What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 162 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #2416
93ZJDave
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: minersville
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
got the cladding/bumpers painted and pinstriping blacked out and started stripping the cracked up hood.
remember its A 93, so she was lookin pretty rough
looks better then mine body wise mines a 93 but mine came with optional rocker panels which apparently mine did not have the option for rockers lol.

93ZJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #2417
General_Jeep
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbonia View Post
Parked it under a tree since it died. Well it's dead till I have the money to fix it anyways, which'll be months.
Me too but I will be working on me this week or next depending on how fast I can find the parts. Its sad to have a ZJ and It not working, but thats part of owning a Jeep.
__________________
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8- NV3500 - Blown D35 8.8 replacement some day.
2010 Jeep Patriot 5 speed manual-- DD, 27-31MPG :D
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 - Work Truck/Plow 5.2L NV3500
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #2418
Aaron0181
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bothell/Phoenix, Washington/Arizona
Posts: 49
In Arizona without my jeep very disappointed. Oh well, I'll drive it down in Aug.
Aaron0181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #2419
Thelt
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lenoir, NC
Posts: 604
I fixed my stuck rear hatch. To get it open I put my foot on the lock cylinder and pushed the gate in while pulling on the handle. That allowed it to open. After that I took off the plastic trim on the inside of the gate. I then took the arm out and repositioned it higher in the saddle so it would open the gate. So far so good, no problems opening it on the first pull every time. I have heard that it can slip back again. If so I will put a zip tie on it or something to hold it in place.
__________________
2005 KJ Sport 4x4
1998 ZJ with inline 6

I hate environmentalists, they keep me from enjoying the environment.
Thelt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #2420
LordHobbit
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,939
finished up the winch mount recently. Hope it holds

__________________
93 red ZJ 190k 4.0. Spent more money than I should have ...

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #2421
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,185
I like that. Do you have any pics of the process? I'd like to see how you did that.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #2422
808Defender
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Honolulu Hawaii/, Seattle Washington
Posts: 504
Looks good! ^^^

This morning I am looking online for some guys out here in the NW that can do a custom fab for a new front bumper.


I just need to make sure I got the space for the winch I already have and would like a set of 4 lights on it as well (3000K and a set of 4300K) but my GF really wants something more "chill" as she says she does not want the winch and thinks we should sell it and use the money from that and the front brush guard I have to get the bumper from ARB.

I am looking personally at something similar like this to have made. But I really do not like how "flimsy" that the lighting looks I just want to be sure they are strong welded brackets on there.
img_2815.jpg  
808Defender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #2423
NW-XJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portland
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Defender View Post
Looks good! ^^^

This morning I am looking online for some guys out here in the NW that can do a custom fab for a new front bumper.


I just need to make sure I got the space for the winch I already have and would like a set of 4 lights on it as well (3000K and a set of 4300K) but my GF really wants something more "chill" as she says she does not want the winch and thinks we should sell it and use the money from that and the front brush guard I have to get the bumper from ARB.

I am looking personally at something similar like this to have made. But I really do not like how "flimsy" that the lighting looks I just want to be sure they are strong welded brackets on there.
Dunetech offroad in Portland

heres mine, but its custom, he can do whatever you think up..
If your interested, let me know.. I'll get you hooked up with the owner

__________________
5.9 ZJ
add ons: Go fast stuff, Stop fast stuff, offroad stuff, and bright lights.
NW-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #2424
808Defender
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Honolulu Hawaii/, Seattle Washington
Posts: 504
Does that have a skid plate like the one i tossed up? That one is nice man? Is it pricey? I am not looking to spend more then 800.00 because at that price could just buy one from 4WheelParts for that with install.
808Defender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #2425
General_Jeep
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 434
Parked it on my trailer getting ready to transport it this weekend, to a garage. Just have to find a truck that can tow some 7000lbs. I think the Nissan Titan can do that with ease.
__________________
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8- NV3500 - Blown D35 8.8 replacement some day.
2010 Jeep Patriot 5 speed manual-- DD, 27-31MPG :D
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 - Work Truck/Plow 5.2L NV3500
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #2426
LordHobbit
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I like that. Do you have any pics of the process? I'd like to see how you did that.
I do but not internet accessible. Also I'm scared to put any up because my welds look like trash. It's not easy to try and weld after a 6 year spell of not welding. Plus the subframe ain't fun to weld to.

