What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1632 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #24466
Gazang
1997 ZJ 

Had the distinct honor (like so many other zj owners) of replacing my power steering pump bracket... twas broke in two and pump pulley was screaming like a drunk monkey. 1 hr later and new (beefed up) mopar bracket and screaming GONE!!!
And for S&Gs, seafoamed the zj and it's running 100% better now

Gazang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #24467
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I took it out to a couple car shows last night with my dad. I talked to a guy with a military spec K5 diesel Blazer for a while at one of the shows then walked around and checked out all the muscle cars and hot rods that were there. We left there to go to another show. On the way, just when I thought it might have stopped working, my check engine light came on. It wasn't running rough or anything, but it was on. I checked the code at the next little show and found it is 27. Apparently one of my injectors isn't properly responding. Maybe I'll put in the stock injectors and get rid of the 703s everyone holds dearly.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #24468
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I took it out to a couple car shows last night with my dad. I talked to a guy with a military spec K5 diesel Blazer for a while at one of the shows then walked around and checked out all the muscle cars and hot rods that were there. We left there to go to another show. On the way, just when I thought it might have stopped working, my check engine light came on. It wasn't running rough or anything, but it was on. I checked the code at the next little show and found it is 27. Apparently one of my injectors isn't properly responding. Maybe I'll put in the stock injectors and get rid of the 703s everyone holds dearly.
How long have you had the 703s?
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #24469
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
How long have you had the 703s?
Over a year now.
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #24470
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post

Over a year now.
You can soak them in a cleaner and use a compressor and clean them out I think a ricer guy said it so it may not be true lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #24471
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Were they new or reconditioned ej? Just wanted to know. Was the swap worth it in the first place?
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #24472
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I reconditioned them when I put them in. I soaked them in carb cleaner and changed their filters. I checked the resistance of 12 of them and took the 8 that had the closest value. In all honesty, after checking today, it may have been a looser connector that lowt connection when I hit a bump just long enough to throw the light. As far as the swap being worth it, no. Probably not. I didn't notice any difference in MPG or acceleration. It idled a little smoother after, but that is very marginal.
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #24473
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Getting ready to hook up the new heater core and replace the bad A/C line so I can leak check the system and then charge it up!
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #24474
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

So far I've replaced both of my rear lower control arms. They were starting to rot pretty bad. Also I ****ing love my dewalt cordless impact. It makes jobs like this so much quicker and easier. It took about an hour and a half for both sides, start to finish. And that was with wrestling the driver side arm into place for 20 minutes so the damn bolt would line up. Taking a breather for a bit then going out to put in new motor mounts.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #24475
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Passed it 23.000 times doing yardwork.

Thanks ej, kinda taking a very loose poll of people who have.
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #24476
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
diagnosing leaks
forgot i left a weak spot in the cooling system in case of head gasket leaks

mustve come looser than when i did the rad and t stat
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #24477
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

Removed the dif covers inspected gears. Everything looks good(Thank God at 279000miles). Painted Dif Covers since I dont plan on smashing them on rocks anytime soon and I figured 8.99 for paint is a better option then 200+ for new tough ones. About to put it all back together with some lubelocker gaskets and some lucas 80w90.
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #24478
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Well I jynxed myself, everything went to smoothly with the control arms. Started on the passenger side mount and was able to free every bolt except the through bolt. It would come out about 90% of the way but after that it wouldn't budge. Tried to get it lined up by starting her up, hoping that would give it the jolt I needed to wiggle it out of place. She didn't really crank, just kinda grrrd then the silent alarm went off. Checked the battery and it's at 6.5 volts. Can leaving the doors open for an extended period of time kill the battery? I'm hoping it was something stupid along those lines and not a new unknown issue. Although that never gave me a problem before.

Point being yeah I have 2 shiny new control arms but now I have a dead battery and a motor mount that's being held in place by a through bolt on one side.
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #24479
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrocker View Post
Well I jynxed myself, everything went to smoothly with the control arms. Started on the passenger side mount and was able to free every bolt except the through bolt. It would come out about 90% of the way but after that it wouldn't budge. Tried to get it lined up by starting her up, hoping that would give it the jolt I needed to wiggle it out of place. She didn't really crank, just kinda grrrd then the silent alarm went off. Checked the battery and it's at 6.5 volts. Can leaving the doors open for an extended period of time kill the battery? I'm hoping it was something stupid along those lines and not a new unknown issue. Although that never gave me a problem before.

Point being yeah I have 2 shiny new control arms but now I have a dead battery and a motor mount that's being held in place by a through bolt on one side.
I've killed the batt leaving the doors open/stereo on before. Put it on a tricle charger overnight.
For the MM loosen up both mounts before you tighten them down for good. It will allow you to use a pry bar to move the motor.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #24480
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

It looks like that was the case, got it jumped and she's fine now. That's never been an issue before though. Starting to think my battery is growing weak. I've been noticing it now takes a moment to turn over about half the time. That's despite having a new alternator and starter. And I might just have the motor mounts done by a friend of the family, it's getting harder and harder to find time to get all this done. Plus I have a deadline, gotta have everything done by August 16th when I'll be driving 400 miles to move my gf into her dorm. But now I'm pretty sure the reason why it's proving so difficult to line up is the slope on my street, you kinda lean toward the curb when your parked.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.