
Technically speaking, Georgia is north of Texas. Its just northeast. It very well could be 600 mi away depending on where you were at in Texas. If i wanted to pick a fight, you would know it. It would be like another platinum fight but 10 times better.

#34,069 ·
The trip between the two closest towns to each other in Texas and Georgia is about 600 miles. And basically entirely eastbound, with a fairly short jaunt on a northeast vector. Give it up dude. You just wanted to make a disparaging remark about Texas.

Also, I wouldn't say Georgia is any better than Texas in any regard. My mom's from there and the only differences I've seen are fewer Mexicans, more black people, and more difficult to comprehend accents. That, and coke means Coca Cola there.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with this Niner. I can't afford to have the machine work done to the block and head to put them back together properly, and I don't have a good place to pull the engine anyway. I'd like to put its front axle into the Orvis, but same problem. I've been holding off on doing the Orvis's brakes until I got the axle swapped, but I don't know if that's happening at this rate. Any ideas?

#34,071 ·
SchizophrenicMC said:
The trip between the two closest towns to each other in Texas and Georgia is about 600 miles. And basically entirely eastbound, with a fairly short jaunt on a northeast vector. Give it up dude. You just wanted to make a disparaging remark about Texas.

Also, I wouldn't say Georgia is any better than Texas in any regard. My mom's from there and the only differences I've seen are fewer Mexicans, more black people, and more difficult to comprehend accents. That, and coke means Coca Cola there.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with this Niner. I can't afford to have the machine work done to the block and head to put them back together properly, and I don't have a good place to pull the engine anyway. I'd like to put its front axle into the Orvis, but same problem. I've been holding off on doing the Orvis's brakes until I got the axle swapped, but I don't know if that's happening at this rate. Any ideas?
Sounds like a lot of work. Maybe you should just give it to me instead. :laugh:

Also, the Texas panhandle is farther north than any part of Georgia.

#34,072 ·

Find somewhere to store the niner for now, swap the axle into the Orvis. When you have the money, get it a new front axle, pull the motor, fix/upgrade it a bit and put the thing back together.

#34,074 ·

I do believe you have us here in Kentucky confused with those folks from West Virginia.

You all down there in TN prefer to limit it to just Cousin from what i hear. We prefer to look for a date outside of the family reunion :cheers2:

meanwhile, I received the rest of my spark plugs in the mail today so now i can do my planned tune up

#34,076 ·
Yeah, I think texas is asleep and the rest of the mods don't go in the ZJ section.

#34,077 ·
gave jeep said tune up. bye bye Champions in favor of NGK's. yes, yes i know "champions" are king of all jeep Spark plugs but IMO you can't beat an NGK

#34,078 ·
I do believe you have us here in Kentucky confused with those folks from West Virginia.

You all down there in TN prefer to limit it to just Cousin from what i hear. We prefer to look for a date outside of the family reunion :cheers2:

meanwhile, I received the rest of my spark plugs in the mail today so now i can do my planned tune up
I never said what part of kentucky. When i wemt to padukah, it was crazy. I have never seen the people there from anywhere that i have ever been and i have been all over the world and country. Georgia does have a lot of blacks and not nearly the amount of mexicans like texas does. I think my while deal with texas is that is where my backstabbing two timing ex wife is from who is trying everyway to sunday to take my daughter from me.

#34,079 ·
I never said what part of kentucky. When i wemt to padukah, it was crazy. I have never seen the people there from anywhere that i have ever been and i have been all over the world and country. Georgia does have a lot of blacks and not nearly the amount of mexicans like texas does. I think my while deal with texas is that is where my backstabbing two timing ex wife is from who is trying everyway to sunday to take my daughter from me.

good enough reason to not be a fan IMO