It's interesting though, I ordered a KOR radiator support. It didn't fit, so they sent me another one and let me keep the one that didn't fit. I modified it and used it as the base mount. I like how it keeps the winch below the grill.

I put what bumper I could back on to hide bad looking welds.
__________________
93 red ZJ 190k 4.0. Spent more money than I should have ...

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #2427
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,185
I'm sure your welding skills are better than mine. I've never even attempted to weld anything, ever.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #2428
NW-XJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portland
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Defender View Post
Does that have a skid plate like the one i tossed up? That one is nice man? Is it pricey? I am not looking to spend more then 800.00 because at that price could just buy one from 4WheelParts for that with install.
no where near $800.. If you do decide to go with him, I will be sure to meet you and help out in the process, The owners name is Kalani Corn, really nice guy that does good work for unbeatable prices.. Find Dunetech offroad on Facebook
__________________
5.9 ZJ
add ons: Go fast stuff, Stop fast stuff, offroad stuff, and bright lights.
NW-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #2429
SnowLeopard
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,458
New O2 sensors are on. My brother-in-law helped me with this. Actually, I called him to borrow a wrench. I seem to be lacking a 7/8", what the heck? He came over and crawled under the Jeep with me, and before I knew it, the grease monkey and I got them swapped. He's far more mechanically inclined than I, so I'm glad he offered to help. It always makes work easier when you have two people. Also, I despise plastic clips, clasps, connectors, brackets, etc. The old ones all snapped, but fortunately we got them off the Jeep and the new ones on. It was just the O2 sensor clips themselves that broke, not the actual connectors on the wiring harnesses on the Jeep. Still, what a PITA.

The 4.0 idles a bit smoother now, and as the computer relearns with the new sensors, I'll see how it goes. The average mpg for the 5-7 miles I put on her after the swap was 17.6 according to the overhead readout. It's not dead-on, but that's better than I usually get. A lot better. I imagined 4mpg improvement in-town isn't out of the question. We'll see on the highway. Right now I've been getting 10mpg in-town on 30.5's. That's just sad. So here's hoping.
__________________
Yes, it snows in Texas.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #2430
csouers
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard
New O2 sensors are on. My brother-in-law helped me with this. Actually, I called him to borrow a wrench. I seem to be lacking a 7/8", what the heck? He came over and crawled under the Jeep with me, and before I knew it, the grease monkey and I got them swapped. He's far more mechanically inclined than I, so I'm glad he offered to help. It always makes work easier when you have two people. Also, I despise plastic clips, clasps, connectors, brackets, etc. The old ones all snapped, but fortunately we got them off the Jeep and the new ones on. It was just the O2 sensor clips themselves that broke, not the actual connectors on the wiring harnesses on the Jeep. Still, what a PITA.

The 4.0 idles a bit smoother now, and as the computer relearns with the new sensors, I'll see how it goes. The average mpg for the 5-7 miles I put on her after the swap was 17.6 according to the overhead readout. It's not dead-on, but that's better than I usually get. A lot better. I imagined 4mpg improvement in-town isn't out of the question. We'll see on the highway. Right now I've been getting 10mpg in-town on 30.5's. That's just sad. So here's hoping.
I'd disco the battery to clear out the learned data so it learns the new sensor info.
__________________
1998 Bright Platinum ZJ 5.9 Limited - 5.9l, 46RE, NV-242, D30/44a (Trac-Loc) w/3.73s - The DD
1999 White XJ Sport - 4.0l, AW4, NP-231, D30/8.25 w/3.55s - The Rig

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.