What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1676 - JeepForum.com
 64Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #25126 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 845
It wasn't today, but I haven't been on in a few days.
Got my 231 transplanted where my 249 used to be, plus I wired up everything for my Niner e-fan!
I would have put the fan in, but I can't get that humongous nut loose that attaches the damn school bus fan to the water pump pulley....


'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
'95 V8 ZJ Limited, '97 4.0L ZJ TSi
'96 4.0L 2wd XJ, '88 4.2L YJ
Maine1994ZJ is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #25127 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 08:09 AM
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
It wasn't today, but I haven't been on in a few days.
Got my 231 transplanted where my 249 used to be, plus I wired up everything for my Niner e-fan!
I would have put the fan in, but I can't get that humongous nut loose that attaches the damn school bus fan to the water pump pulley....
get some 1/4 or 5/16 bolts ( dont remember they fit kinda loose though ) to go in the w/p holes and a clutch fan removal rental tool set

takes like 30 seconds with the right stuff

97 zj orvis/04 wj ltd
970001zj is offline  
post #25128 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 09:06 AM
roughknight69
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jamestown ny
Posts: 1,904
Replaces my rear ca's today and later on installing my 4.5 in coils
roughknight69 is offline  
post #25129 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 09:17 AM
EndIsNear
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 657
She's getting aligned as I type. Everything looked tight underneath. Also ran her through the Blue Beacon wash to clean her up, then maybe a detail this afternoon.
EndIsNear is offline  
post #25130 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 801
Dropped her off at the shop for an alignment and to install my magnaflow cat.

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #25131 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Pierre_r
Senior Member
 
Pierre_r's Avatar
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 908
Took my "new" hood and cut some holes in it.

Then put these on:

And then i replaced my old rusted hood with the new one:
Pierre_r is offline  
post #25132 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 03:52 PM
1fatskizz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 22
285-7516 Amp Terrain Masters, 15X8 Ion Style 171's with -5mm offset...
Attached Thumbnails
ZJ tires.jpg   zj tires 2.jpg  
1fatskizz is offline  
post #25133 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 06:15 PM
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget
 
underpowered's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: northern kentucky
Posts: 3,036
Drove it.....so i could work on the anti-jeep.

1998 ZJ-- lowered a touch

2005 GMC 2500HD 496 C.I.

Fat Amy-1989 K5 blazer. Linked, lifted, 38.5's on won tons. Big Girls can play in the woods too.
underpowered is offline  
post #25134 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 801
Finally finished my lift and got an alignment!

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #25135 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 PM
JColee
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Logansport
Posts: 612
Had my Super 44 installed, then drove it quite a bit today around town. Something started rattling a little bit after driving it today, so I'm probably going to get it looked at by the shop who installed it.
JColee is offline  
post #25136 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM
rbrweb
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 52
Sensor And ECM inspection because of the stall thing.

Today I inspectioned the tps and the csps and the EPC as well, my ZJ stalls today, i have changed the fuel pump etc. finally i found out that i have a bad ECM, just bought it and will get installed monday.
rbrweb is offline  
post #25137 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,380
Bought a second set of tires. Gonna put these on my second set of wheels and use them in the winter.


94 Grand Cherokee 5.2 33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16 View Post
I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.
Freestyle713 is offline  
post #25138 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
get some 1/4 or 5/16 bolts ( dont remember they fit kinda loose though ) to go in the w/p holes and a clutch fan removal rental tool set

takes like 30 seconds with the right stuff
Tried to do this and dropped a 1/4-20 behind the pulley. Now, when I finally get the clutch off, I have to remove the pulley too to get that bolt. I talked with a mechanic buddy about it today though and another option is hitting the nut with an air chisel. According to him, that's the only way to do it quickly and easily and it works every time. I'm borrowing an air chisel to see how well it actually works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Bought a second set of tires. Gonna put these on my second set of wheels and use them in the winter.

You'll like them. I love my Duratracs.

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #25139 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,713
Drove it to North Richland Hills (a drive of about 25 miles) to pick up a bike for a project I'm working on. About 15 miles in, my new steering damper let go and I was wobbling all over the place. She wouldn't stay steady for longer than 500 feet. On top of that, my cooling system decided it didn't work as well as it needed to and the Jeep started running hot. I was able to keep it from overheating, through tactical use of the heater, but that shouldn't be happening. Also, whenever the temperature exceeds 215, the oil pressure drops to 0 at idle. Like, not 10, not 15, 0. Gotta look into that.

And then, all the wobbling tore up one of my swaybar link balljoints and the boots on both the knuckle ball joints have split.

So I'm basically looking at doing a full steering overhaul. New bushings for everything, new drag link, new tie rod, upsized track bar, new steering damper, all on top of the new steering box and inner tie rod end I put in. So I'm looking at a bit over $500 for all the stuff I need and want to do, all told. And then, of course, fixing the alignment. I've got 2.25" of lift, any suggestions for additional front suspension and steering type parts I might want to throw in while I'm blowing my last red cent?

1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

FUEL ECONOMY IS FOR LOSERS
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #25140 of 44098 Old 08-24-2013, 11:32 PM
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Drove it to North Richland Hills (a drive of about 25 miles) to pick up a bike for a project I'm working on. About 15 miles in, my new steering damper let go and I was wobbling all over the place. She wouldn't stay steady for longer than 500 feet. On top of that, my cooling system decided it didn't work as well as it needed to and the Jeep started running hot. I was able to keep it from overheating, through tactical use of the heater, but that shouldn't be happening. Also, whenever the temperature exceeds 215, the oil pressure drops to 0 at idle. Like, not 10, not 15, 0. Gotta look into that.

And then, all the wobbling tore up one of my swaybar link balljoints and the boots on both the knuckle ball joints have split.

So I'm basically looking at doing a full steering overhaul. New bushings for everything, new drag link, new tie rod, upsized track bar, new steering damper, all on top of the new steering box and inner tie rod end I put in. So I'm looking at a bit over $500 for all the stuff I need and want to do, all told. And then, of course, fixing the alignment. I've got 2.25" of lift, any suggestions for additional front suspension and steering type parts I might want to throw in while I'm blowing my last red cent?
Control arm bushings may be causing some of the problem as well.

Losing the stabilizer wouldn't cause that much wobble if everything was good/decent.

So I suggest control arm bushing and trackbar or your problem will likely return.
cgcarpenter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
1996maroonzjf
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 37 04-29-2016 10:36 PM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome