What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1596 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #23926
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

ripped the carpeting out due to lake Cherokee and found some unwanted rust.

rust.jpg  
Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #23927
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Ready for a 4 day weekend.
jeep-build-4-1.jpg
jeep-build-4-2.jpg

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #23928
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Did the most american thing someone could do with a zj on the fourth of July!!!! Burried it up to the top if the plastic trim in the mud all the while having 3 american flags tapped to the back crossbar and i type this as i sit in my jeep with a buddy waiting to get pulled out.
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #23929
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Hope you didn't like your transmission.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #23930
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Well im out and seems okay for the time being. Gonna go home though park it let it cool down a little and hose it all down.
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #23931
billyblooshoes
1998 ZJ 

found the little plastic fastener that holds the center of the rear sound bar in my niner. it was just laying there in the trunk and just happened to come across it. no more loose annoying sound bar!
billyblooshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #23932
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Bled the brakes and drove it.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #23933
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

fixed my VIC.. And my check engine light went out after I reseated my lower 02 sensor plug and reset the computer. Now I have no lights and ***chin' Betty to drive me crazy. (But, I fixed the 02 two weeks ago and still all good.)
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #23934
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Washed her and shined up the Duratracs for the first time. Now time for fireworks!
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #23935
B93
1998 ZJ 

Took it to a shop to find out that my exhaust leak isn't the collector gaskets, but the flanges themselves. So that'll get fixed tomorrow, should sound much less annoying. I want to put the new bilstein shocks on soon too, but with only the stock jack and no stands I feel like it's gonna be a challenge... Then after that, I just need an alternator and a pinion seal and it shouldn't kill me when I drive half way across the country!
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #23936
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B93 View Post
Took it to a shop to find out that my exhaust leak isn't the collector gaskets, but the flanges themselves. So that'll get fixed tomorrow, should sound much less annoying. I want to put the new bilstein shocks on soon too, but with only the stock jack and no stands I feel like it's gonna be a challenge... Then after that, I just need an alternator and a pinion seal and it shouldn't kill me when I drive half way across the country!
Shocks are easy. Just get a strap you can use to hold them compressed, and then you can change them with all 4 tires sitting on the ground
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #23937
B93
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Shocks are easy. Just get a strap you can use to hold them compressed, and then you can change them with all 4 tires sitting on the ground
My issue is that I can't get the nuts to budge and there's not enough clearance for me to get much leverage on the ratchet they do look quite easy to change.

edit: ahhh **** it, gonna head out and try again. Maybe they loosened themselves a bit.

edit2: got the nuts off on the bottom... but that top one on the driver's side seems to be seized at a certain point. I managed to break it loose, twisting the shock by hand and it was working until about 4 or 5 threads from the top. Now I can't get it to budge and I'm pissed.
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #23938
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Bought a kolak exhaust minus the fm50 still in the packaging from a guy on thespeedfreaks, and ordered a fm10 series at work, which will be there next friday. Things gonna sound BEAST.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #23939
David97
1995 ZJ 

They rolled my 95 back into the shop yesterday. Well we pulled the trans pan, and well yup. Trans is gone. The bottom of the pan was caked with oatmeal like thick stuff. As well as the trans fluid smelling burnt.

Oh well, installing the new transmission tomorrow, so hopefully ill finally be able to drive it. Considering with the test drive Ive only driven it about 30 miles at most. And also have nearly a grand of work into it lol
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #23940
jeepmojo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B93 View Post
My issue is that I can't get the nuts to budge and there's not enough clearance for me to get much leverage on the ratchet they do look quite easy to change.

edit: ahhh **** it, gonna head out and try again. Maybe they loosened themselves a bit.

edit2: got the nuts off on the bottom... but that top one on the driver's side seems to be seized at a certain point. I managed to break it loose, twisting the shock by hand and it was working until about 4 or 5 threads from the top. Now I can't get it to budge and I'm pissed.
Cut it and go buy a new bolt at the hardware store!!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.