What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1676 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #25126
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

It wasn't today, but I haven't been on in a few days.
Got my 231 transplanted where my 249 used to be, plus I wired up everything for my Niner e-fan!
I would have put the fan in, but I can't get that humongous nut loose that attaches the damn school bus fan to the water pump pulley....

Unread 08-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #25127
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
It wasn't today, but I haven't been on in a few days.
Got my 231 transplanted where my 249 used to be, plus I wired up everything for my Niner e-fan!
I would have put the fan in, but I can't get that humongous nut loose that attaches the damn school bus fan to the water pump pulley....
get some 1/4 or 5/16 bolts ( dont remember they fit kinda loose though ) to go in the w/p holes and a clutch fan removal rental tool set

takes like 30 seconds with the right stuff
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #25128
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Replaces my rear ca's today and later on installing my 4.5 in coils
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #25129
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

She's getting aligned as I type. Everything looked tight underneath. Also ran her through the Blue Beacon wash to clean her up, then maybe a detail this afternoon.
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #25130
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Dropped her off at the shop for an alignment and to install my magnaflow cat.
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #25131
Pierre_r

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Took my "new" hood and cut some holes in it.

Then put these on:

And then i replaced my old rusted hood with the new one:
Pierre_r is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #25132
1fatskizz

285-7516 Amp Terrain Masters, 15X8 Ion Style 171's with -5mm offset...
zj-tires.jpg   zj-tires-2.jpg  
1fatskizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #25133
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Drove it.....so i could work on the anti-jeep.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #25134
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Finally finished my lift and got an alignment!
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #25135
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Had my Super 44 installed, then drove it quite a bit today around town. Something started rattling a little bit after driving it today, so I'm probably going to get it looked at by the shop who installed it.
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #25136
rbrweb
1996 ZJ 

Sensor And ECM inspection because of the stall thing.

Today I inspectioned the tps and the csps and the EPC as well, my ZJ stalls today, i have changed the fuel pump etc. finally i found out that i have a bad ECM, just bought it and will get installed monday.
rbrweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #25137
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Bought a second set of tires. Gonna put these on my second set of wheels and use them in the winter.

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #25138
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
get some 1/4 or 5/16 bolts ( dont remember they fit kinda loose though ) to go in the w/p holes and a clutch fan removal rental tool set

takes like 30 seconds with the right stuff
Tried to do this and dropped a 1/4-20 behind the pulley. Now, when I finally get the clutch off, I have to remove the pulley too to get that bolt. I talked with a mechanic buddy about it today though and another option is hitting the nut with an air chisel. According to him, that's the only way to do it quickly and easily and it works every time. I'm borrowing an air chisel to see how well it actually works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Bought a second set of tires. Gonna put these on my second set of wheels and use them in the winter.

You'll like them. I love my Duratracs.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #25139
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Drove it to North Richland Hills (a drive of about 25 miles) to pick up a bike for a project I'm working on. About 15 miles in, my new steering damper let go and I was wobbling all over the place. She wouldn't stay steady for longer than 500 feet. On top of that, my cooling system decided it didn't work as well as it needed to and the Jeep started running hot. I was able to keep it from overheating, through tactical use of the heater, but that shouldn't be happening. Also, whenever the temperature exceeds 215, the oil pressure drops to 0 at idle. Like, not 10, not 15, 0. Gotta look into that.

And then, all the wobbling tore up one of my swaybar link balljoints and the boots on both the knuckle ball joints have split.

So I'm basically looking at doing a full steering overhaul. New bushings for everything, new drag link, new tie rod, upsized track bar, new steering damper, all on top of the new steering box and inner tie rod end I put in. So I'm looking at a bit over $500 for all the stuff I need and want to do, all told. And then, of course, fixing the alignment. I've got 2.25" of lift, any suggestions for additional front suspension and steering type parts I might want to throw in while I'm blowing my last red cent?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #25140
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Drove it to North Richland Hills (a drive of about 25 miles) to pick up a bike for a project I'm working on. About 15 miles in, my new steering damper let go and I was wobbling all over the place. She wouldn't stay steady for longer than 500 feet. On top of that, my cooling system decided it didn't work as well as it needed to and the Jeep started running hot. I was able to keep it from overheating, through tactical use of the heater, but that shouldn't be happening. Also, whenever the temperature exceeds 215, the oil pressure drops to 0 at idle. Like, not 10, not 15, 0. Gotta look into that.

And then, all the wobbling tore up one of my swaybar link balljoints and the boots on both the knuckle ball joints have split.

So I'm basically looking at doing a full steering overhaul. New bushings for everything, new drag link, new tie rod, upsized track bar, new steering damper, all on top of the new steering box and inner tie rod end I put in. So I'm looking at a bit over $500 for all the stuff I need and want to do, all told. And then, of course, fixing the alignment. I've got 2.25" of lift, any suggestions for additional front suspension and steering type parts I might want to throw in while I'm blowing my last red cent?
Control arm bushings may be causing some of the problem as well.

Losing the stabilizer wouldn't cause that much wobble if everything was good/decent.

So I suggest control arm bushing and trackbar or your problem will likely return.
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.