What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 1588 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #23806
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

wheeled her pretty good

Unread 06-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #23807
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Finally got it back from my brother today after 3 weeks! He smacked his ram 1500 in to curb screwing around broke the axel shaft and thr whole axel.

Soon though will detail it 100%, put my indiglo guage overlays in, window vent visors on, and order a cold air intake and lift kit after i get my debit card in two weeks
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #23808
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
Finally got it back from my brother today after 3 weeks! He smacked his ram 1500 in to curb screwing around broke the axel shaft and thr whole axel.
Way back in high school, right after I'd gotten my license, I took this freshman kid with me in my GMC and skipped 4th period, so we could go drifting. And drift we did. And then I took a corner too fast, understeered, and skidded into a curb. Bent the front passenger rim, but didn't unbead the tire or do any other damage. We had that tire changed faster than a pit stop and got the hell out of there.

That bent rim stayed on the spare carrier under the truck for 2 years before anyone found anything out, and by then, it was just assumed that something hit it during its long tenure underneath the bed.

I'd call that a victory.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #23809
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

Way back in high school, right after I'd gotten my license, I took this freshman kid with me in my GMC and skipped 4th period, so we could go drifting. And drift we did. And then I took a corner too fast, understeered, and skidded into a curb. Bent the front passenger rim, but didn't unbead the tire or do any other damage. We had that tire changed faster than a pit stop and got the hell out of there.

That bent rim stayed on the spare carrier under the truck for 2 years before anyone found anything out, and by then, it was just assumed that something hit it during its long tenure underneath the bed.

I'd call that a victory.
Ya my brother thinks he has everyone won over i bet he slammed a curb hard to do thay
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #23810
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Put some new plugs in her. And rerouted the wires.
Runs a little better.
Oh and payed for the insurance.
I hate summer time heat as well.

Gonna get a fuel pressure tester and try and find some 703 injectors next weekend
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #23811
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Replaced the V-belt tonight and WHOO-HOO! My squealing issue is GONE! Thank God!

That had to be the most annoying issue I've ever encountered. Now only 499 other things to worry about...

Sent from my GS3 using JeepForum
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #23812
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Did a long overdue oil change (IMO over due). Drained it and only 1.5 quarts came out D: so finished the oil change, filled it up with some royal purple and now I'm just gonna keep my eye on the dipstick more vigilantly...
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #23813
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Ordered some new sideview mirrors a few days ago from rock auto. Got here yesterday and put them on today. Its amazing how much better they are. Its literally like upgrading to an hdtv lol. The old ones had so many hard water stains on them, and the drivers side has been broken since I got the jeep, so the glass would vibrate and I couldn't see anything in it.

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #23814
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

I told her how much I love her!
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #23815
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

Ordered some new sideview mirrors a few days ago from rock auto. Got here yesterday and put them on today. Its amazing how much better they are. Its literally like upgrading to an hdtv lol.

They look nice!! They also look to be a bit larger. I may have to look into that!
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #23816
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

I'd call that a victory.
i got my license 3 months ago lol. a few weeks ago, i was bringing my sister and her friend home from the mall and there was a stop sign, at which i had to turn. there was water running on the street here from i assume a sprinkler leak. so i stopped, then when i took off i was a little hard on the gas and that combined with the water pitched the back end out. then to add insult to injury, i overcorrected and almost went on the sidewalk then i hear from the back seat, my sisters friend "that was AWESOME! do it again!"
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #23817
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio

i got my license 3 months ago lol. a few weeks ago, i was bringing my sister and her friend home from the mall and there was a stop sign, at which i had to turn. there was water running on the street here from i assume a sprinkler leak. so i stopped, then when i took off i was a little hard on the gas and that combined with the water pitched the back end out. then to add insult to injury, i overcorrected and almost went on the sidewalk then i hear from the back seat, my sisters friend "that was AWESOME! do it again!"
That's the kind of girl every guy needs.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #23818
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i have that girl , she gets me in so much damn trouble
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #23819
Darkrocker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNnewburg View Post
Ordered some new sideview mirrors a few days ago from rock auto. Got here yesterday and put them on today. Its amazing how much better they are. Its literally like upgrading to an hdtv lol.

They look nice!! They also look to be a bit larger. I may have to look into that!
Yah know my driver side one vibrates like that to, I always assumed it was just a quirk of the truck. I may put that on my to do list.. However...

I finally replaced a leaky brake line and discovered my rear control arms are done. I had noticed my front ones getting there but now I realize I need new ones all around. I ran through the prices quick on rockauto and it looks like it'll be about $200 for the whole lot .

Here's the question/debate though, I'm shooting for a 3.5" lift. Would I be able to run that well with stock control arms? If not I might as well shell out the cash for a lift kit that includes ones that are ideal for the lift. Better than paying $200 for something that will be swapped out by Winter.
Darkrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #23820
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

If your going to do that lift, best bet would be getting the Energy bushing kit and just replacing the bad bushings as needed. Just burn the old bushings out of their shells, propane or Mapp gas torch works great!
I got the Energy bushing kit, then discovered several of my control arms were nearly rusted through. I picked up/ installed the 8 CA cheapo kit off Ebay and it turned out really well. Total spent was around $300, but the track bar bushings, sway bar bushings as well as CA arms and bushings are all new! If the cheapo CA bushings wear out I still have all of the CA un-used Energy bushings to complete the up-grade.
The ZJ handles much better! Amazing difference!
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.