What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1672 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #25066
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Man my Jeep and I have been through hell and back here lately. After replacing the fuel pump, pressure regulator, and fuel filter, she ran for a while. Then quit and I replaced the ignition coil. Ran again, until Sunday morning, and upon starting she acted kinda sluggish. I needed to replace the battery, so I did. Thinking it was the issue. Sure nuff, it wasn't. Starter locked up. So the starter was rebuilt and installed today. She finally runs! This thing has been a mess lately but considering its got an almost completely new fuel system and electrical system, she getting back to 100%. This weekend comes the new tires and alignment, And maybe next week comes the brakes.

EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #25067
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndIsNear View Post
Man my Jeep and I have been through hell and back here lately. After replacing the fuel pump, pressure regulator, and fuel filter, she ran for a while. Then quit and I replaced the ignition coil. Ran again, until Sunday morning, and upon starting she acted kinda sluggish. I needed to replace the battery, so I did. Thinking it was the issue. Sure nuff, it wasn't. Starter locked up. So the starter was rebuilt and installed today. She finally runs! This thing has been a mess lately but considering its got an almost completely new fuel system and electrical system, she getting back to 100%. This weekend comes the new tires and alignment, And maybe next week comes the brakes.
Sounds like my story. Replace every sensor and the ignition coil, then the muffler, and then the parking brake pins all let go at once, so I replace the entire rear brake hardware (the shoes ground the drums in the rotors up something fierce) and she runs for a couple days until the water pump explodes. So I go to replace the water pump, and that's not working out so well, and the clutch fan breaks, and the steering box has had it. So I try and fail to get an e-fan running and spend 3 days pounding on the steering stuff before finally having it towed to a shop where they spend 6 hours doing a quoted 1.7 hour job, and then I'm able to try and finish the e-fan work, which again fails because the fan draws too much current, so finally I decide to just get a new clutch fan, but in getting everything taken apart and reassembled, I break one of the bumper hold downs and the header panel gives up the ghost.

Pain in the ***.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #25068
Gibby913
1997 ZJ 

Fixed the schitzo dimmer/headlight switch

Headlights kept going nuts every now and then.....got sick of pushing in the headlight switch to make it stop.....Did the resoldering of the entire switch.....we'll see tomorrow after the new PCM arrives if it fixed the issue....
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #25069
wwcenturion
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJLTD View Post
I used these things, found em at Napa a while back for like $5 or $10. It comes with a little attachment you put on a drill then just clean the lenses so there's no debris stuck to them, give em a quick spray with water and go to town with the little pads.
Thanks bro. You see stuff like this all the time and wish you knew of someone who has actually used it. I will pick some up.
wwcenturion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #25070
David97
1995 ZJ 

Drove it to Arvys to get something to eat lol Bout it for today.

However my tube doors will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get them and paint them, then install them.
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #25071
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David97 View Post
Drove it to Arvys to get something to eat lol Bout it for today.

However my tube doors will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get them and paint them, then install them.
weird coincidence... i drove mine to arby's too... if you got the grand turkey club that would just be freaky
AmishFury is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #25072
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

whelp
got the front back on its own weight and my ride height was about an inch higher than i had the stands set for but that's tough to figure once the fenders are cut. i don't think 34s or 35s would be a problem for a set of wheeling tires...

i also drilled the knuckles out, put the track bar in and got the ruffstuff steering i got from stevied in. i transferred it to ms paint and my track bar and drag link are dang near perfect as far as plane so bump steer shouldn't be and issue
Unread 08-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #25073
David97
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post
weird coincidence... i drove mine to arby's too... if you got the grand turkey club that would just be freaky
Negative sir. Got the beef and cheddar combo. But did get the turkey club yesterday. Damn was that good lol
Unread 08-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #25074
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonflak12
Painted the cladding black! Looks sharp now, just 4 coats of black rustoleom (the new plastic kind) and 3 clear coars. Just beggining my build much more to come
I used the exact same paint same coats and its held up perfect for about 6 month now. That rustoleum for plastics is great stuff
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #25075
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Debating if I should pick up a never installed IRO t-case skid from a local for $50.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #25076
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Debating if I should pick up a never installed IRO t-case skid from a local for $50.
I'd go for that. My stock transfer case skid is starting to show it's use. It's taken a few really good hits now...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #25077
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

Mall crawling with my girls.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #25078
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I changed the oil in it on Tuesday and drove it back to Rochester yesterday. Now I've gotta figure out what's clunking in my front left suspension once the parking lot dries. Considering I got a nice groan from it on a dip on the road, I'm thinking it's a sway bar link getting ready to go (especially considering it's not driving any differently, doesn't feel like a bad shock, etc.)
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #25079
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Pulled my lights and basket off the top to seal up the roof rack. I noticed a wet spot in the headliner last time I sprayed it down and can't think of anything else it could be. Looks so wimpy without it all up there now
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #25080
David97
1995 ZJ 

Got my tube doors!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.